PvP LvL Brackets

JediDuckling

There will be QQ no matter what, I don't want a bracket system that makes this game just like all the other games.

I assume with time they might do it, or spread it out, and if they do I will accept it.

But no, I don't think they should.

Edited by Yvin
removed quote

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The devs made the game, and will take in consideration the correct action the customers want.

Don't toot on the horn that everyone wants brackets.

One thing this game isn't is a bracket pvp game right now, and I am glad.

why so when you get to lvl 50 you can hope for loads of lvl 10's on the other team to get free kills to think you have skills ?

The devs made the game, and will take in consideration the correct action the customers want.

Don't toot on the horn that everyone wants brackets.

One thing this game isn't is a bracket pvp game right now, and I am glad.

Dude, I am gonna laugh so hard at you when they release level brackets.

the bolster system is not working lol. you dont want it fixed because you get easy kills from the low lvl's that join the warfronts.

lvl 11's or so vs lvl 50's bolsterd or not is realy stupidly unfair.

something has got to be done about this and lvl brackets have got to be implamented.

bolsterd or not the lvl 50's get

better gear and are able to use pvp gear

more abilitys

more spec points to putt into your spec class roll skills

not realy fair at all.

This. Game. Is. Not. Meant. To. Be. Balanced. At. Low. Level. PvP.

Their Focus is Level cap PvP.

There will be QQ no matter what, I don't want a bracket system that makes this game just like all the other games.

I assume with time they might do it, or spread it out, and if they do I will accept it.

But no, I don't think they should.

why do you think those games have a lvl bracket system in the first place ?

to balance out lvl diffrence's

open your eye's for one moment and check your abilitys as a lvl 13 your gear and how far you are in your class roll with points to spend. hmmm

now look at a lvl 50's :)

my point proven explain and im right warzones need a lvl bracket system

10-25 26-40 41-50 a perfect example which will not only balance the warzones but make it fair for everyone.

you played beta for 3 months and didnt notice a problem.

I think the system matches what Warhammer has somewhat.

The problem is people not being able to adjust to a challenge style of PvP.

Bolster provides a challenge, god forbid people have to learn teamwork.

you mean be gimped while everyone else has there full abilitys gear and talents yea right

oh sure thats fair derp!

How does level 10 abilities vs level 50 abilities provide a challenge? *******.

How does level 10 abilities vs level 50 abilities provide a challenge? *******.

Why are you worried about levels?

Worry about winning the game and leveling up, oh and saving comms to get better gear.

Your guys mind is off the PvP and teamwork, and is on pointing fingers.

And yes that just happened.

I don't know exactly how bolster works but one thing I know from doing some of the PvP and being a lower level, I didn't get new abilities. That's the only concern I had.

You will get more abilities the higher level you are and it seems a little unbalanced for some players to have more skills than others. It would be the same as Jedi Knights having fewer abilities at level cap than a Sith Warrior. I still enjoy the battlegrounds and not having as many abilities as others doesn't really bother me but I know that there are some people that it will bother.

For instance, low level healers aren't going to be as useful as the higher level healers because they'll have 1 or two heals compared to the 3 or 4 that a higher level has. Not to mention the interesting healing mechanics that will be missed out while assigning skill points. Low levels might be able to pull off bigger heals but they won't be as efficient.

Like I said, I'm not really worried about it but it's an issue people will complain about. It would be nice if the current system is just temporary and BioWare is waiting until there is a larger population of higher levels. Before they start creating brackets. Maybe at a much later date when they start adding more levels.

There is a reason why WOW pvp battlegrounds sucked

There is another reason why SWTOR warzones suck too

To this date, WAR and RIFTS Scenarios were the best thing ever created...i wonder why

Expand on that then, maybe suggest an idea rather then "yeah it sucks" ...

Edited by Cyphen

I don't know exactly how bolster works but one thing I know from doing some of the PvP and being a lower level, I didn't get new abilities. That's the only concern I had.

You will get more abilities the higher level you are and it seems a little unbalanced for some players to have more skills than others. It would be the same as Jedi Knights having fewer abilities at level cap than a Sith Warrior. I still enjoy the battlegrounds and not having as many abilities as others doesn't really bother me but I know that there are some people that it will bother.

For instance, low level healers aren't going to be as useful as the higher level healers because they'll have 1 or two heals compared to the 3 or 4 that a higher level has. Not to mention the interesting healing mechanics that will be missed out while assigning skill points. Low levels might be able to pull off bigger heals but they won't be as efficient.

Like I said, I'm not really worried about it but it's an issue people will complain about. It would be nice if the current system is just temporary and BioWare is waiting until there is a larger population of higher levels. Before they start creating brackets. Maybe at a much later date when they start adding more levels.

Nice post atm, and look it gets better while you level. You do get better moves, you do become better with practice, and yes it is a challenge so thank god for that.

Problem is lower level don't want to deal with people that are better than them, and higher level than them, which Bolster helps with that problem.

I mean there is people that are bad level 50's, not everyone knows how this game should be played yet.

Time will tell how people adjust to this game.

Edited by Caeliux

If you knew how the bolster system worked you wouldn't be complaining about lvl brackets.

The only advantage a lvl 50 gets over a lower level is that the lvl 50 has more abilities.

How bolster works currently

Bolster is rather simple. It adds a flat amount to your main stat, endurance, and armor. This amount is exactly the same from warzone to warzone. The only thing that changes it is your level.

Some test results.

level 17: +871

level 30: +508

level 36: +449

level 40: +300

This means that at level 10 your main stat and endurance get bolstered +~1,000 and at level 50 you get +0.

So what does this mean for you?

Every time you level you will effectively loose stats inside warzones. In order to make up for that, you need better items, abilities, and talents.

Disregarding abilities and talents, from level 36 to level 40 you will loose 149 points of your main stat and endurance. Therefor, if you want your damage to remain the same, you need to find gear that will add an additional 149 points of your main stat.

If you are wearing mostly green quality gear, your damage and life will get worse as you level!

You need to stay in all BLUE and PURPLE gear close to your level if you want to stay on par in warzones. This is not a big deal in your teens and early twenties, but as you get to 30 and beyond you will become very gear dependent.

Buy PvP gear, run flashpoints, talk to primary crafters, and do heroic quests!

If you knew how the bolster system worked you wouldn't be complaining about lvl brackets.

The only advantage a lvl 50 gets over a lower level is that the lvl 50 has more abilities.

Bolster is rather simple. It adds a flat amount to your main stat, endurance, and armor. This amount is exactly the same from warzone to warzone. The only thing that changes it is your level.

Some test results.

This means that at level 10 your main stat and endurance get bolstered +~1,000 and at level 50 you get +0.

Every time you level you will effectively loose stats inside warzones. In order to make up for that, you need better items, abilities, and talents.

Disregarding abilities and talents, from level 36 to level 40 you will loose 149 points of your main stat and endurance. Therefor, if you want your damage to remain the same, you need to find gear that will add an additional 149 points of your main stat.

If you are wearing mostly green quality gear, your damage and life will get worse as you level!

You need to stay in all BLUE and PURPLE gear close to your level if you want to stay on par in warzones. This is not a big deal in your teens and early twenties, but as you get to 30 and beyond you will become very gear dependent.

Thank you so much for this, I don't have time or want to provide actually stat truth to these guys that have no idea how this system works, and how it gets better with levels.

Edited by Caeliux

Why are you worried about levels?

Worry about winning the game and leveling up, oh and saving comms to get better gear.

Your guys mind is off the PvP and teamwork, and is on pointing fingers.

And yes that just happened.

its kinda hard to when 1 OP bounty hunters are a joke and being a gimped low rank against a full geared pimped out lvl 50 is kinda a joke unbalanced and unfair.

which is why the pvp warzones need lvl brackets

Nice post atm, and look it gets better while you level. You do get better moves, you do become better with practice, and yes it is a challenge so thank god for that.

Problem is lower level don't want to deal with people that are better than them, and higher level than them, which Bolster helps with that problem.

I mean there is people that are bad level 50's, not everyone knows how this game should be played yet.

Time will tell how people adjust to this game.

yes it gets better as you lvl which is why lvl brackets need putting in place.

but you are still missing the point

Some test results.

lol wow you still dont understand it yet you have just explained well tryed to

and ive already stated and justified this.

the higher you are the better your gear the better your abilitys and perks will be as you have 41 skill points were as a lvl 10 will have 1.

your abilitys make get bolsterd to balance it a little but you still lack the abilitys passives and perks a lvl 50 would.

so my point is still valid and is right about the warzone system being unbalanced unfair and lvl brackets need implamenting into warzones.

1 thing that keeps bugging me are all the ppl saying teamwork beats whatever. Sure maybe so but even a crap team can defend 2 cannons if they get'em from start. Think about it! Picture the wz maps, where exactly does Warzones leave room for teamwork (not huttball ofc)?

"all focus right door!"... Like it matters, the doors are like 15 meters apart so it just becomes 1 big clash. Chaos ffs and the room for teamwork is almost 0.

Thank god for huttball

BTW I played wow before this (like many others) and rule of thumb in wow BG:s is that the highest dmg-dealers in the BG was usually the worst players at teamwork and to many of those ppl WILL make u lose (we're talking random here).

Guess what!? In swtor pvp the biggest dmgdealers are almost ALWAYS the most important players for their team. And what does that mean u ask. Yes thats right, because there's almost no room to manuver

Thank you so much for this, I don't have time or want to provide actually stat truth to these guys that have no idea how this system works, and how it gets better with levels.

we do know how the system works and its stupid for the low lvl's that have to enter warzones with maybe 2 abilitys and no perks or traits you get when you are lvl 50.

you are wrong and warzones need lvl brackets

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.