The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Low/High Res Textures

johnnyjordan

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not so sure. I know the character preview is much shoddier looking than the actual gear on my character. So I'm sure there's at least two different textures in game..maybe High is Medium?

I hate to be one of 'those' but if High is working properly it's definitely not high enough. Despite this, SWTOR is killing my maxxing my Fermi and 8 gigs of ram like they're nothing :p

And while EAware is happy to sit on their collective rears instead of bringing a 2011 game up to 2011 graphic standards, Cryptic is adding DX11 to Star Trek Online. And they've even had AA and high rez textures from the beginning.

When Cryptic, one of the *******st developers known to man, can manage things EAware can't, there's a problem.

Edited by Zorvan

And while EAware is happy to sit on their collective rears instead of bringing a 2011 game up to 2011 graphic standards, Cryptic is adding DX11 to Star Trek Online.

When Cryptic, one of the *******st developers known to man, can manage something EAware can't, there's a problem.

... The game has been out for just over two weeks. The developers are probably just getting back from Christmas vacation.

You know, the time they spend with their families?

Man, people. Chill out and wait. Bioware isn't made up of machines.

... The game has been out for just over two weeks. The developers are probably just getting back from Christmas vacation.

You know, the time they spend with their families?

Man, people. Chill out and wait. Bioware isn't made up of machines.

They had years of beta to get the **** done.

They had years of beta to get the **** done.

And like every other mmo developer, they failed at that!

However, they still failed a lot less hard than most others.

Such a stupid comment ''they had x years!!!!'' yeah sure, but do you have ANY clue on how complicated this **** is? I don't even think you can wrap your head around the most basic stuff, but whatever. Every mmo developer so far failed in this regard, every single one. And Bioware did too, however, except for missing feaures (see other thread) and the most important one: performance issues, this mmo is wAy more complete than most others.

And like every other mmo developer, they failed at that!

However, they still failed a lot less hard than most others.

Such a stupid comment ''they had x years!!!!'' yeah sure, but do you have ANY clue on how complicated this **** is? I don't even think you can wrap your head around the most basic stuff, but whatever. Every mmo developer so far failed in this regard, every single one. And Bioware did too, however, except for missing feaures (see other thread) and the most important one: performance issues, this mmo is wAy more complete than most others.

You go ahead and keep giving developers the "everyone else releases with bugs and glitches so it's fine for them too" pass. I'd rather not.