Modified DTB-27 Bolt Pistol Damage Bug?

nersbud

I just recieved the legendary Modified DTB-27 Bolt Pistol from the Bounty Hunter class quest on Hoth (I can't remember the quest name but its when you talk to Blizz in his cage the second time) and the base damage seems to be bugged. The torhead tooltip has it at 106-197 energy damage and the in-game tooltip has it at much less (again dont remember exact numbers, something like 12-20 energy damage).

I thought this might be just a typo or tooltip error but when I equip it my base damage stat on the character screen also drops way down. I didn't have time to actually test it out on some mobs to see if it really was doing that much less damage. As of this post I have not added any mods to the open slots (but I don't believe mods affect base damage anyway, correct me if I am wrong).

Let me know if anyone else is seeing this or knows what's going on with it. I want to use this awesome blaster!

Yeah. I'm using that gun mostly because I like the fact that the color is apprently unique; it's a dark blue; not the normal blue of rares, nor is it purple like a prototype.

Anyway, the damage it does is based on the barrel mod. Put in a high level one and it will be just fine.

The colour it has IS the colour for legendarys.

However it is only legendary in colour and at current, is the only legendary coloured item in the game.

This has been in since beta when it used to be yellow, then changed to the very similar icon colour to artifact, however the link colour, stands out differently.

On Topic, It needs modding.

• 5 weeks later...
Anyone can say me How can get this blaster?

Read the first post, you get It on Hoth, follow your BH class quest.

(but I don't believe mods affect base damage anyway, correct me if I am wrong).

I think they do, the higher level mods you put into it, the higher level the weapon itself becomes, and the more base damage It will do. At least that's my experience with it.

I'm level 50 and I still use it, I just shoved some 30-50,000 Cred mods in it.

when i first got this weapon i gave it identical item modifications to the weapon i had at the time, and found that the dtb-27 pistol gained higher tech power and base damage than the gun i was using.

im not sure if this holds true throughout, or even if anyone else has had this experience, but i have been using it ever since because of that.

when i first got this weapon i gave it identical item modifications to the weapon i had at the time, and found that the dtb-27 pistol gained higher tech power and base damage than the gun i was using.

im not sure if this holds true throughout, or even if anyone else has had this experience, but i have been using it ever since because of that.

That makes sense, since Jawa's like to pimp things out and make em stronger

Apparently it is only Legendary because it was the first modable item put into the game. I only learned this through torhead so I don't know how true it is.

Sounds legit though, a small nod to the first item, thus legendary.