Legacy level = number of companions that can be sent out

Khelthar

Since you can now get 7 companions (+ a ship droid), how about allowing an increase to the number of companions that can be tasked at one time. I suggest tying this to the legacy level, thus making it meaningful.

I don't read this thread much, so my apologies if this has already been suggested.

I was thinking more along the lines of the following:

Legacy level 30 - ability to send out 1 additional companion

Legacy level 40 - ability to send out 2 additional companions

Legacy level 50 - ability to send out 3 additional companions

The current number of companions is not tied to level as different classes get the ability to send out additional companions at different levels. I believe it is tied more to the story line. But, regardless, max is only 5 whether you are 50 or 55.

I was thinking more along the lines of the following:

Legacy level 30 - ability to send out 1 additional companion

Legacy level 40 - ability to send out 2 additional companions

Legacy level 50 - ability to send out 3 additional companions

The current number of companions is not tied to level as different classes get the ability to send out additional companions at different levels. I believe it is tied more to the story line. But, regardless, max is only 5 whether you are 50 or 55.

I like this idea. I would just add 1 for each ten levels though. So at legacy level + characer level 50 you could send out ten companions. Would leave some room for later.

Since you can now get 7 companions (+ a ship droid), how about allowing an increase to the number of companions that can be tasked at one time. I suggest tying this to the legacy level, thus making it meaningful.

I don't read this thread much, so my apologies if this has already been suggested.

What do you do when the "have to have it now" crowd comes clamoring that it's not fair and that they want to be able to BUY additional companion task slots?

Pretty good idea as it raises the value of Legacy Levels. What about the price? Or is it free? *offtopic* By the way a question: Do the additional companions like HK-51 and Treek have any Crew-Skill efficiencies? *offtopic*

What do you do when the "have to have it now" crowd comes clamoring that it's not fair and that they want to be able to BUY additional companion task slots?

You put it on the CC market and make a profit to make more content.

:D

I agree with the OP, let this happen.

Edited by TridusSWTOR

You put it on the CC market and make a profit to make more content.

:D

I agree with the OP, let this happen.

That would negate the need for legacy levels to unlock the additional companion "task slots" and once again render legacy meaningless. If this feature were to be implemented, I would prefer to see it tied only to legacy and NOT available for purchase on the CM.

I also recognize that the "have to have it now" crowd will have a fit that someone who actually put in the effort to reach the required legacy levels has something that they don't have.