Will I level up too fast if I complete all optional quests?

MindStriker

Hi All,

I am still on Taris as L23 Jedi Shadow and still have a few quests left in the Brejik's Run Outpost area and I'm sure there are more quests afterward. I heard of a bonus quest I haven't received yet. I usually like to complete all optional quests in a game but feel I am leveling too fast. Taris is suppose to be from 16-20 and I am 23. Nar Shaddaa is next at levels 20-24 and I haven't even started.

I understand the experience from mobs diminish as you are higher level than theirs and the same I believe is with quest rewards. If like WOW, I would think they would turn into a 'gray' level and I wouldn't get any EXP until my level is closer to the quest/mob levels again.

So my question is, will I run into level issues if I try to complete all/most optional quests? Will the game get even easier or does it get harder at higher levels? I understand I will outlevel the 'badges' but can always buy from the auction house.

Any thoughts? Are others in the same boat and is it an issue?

Thanks for your feedback.

MindStriker

Hi All,

I am still on Taris as L23 Jedi Shadow and still have a few quests left in the Brejik's Run Outpost area and I'm sure there are more quests afterward. I heard of a bonus quest I haven't received yet. I usually like to complete all optional quests in a game but feel I am leveling too fast. Taris is suppose to be from 16-20 and I am 23. Nar Shaddaa is next at levels 20-24 and I haven't even started.

I understand the experience from mobs diminish as you are higher level than theirs and the same I believe is with quest rewards. If like WOW, I would think they would turn into a 'gray' level and I wouldn't get any EXP until my level is closer to the quest/mob levels again.

So my question is, will I run into level issues if I try to complete all/most optional quests? Will the game get even easier or does it get harder at higher levels? I understand I will outlevel the 'badges' but can always buy from the auction house.

Any thoughts? Are others in the same boat and is it an issue?

Thanks for your feedback.

MindStriker

Quest do become grey. I think if they are 6 levels below. You'll get 5 exp points for greys.

You have more quest than you'll ever know on Taris. Just when I thought it was over and go to the space port to leave and BAM a whole slew of new quests emerged. As a person who enjoys Warzones as well I was level 22 when I got there and lvl 26 when I left. Alot of the first half Taris quests went grey on me (lvl 19 and eventually 20). So of course I have accepted the fact that this game has far too much exp and I will always outlevel everything until endgame content. And as a approach lvl 30 I don't see the leveling curve getting any steeper. Level 27 to 28 is just as fast as 14-15.

Yes and no.

I went to Taris as a level 19 (Taris is labeled 16-20). However, I could still gain XP from everything and nothing was Greyed out.

Technically you do outlevel it, but not to the point where it's worthless to do them.

I just got done with Taris, only quests I didnt do were the heroics.

Went from 18 to 23

Nar Shadda will make up for that. It's supposed to be 20-24 but the amount of xp you get there really isnt all that much.

The hardest part will be saving the 40k credits to get speeder training at lvl 25

Ive only got 20k saved so far.

Going the complete PvE Route, meaning a combination of Heroics, Flashpoints, and Questing I have found numerous times throughout CBT that there are FAR too many quests. With this same approach I have found the root of my problems of always being 3-4 levels higher than my current Class-Quest Planet, the Bonus Series.

I now *always* skip the Bonus Series on any respective planet that has them. If you are doing the Bonus Series, you will always find yourself doing Green-Level Quests and consistently being further and further ahead in levels than the planet you are currently questing on.

Going the complete PvE Route, meaning a combination of Heroics, Flashpoints, and Questing I have found numerous times throughout CBT that there are FAR too many quests. With this same approach I have found the root of my problems of always being 3-4 levels higher than my current Class-Quest Planet, the Bonus Series.

I now *always* skip the Bonus Series on any respective planet that has them. If you are doing the Bonus Series, you will always find yourself doing Green-Level Quests and consistently being further and further ahead in levels than the planet you are currently questing on.

That's not very smart, alot of people I know did that, now around 40, they're underleveled.

Yep i definately recommend doing the optional quests (bonus quests) since it will be easier to complete the class specific quests later on in the game. Being lower level than the quest that you are doing combined with a non-optimal gear will make some of the class quests a bit more challenging than they need to be.

Also completing bonus quests will earn you a decent amount of cash and earn some nice upgrades for yourself and your companion.

Edited by Tirpe

There giving too much xp for other stuff to make it viable to do everything. I hate that I have to choose to either pvp/instance/quest/space combat in order to level accordingly. I did the daily's for a few days and have out-leveled all my quests. I ended up doing planetary missions for money and lore but it doesn't seem right to have to do all that for no xp just because I wanted to partake in all the game has to offer.