When can we expect a DPS balance patch?

KurtDunn

Now arch, you and I have had this very argument and we essentially agreed to disagree because in the end we both had opinions and that was it. Your opinion being what you just outlined and mine the opposite (I firmly believe that if you are actively raiding on a character you should be able and geared to play all specs; its why I have two sets on damn near all of my toons). Now, however, we have an answer directly from bioware and while you are obviously entitled to disagree with their design intention you can no longer argue that it isn't their design intention. By no means do I think it is possible to have two or more completely itemized seta of gear but if you aren't at least trying to make sure your took is playable in all of its specs, I am sorry, but you are not someone I would want in my raid because without that knowledge you simply aren't playing your class to ita maximum potential. Bioware does view off heals as utility and I am willing to extrapolate they feel the same about an off taunt. While you can argue that it shouldn't be that way, you just cannot argue that it isn't anymore.

Most of what they said regarding off heals seemed to be from a PVP perspective, not a PVE raiding perspective. If we view it from a PVE perspective then it represents a reversal on their previous stance that there was no intended hybrid tax.

Further more, healing on a class and DPSing on a class and knowing when to use your healing abilities are not even close to the same thing. I leveled commando to be a DPS. I like the big minigun. I've never wanted to be a healer. I am not a healer. It's nothing I enjoy, it's not something I'm good at. I shouldn't be forced to play one of only two classes when there are 8 DPS capable classes. That's fine if that makes me a bad player. I've never claimed to be good. But keep in mind that double gear sets are things you do when everyone in your core group is already geared. You can't do that on progression.

Finally, whatever they're design intentions, it's clear that they are far too stupid to implement them. Off heals are an old crutch for them not wanting to admit they've screwed up. They used to use them as an excuse for commandos not having an interrupt because that would be "too much utility". When they bust that old gem out I just automatically assume whoever wrote the answer didn't know what he was actually talking about and therefore should not be listened to, and in a just world would be fired. I'm starting to get that way with the "well you don't get an execute phase on a dummy". These aren't hard obstacles. They need to pull their heads out of their butts and engage.

But that's a different argument.

Edited by ArchangelLBC

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Finally, whatever they're design intentions, it's clear that they are far too stupid to implement them. Off heals are an old crutch for them not wanting to admit they've screwed up. They used to use them as an excuse for commandos not having an interrupt because that would be "too much utility". When they bust that old gem out I just automatically assume whoever wrote the answer didn't know what he was actually talking about and therefore should not be listened to, and in a just world would be fired. I'm starting to get that way with the "well you don't get an execute phase on a dummy". These aren't hard obstacles. They need to pull their heads out of their butts and engage.

But that's a different argument.

I fully agree. That arguement is used on Assassins and Shadows shamelessly and yet anyone that raids one can easily see that this arguement is just not valid. Do they have great execute phase? Yes. Is it worth the abysmal sustainable dps for the whole duration of the fight? Not hardly. Sadly, I don't hold out much hope that they'll be fixed anytime soon due to lack of factual insight from the devs. There seems too be a disconnect between us, the players, and the devs/balance PERSON. Perhaps with all the added income Cartel Market seems to add they could hire some more people to the balance portion.