Mako Gearing, Secondary Stats And Augments...

NinjaNard

Thanks to the great guides online working out stats for my DPS Merc has been fine, BUT gearing up Mako I'm a bit clueless?!?

Should I be going all out on critical till I hit 25%?!? Should I just max power?!? Was going to avoid accuracy and alatricity but the whole power/crit/surge ratio is confusing me!

Currently have her in full 69 gear with artifact implants and earpiece, crit around 14%, surge 72, power around 300 damage bonus, HELP!

P.S Also need help with which types of augments to add...

Thanks to the great guides online working out stats for my DPS Merc has been fine, BUT gearing up Mako I'm a bit clueless?!?

Should I be going all out on critical till I hit 25%?!? Should I just max power?!? Was going to avoid accuracy and alatricity but the whole power/crit/surge ratio is confusing me!

Currently have her in full 69 gear with artifact implants and earpiece, crit around 14%, surge 72, power around 300 damage bonus, HELP!

P.S Also need help with which types of augments to add...

Frankly, it s exactly the same as gearing up a character.

You ll want Mako's main stat augmented (Cunning?). On Elara ( Mako's republic equivalent), I try to keep the crit rate above 20%, surge at roughly 70-75% and rest in Power.

Accuracy is useless since it s a healing companion and I m not convinced about Alacrity's ROI compared to Crit.

Resourse regen for companions, no. But they do have activation times on some of their abiltiies, which Alacrity does affect. But really you would be better off stacking other stats instead of Alacrity for your companion.

If I'm not mistaken, alacrity could only be traded for either accuracy or surge. Accuracy is useless for healers so that only leaves surge.

Companions miss out on a lot from skill trees and Crit/accuracy seem to raise even slower on them. You'll get the most bang for your buck with:

Power > Cunning > Surge

Flash points drop optimized Crit/surge and Crit/Alacrity enhancements, don't be afraid to use these till you get power ones later.

You may also just want to buy Treek and give him your PVP set or alternate gear. He can wear everything you can and does an excellent job healing. I use legacy gear on all my characters (and companions) so I can pass around gear to other companions or alts, saves a lot of work and the 2 mil+ for full augs.