The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Any fix for Treek's lack of companion quest conversations planned soon?

Arvig

I figured I'd ask, myself and I know a few others have had an issue that no matter how much affection one gains with Treek the Ewok, she never has any conversations in a cantina or on ship past her initial one, at least with me.

I didn't test her in beta, but I got the idea that she did have a few in beta.

And yes, I am aware there's already threads on this topic, but after checking eight pages deep I couldn't find one, so I decided to repost. And yes, I suppose I could have done a search for a thread. :p But I'll leave it up to the moderators to decide if this should be moved or deleted then if so, which I won't mind if that happens.

Anyway, assuming she is meant to have more conversations based on affection level, any fix in the works?

Edited by Arvig
Minor editing.

As far as I know Bioware hasn't even acknowledged that there is a problem with the conversations, nevermind a fix. =/

I was hoping they'd sneak in a stealth fix during one of the patches, but nothing so far...

Maybe next week, when the bounty hunter live event shuts down for a month. Assuming they aren't only focused on 2.4 now. Mind you, it's not like I don't want them to work on 2.4, but at least say they know Treek's conversation arc isn't working if not put someone on figuring out why.

If I were to hazard a completely unsubstantiated guess it's that they're having trouble with any potential fix. Perhaps they're having trouble making the fix retroactive, thus unintentionally screwing over everyone who has purchased already.

As for the 2 week silence on the issue, the problem (selling and continuing to advertise a defective feature) would be hazardous to openly admit to before they could properly fix it. Since the response on the forums is rather muted and polite, it's less of a risk for them to publicly ignore the problem until either they have a proper fix or enough people generate Slap-in-the-Face Outrage.

Hopefully we'll get some kind of response tomorrow, but if ignoring the issue for two weeks has worked so far, no reason why ignoring for 2 more should be any different. ;)

If I were to hazard a completely unsubstantiated guess it's that they're having trouble with any potential fix. Perhaps they're having trouble making the fix retroactive, thus unintentionally screwing over everyone who has purchased already.

As for the 2 week silence on the issue, the problem (selling and continuing to advertise a defective feature) would be hazardous to openly admit to before they could properly fix it. Since the response on the forums is rather muted and polite, it's less of a risk for them to publicly ignore the problem until either they have a proper fix or enough people generate Slap-in-the-Face Outrage.

Hopefully we'll get some kind of response tomorrow, but if ignoring the issue for two weeks has worked so far, no reason why ignoring for 2 more should be any different. ;)

I do still think it's better to admit something is bugged, even if it could be harmful in this case with regards to sales of Treek's contract on the cartel market. I would argue that ignoring the problem gives them a reputation of not communicating with their customers. If nothing else, they should have added this to the known issues thread, even if there is no current ETA on the fix or even any idea where to begin to fix it. I played EQ2 for years, and although they did get a lot better with communication, for much of that time they did tend to just ignore talking to the public overall. Faith in the developers and customer service in that game dropped drastically. It was when they were willing to communicate, even if it was a comment like "Sorry, we know it's bugged, no ETA on a fix" is when people started to have faith in their team again. To be fair, there's always people that got angry over such a comment as well, but every game has it's unpleasable fanbase.

The problem is that some people are getting the convos (10k affection got me 6-8 conversations), but many are not.

They have to figure out why some of us are not bugged, whereas others are.

;)Maybe it's an Ewok only disease?;)

This I didn't know, I just assumed everyone had no conversation options. It would be interesting to see if there is a common theme with people that can get her to chat.

This I didn't know, I just assumed everyone had no conversation options. It would be interesting to see if there is a common theme with people that can get her to chat.

I actually asked if this was working for some people on one of these threads, and not a single response - I guess the people that it's working for can't be bothered to read these. :p

I'll have to see if any of my alts has a "chatty" Treek.

I actually asked if this was working for some people on one of these threads, and not a single response - I guess the people that it's working for can't be bothered to read these. :p

I'll have to see if any of my alts has a "chatty" Treek.

I haven't personally encountered a "chatty" Treek myself. Mind you, I haven't asked everyone I know but for myself, I have her on two characters out of eight. In both cases she's not "chatty". A friend of mine has just one Treek, but her's isn't chatty. Another has I'd guess at least three, again same thing. I'll ask some of my other friends and guildmates that I know have at least one Treek and see. If I remember to do so I'll post results either way.

As a short addendum, 2.3.1 does patch in this week, maybe this will be the fix for Treek's conversation. I hope so.

Edited by Arvig

Message to EABW employees,

You have to placate your costumers, we are Star Wars fans and PC gamers. A very fussy bunch.

Just let us know if its a bug or not. Yes we will give you BS for whatever you say, but it will kill the issue.

And please try to keep Ignoring those EA memos. Remember, if it becomes a problem just blame it on the programer who doesn't speak English.

Edited by Jrea

At least for me, no fix of Treek's conversation. (I know it wasn't in the patch notes, but I figured maybe there would be a fix anyway. Call that wishful thinking).

Mind you, she when clicked now says something different (I forget what now) instead of mentioning going back to the ship, but still no actual fix to her conversations.

This was posted in the Patch notes thread yesterday by AmberGreen. They're working on it.

Hi

I am sure that others are looking to the notes for this as well. Even after Game Update 2.3.1, some players may experience a Treek who trolls by saying she has a conversation for you on the ship... even when you're on the ship. Not every Treek does this, though, so it was a slippery one to nail down. Nonetheless, this is a very high priority bug for us that was originally planned to be in this deploy. Unfortunately, during testing we discovered it to not be fully fixed, so we weren't able to get it it into this patch. The new goal will be to get it fixed for the very next patch.

Edited by Kellanric

My question is - are they fixing Treek saying "I want to talk" (which is what it sounds like) or are they fixing Treek not having anything to SAY? I want a conversation line q.q.

What they effectively did was disable the "check engine" light, but no actual fix/progress on the actual problem has been mentioned since.