Scheduled Maintenance for Server Consolidation

CourtneyWoods

TRANSLATION: We will be adding even more people to our already overloaded West Coast servers. We are positive there will be a 12 hour scheduled downtime and after that is anybody's guess. If you have been having problems with the game running badly on our West Coast servers, you haven't seen anything yet. From this point forward "is anybody else lagging" shall be asked in General Chat at least once every two minutes, preferably by a different person until TESO, Wildstar, and EQ Next are released, at which point we're just going to all stop showing up to work. Thank you for playing.

TRANSLATION: We will be adding even more people to our already overloaded West Coast servers. We are positive there will be a 12 hour scheduled downtime and after that is anybody's guess. If you have been having problems with the game running badly on our West Coast servers, you haven't seen anything yet. From this point forward "is anybody else lagging" shall be asked in General Chat at least once every two minutes, preferably by a different person until TESO, Wildstar, and EQ Next are released, at which point we're just going to all stop showing up to work. Thank you for playing.

so much ignorance, as i said on last page, 99% of APAC players have been on the US servers for weeks if not nearly 2 months....:rolleyes:

My concern is how they will be handling name conflicts when people have purchased name changes from the cartel market. Do those people still risk losing the name? And if so, will they be refunded for the cash they paid to obtain it in the first place?

With care, I hope. I've had my main since release of the game, before APAC even existed, with over 50 days of playtime on that character alone, so if it gets changed we're gonna have a serious problem.

Edited by ELECTRICJUDGMENT

Are we getting a patch too? Bounty Hunt event? New Cartel Packs?

Hey folks,

Just to be as clear as possible, the event will be kicking off on Wednesday the 14th (timezone shenanigans aside!). No postponing and no patch is necessary for it. Hope that helps!

-eric

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=6650624#edit6650624

Edited by Jason_H

So if I am reading this correct, the servers will be offline for 10 more hours? European as well, which are not affected by this consolidation?

What is the reason for a 10+ hour maintenance, during European day-time?