The Awesomeness that is Jung Ma

hulcalan

I'm curious as to why you guys are having this discussion on the jung ma forums lol. None of us really give a crap about pot5 or bastion to me they are pvp servers with a lot of people. They have there ranked scene , we have our ranked scene that's that.

Actually, pot5 is higher quality competition than Bastion and Quality Over Quantity is my belief as well. You were never on pot5 so your just saying whatever you see in the forums about the news that Casual Went to Bastion to fight some Bastion teams. and Right Away saying Casual is the best team on pot5, thats ought to bring drama don't you think? You don't know what your talking about dude, all you know is that Casual went to Bastion to fight some of Bastion's teams. Its foolish to say some guild is the best team on the server when you aren't even on pot5 yourself.

Idc whos the best team, its better to have a bunch of teams pinned against each other, that know how to play and the match ends up being close in the end, that way its hard to choose which team is the best. I can't tell which team is better than the other because there are lots of good pot5 teams, I don't see a gap. Bastion is a good server, just not as good as pot5.

Wait wait wait. You said you wouldn't pay to go to the same server, implying Jung Ma and Bastion were similar. Have you played on Bastion or not?

@Rivv: It was something Taelord said, and I like drama.

Edited by Aetrus

I really don't care but I hope this thread doesn't turn into just another verbal battle thread. Keep bumping though guys! Keep posting videos and what not too if you can. Once I am able to I'm gonna take over permissions to start editing the thread and keep it updated more often. Or just copy/paste everything and remake it in another thread. I would appreciate feedback on what has been posted so far as well. I can't comment from personal experience on how much better or worse the PvP scene on the other servers is, but I can say after a week of being on POT5 with a buddy of mine (just after 2.0 came out), I never ran into anyone special. That was just regular WZ though. I then came back to Jung Ma because I was homesick :(

but in general the pvp only servers have better pvpers there.

You know that is not true. I saw your Marauder again in WZ last night. You spent cartel coins to go to PoT5, stayed there for a few weeks, then spent more cartel coins just to come back to Jung Ma. Since you are a PvP guy, you know that Jung Ma has better PvP, otherwise you wouldn't waste so much cartel coins to come back.

We got the best PvP here and we are awesome. Anyone who went to other PvP servers and came back can testify that.

You know that is not true. I saw your Marauder again in WZ last night. You spent cartel coins to go to PoT5, stayed there for a few weeks, then spent more cartel coins just to come back to Jung Ma. Since you are a PvP guy, you know that Jung Ma has better PvP, otherwise you wouldn't waste so much cartel coins to come back.

We got the best PvP here and we are awesome. Anyone who went to other PvP servers and came back can testify that.

Not even close actually. The only reason I came back is because my friends started playing again and they were playing here on their imperial characters. The main reason I left on any of the characters that I did was to play with friends. When they stopped playing I only ever solo queued and that gets old pretty quick (not to say I don't solo queue, but solo queuing 24 / 7 gets rather boring). When my friends came back and were on this server, I joined them.

As I stated before, the pvpers on the pvp only servers are, in general, better. Yes their are some exceptions both ways but from what I have seen and experienced on both Bastion and Pot5, they are better in general. One example is I was playing in the 30-54 bracket on the bastion as a commando healer. I had a tank guardian on my team who guarded me the entire match, and on the other team, I had a carnage marauder and a sniper (don't remember his spec) focusing me down the entire game. On Jung Ma, I have played as a merc healer and had 3 tanks in my warzone. None of them put guard on me once even after I asked for it multiple times (2 of the tanks didn't even have any protection). Also in multiple warzones on my merc, I have been allowed to free cast.

As you can see from this, People do more to guard their healers, and focus down then enemy healers on the other servers. This alone does not make the other servers better, but it is one example of how they did certain things better. Over here I find people death matching more and doing more stupid things in warzones than the other servers.

Before anyone thinks I'm trying to put this server down, I'm not. I believe I stated this before but I'll say it again. We are a good pvp server. We have some good players and we have some not so good players. We have some good guilds and we have some not so good guilds. Compared to a lot of the non pvp servers, we are much better from what I have heard. Compared to the pvp servers, we are not as good. This is totally my opinion so agree or disagree as you like, but this is what I have seen.

So base on your experience, which server is better at PvP? Bastion or Pot5?

I played on Bastion more so I'm probably a little biased, but I thought they were better. They seemed to have a better ranked scene (even though 3 teams dominated it for the most part). But most matches there were always very intense and rather even. On Pot5 it was typically one sided and you could tell who was going to win from the start. I can't speak much for Pot5's ranked scene seeing as I didn't get to do any ranked there but after the announcement that ranked 8v8 will be going away I think ranked has died down a lot on both servers.

I played on Bastion more so I'm probably a little biased, but I thought they were better. They seemed to have a better ranked scene (even though 3 teams dominated it for the most part). But most matches there were always very intense and rather even. On Pot5 it was typically one sided and you could tell who was going to win from the start. I can't speak much for Pot5's ranked scene seeing as I didn't get to do any ranked there but after the announcement that ranked 8v8 will be going away I think ranked has died down a lot on both servers.

^ What Tae said.

People came back for 3 things.

A) The announcement of the removal of 8v8.

B) Jung Ma admittedly having a better community among its peers

3) To grind Ranked ELO with friends

PvP will and always has been better on Pot5/Bastion, only because of a higher population which result in faster Q pops. Skill-wise I would say every server has potentially beast players.

I'd say we're a bit off topic now, aren't we? It's also apparent that this thread is also dead given the OP decided to go MIA for another game.

Damn Final Fantasy 14! Half of my guild went inactive because of that game!

I think FF14 has potential to come out ahead of its competitors. It implemented a lot of the facebook games elements that girls love, like farming, house building, decorating... etc. with good graphics and systems too. That is a whole new demographic of audience that no other MMO has tapped into before. My wife got interested in FF14 because of these elements, which may eventually drag me into it too...

That space PvP better come out soon, or SWTOR is going to quickly lose ground.

Edited by Ashuranrx

I doubt that TOR will lose ground to that MMO. A game where their toon's heads look abnormally small and animu...gah. The models just never improve. Anyways, like any MMO that isn't WoW - it'll have it's hay day, people will get bored and then filter back into whatever they want to do.

It's new. It's shiney. It'll get old - just like Rift (farming, housing, same quality of graphics that FF has despite being much older), GW2 (which is getting housing as well), SWTOR, Tera (Do people still play this?), somethingsomethingsomething darkside.

Edited by Luniara

Damn Final Fantasy 14! Half of my guild went inactive because of that game!

I think FF14 has potential to come out ahead of its competitors. It implemented a lot of the facebook games elements that girls love, like farming, house building, decorating... etc. with good graphics and systems too. That is a whole new demographic of audience that no other MMO has tapped into before. My wife got interested in FF14 because of these elements, which may eventually drag me into it too...

That space PvP better come out soon, or SWTOR is going to quickly lose ground.

as much as i loved this game, it was sad to move on. I played FFXI for 7 years so I figured I'd give ARR a try AGAIN. It's awesome from pve aspect. PvP releases next patch. It's suppose to be just like SWTOR. If it's not as good I will probably be back to roam wzs in SWTOR again ^_^

But it definitely is a much better game (stable/beautiful/better customer service) but to each their own ^_^