Athiss: End Boss, Prophet of Vodal

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just did this encounter, very straight forward fight. I am a counsular level 17 did heals and we had a 24 tank and 17 dps, that was it. died the first time before realizing that i could shield the afflicted and that would help a lot. got him the 2nd time, force was definately a bit tight for me but we made it =]

Healing through Crushing Affliction damage is not difficult if you react quickly. Most (all?) healers don't have a cleanse at that point, so either the cast has to be interrupted or you just have to suck it up and heal/mitigate all the damage. Again, though, that is very doable if you are on top of things.

The boss hits like a newborn kitten otherwise, and the fire kiting stage is an opportunity to regenerate energy/Force.

Okay this guy is seriously botched and I mean "seriously". While his HP is fine his damage output is just utterly rediculas.

We had a pretty nice group, Sith Juggernaut, Maurader (thats me), Mercinary and Sorceror for healing.

Now no matter how many times we did this (I was the lowest level at 19 with the highest at 22, we were all in that range) we could "not" down this guy.

Why?

A nasty effect called Crushing Affliction.

There was a clear cut tick from this that took an entire chunk of HP from me every time. And I mean "every" time, it entirley picked on me and happened 'way' to freequently for our healer to keep up.

This boss "needs" damage nerfing. The HP is fine, but the damage? Thats not even remotley fair.

It can kill you in 3 ticks of Crushing Affliction and if you dont have a botched healer, your screwed.

No offence OP, but its a very easy fight all you need is a healer that knows what to do.

i duo't it with a guildie, useing companions ^^

just aviod the fire and interupt the casting he does. ( or heal over it )

I tanked this as a level 19 jugg today. granted the ending is a little weird. the 4 flames then he stuns me right in them. It wasn't to memorable.

This is the only hard part of the fight that might cause a death. Was a shadow tank and during the last 25% phase the fire would always target me and he'd stun me so I couldn't kite. Other than that the fight is fine.

I tanked him the other night, and while we wiped a few times figuring out the fight, we ended up killing him pretty effectively by the 4th time through.

23 Guardian Tank

20 Commando Healer

20 Gunslinger and 19 Shadow DPS

The only thing we were having problems with was when the plague would hit the same player a few times in a row before the Commando could top them off.

Fun thing we learned though. Leaving the room resets the fight, so if your healer or tank go down, just run out of the room and wait for them to get back to start again. Kept our repair costs down as we figured out what we were doing.

My 20 sage just couldn't keep up with the damage. Had nothing to do with overhealing. You need enough DPS or a interrupt, or this is very hard. Medpacs, etc. didn't matter. We were all around 20. No one died outright from the blast of crushing affliction, we only had him to 25% or so, and would die.. just no force to heal through that nasty attack.

I don't mind tough fights at all. But creating a debuff that can be cleansed.. and then putting it on a boss where no one unless over-leveled for the flashpoint HAS a cleanse seems a bit silly.

The rest of the place was great though. Perfectly balanced. We finished stuff like the beast low on health, but we all lived. One-shot everything, were many close fights (fighting 4 champions in a row was a blast), but that last bosses health attack is a bit unbalanced for the level intended for. You shouldn't -have- to wipe 15 times as someone said, to beat it. That means something is wrong.

"No offence OP, but its a very easy fight all you need is a healer that knows what to do."

That's just not true. I've healed in every MMO I've played, and have healed some of the nastiest raids out there. But at level 20, could not get this guy. If a group has at least one OP player, probably doable without a problem. The extra dps is a huge help. Or a higher level healer. But otherwise, painful.

Edited by Herdsnerfs

heh this guy is a pain for a low level group. have to admit.

we went in with 3 players. no real tank (used a lvl 20 assassin), a lvl 23 inq sorc for heals (but not healing tree - so roughly 800 heals every 3 seconds) and a lvl 24 sniper for dps. we got our butts handed to us and eventually bailed for the night.

then.. my sorc stayed there and played with the mob for a bit with her pet... then up and killed him solo.

no lie. the sorce was lvl 23. with the static field and heals - basic saber attacks and with dots.. it took some time but the boss fell. couldnt use much lightning due to force concerns but the fight was actually pretty simple to be solo'ed by a healer.

but damn if it wasnt fun.

He's hard. We were between 20-23

You need a decent healer and a decent tank. Some DPS are helpful. The adds are more annoying on the giant dinosaur boss before and healing is much harder there too since the healer has to avoid adds (or hopefully DPS takes care of them) while keeping sight of the tank.

Everyone really needs to carry medpacks, too. My party didn't have them. Needless to see I facerolled Deliverance and Force Shield while scrambling to avoid the fire.

Great, great battle. I think your levels might just be too low

The last guy isn't that bad.

I did it as a healer, lvl 23. Luckily my group had a patient tank that explained the mechanics.

This guy doesn't hit hard. His damage is mostly a dot and fireball adds.

Stay away from the fireballs, everyone just needs to move out of their path.

As a Sith Sorc, all I had to do was bubble the tank then watch for the dot on the dps players. You have to catch the dot before it does real damage but it can be healed through if you catch it in time.

We tried this flashpoint last night and were getting really frustrated with it. The flames that come out and wreck you never actually went away. they would disappear but then randomly with none on the screen one of the characters would suddenly drop from an invisible flame (same kind of damage, 200-300 2-3 time a second) while we were focused on the boss again.

if not for that we would have had him easily.

Okay this guy is seriously botched and I mean "seriously". While his HP is fine his damage output is just utterly rediculas.

We had a pretty nice group, Sith Juggernaut, Maurader (thats me), Mercinary and Sorceror for healing.

Now no matter how many times we did this (I was the lowest level at 19 with the highest at 22, we were all in that range) we could "not" down this guy.

Why?

A nasty effect called Crushing Affliction.

There was a clear cut tick from this that took an entire chunk of HP from me every time. And I mean "every" time, it entirley picked on me and happened 'way' to freequently for our healer to keep up.

This boss "needs" damage nerfing. The HP is fine, but the damage? Thats not even remotley fair.

It can kill you in 3 ticks of Crushing Affliction and if you dont have a botched healer, your screwed.

My group was able to fight him fine your tank just needs to keep him focused and when the fire balls come out avoid those at all cost those do the most damage. He doesn't need to be nerfed he just needs to be more carefully controlled. It also helps to always have a back up plan called Med Packs.

Huh?

Just healed this as a level 22 commando.

Group range was 20-22.

That DoT tick is pretty much the only thing you have to heal. It was taking people in my group who were the appropriate level for the instance from full to about 40% over the course of it (seem like about 5 seconds?). And its incredibly easy to see on them, and there is a good length of time between them being applied. Not sure how you can't heal them up during/after it happens.

Don't stand in the fire. Heal the DoT victim. Toss an occasional heal on the tank who is getting hit with a wet noodle. Loot dead boss.

we went back to this flashpoint again and were able to beat it. the problem of the flames continuing to damage players after disappearing still happened but we were able to get around it by having the first person afflicted with it run around the may for the duration of the fight to avoid the invisible flames.

I healed it at lvl 17, my boyfriend tanked it at lvl 18 with me. Our 2 dps were around 23.

We killed him after three wipes and it was our first time encountering this guy, ever.

Yes, he's pretty hard, but not so hard he needs a nerf or anything of the sort. Not even close.

Just try to get a good group and you got it. :) Most importantly, a good healer.

I thought he was well-balanced, and agree with others: Don't overheal (People don't need to be topped off, they just need to be not-dying).

I tried to save my Shield ability for whoever got hit with that DoT. I don't have any HoTs yet (Jedi Consular) so I was shielding for that part, and otherwise healing whomever might need it. Save your force pool for after the 2nd round of flames and beyond - for the first round, you should need very little healing.

I tended to shield the tank before he went in, and during the first round used my 2 dots and otherwise threw a light heal only if needed.

Run away from Fire!

In round 2 he starts that DoT of his - I would cast shield on whoever got hit, and hopefully someone was able to interrupt it. I spent my time shielding and healing, but it was manageable.

Run away from Fire!

Round 3, my force pool was a little taxed, but again, if someone is able to interrupt that DoT (his only real nasty ability) - between shielding, interrupts and judicious healing (again - they don't need to be 100% all the time) you should be good to go. My group did it on the 3rd try (we were 2 level 20s, a 21 and a 22) after learning mechanics on the fly. Only had to use Noble sacrifice (Health for Force points) once, I think.

Edited by Aimorai