madness rotation (i need to tweak)

YaiiE

Hey guys,

I need your help! I've recently started parsing and my #'s kind of suck. I'm going to link a 5 minute parse in hopes you can help!

2300-2400 is the best I can do... I know i'm doing something wrong! Just not quite sure what.

My Sorc's in full 72 and the stats are...

Bonus dmg 1526.9

Accuracy 110.48

Crit 22.51

Multiplier 65.56

http://www.torparse.com/a/369445/9/0/Damage+Dealt

Edited by YaiiE
other

Hey guys,

I need your help! I've recently started parsing and my #'s kind of suck. I'm going to link a 5 minute parse in hopes you can help!

2300-2400 is the best I can do... I know i'm doing something wrong! Just not quite sure what.

My Sorc's in full 72 and the stats are...

Bonus dmg 1526.9

Accuracy 110.48

Crit 22.51

Multiplier 65.56

http://www.torparse.com/a/369445/9/0/Damage+Dealt

Few things:

1) Don't cancel Force Lightning early.

2) Use Lightning Strike with a Wrath proc, you are not using it at all which is a dps loss. After using CD of course.

3) You missed out on the opportunity to use Death Field and Crushing Darkness at least 5 times. Use them off CD without cancelling Force Lightning.

Edited by Kindran

thank you for response! i'll give it another go tonight and pay closer attention... and add the lightning strike!

Would love to know how you got on because I have the same issue and 2500-2580 is what i hit without the mercs buff on the dummy, I put it down to GCD + Server lag. My rotation seems to be right but can't see how a 350dps loss is justified on maybe having things being out by a fraction.

Would love to know how you got on because I have the same issue and 2500-2580 is what i hit without the mercs buff on the dummy, I put it down to GCD + Server lag. My rotation seems to be right but can't see how a 350dps loss is justified on maybe having things being out by a fraction.

Because those fractions start to add up very quickly. It seems small because you are looking at it in a narrow view. When you take a look at the whole picture but every little bit counts unless you overgear the content by quite a bit. Think about a 5 minute fight for a second. Now if you are the only one doing less than optimal there is very little harm most of the time. However if your whole team is say 300 to 500 dps off that is a loss of a potential 1000-2000 (obviously rough math here because healer damage can't be reliably counted on) less dps. That can make a big difference especially when your healer or dps are starting to get behind on resource management and the encounter is getting closer to enrage timers etc.

Edited by Scovina

I'm a smooth 2600 in full 69s and 72 main/offhand.

My Build

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#201GZbcZsMfRsbkrfMR.3

Rotation:

(Recklaceness if you have it)

Death Field

Crushing Darkness (Skip if you don't have wrath proc yet)

Creaping Terror

Afliction

(Polarity Shift if you have it)

Force Lightning

(Lightning Strike if you get wrath on first Force Lightning only)

Force Lightning

Force Lightning

-Repeat

Force Lightning is 80% of damage, so never be afraid to default to it and let it channel.

2) Use Lightning Strike with a Wrath proc, you are not using it at all which is a dps loss. After using CD of course.

3) You missed out on the opportunity to use Death Field and Crushing Darkness at least 5 times.

For number 2, doesn't that cause you to eventually run out of Force? I tried full madness spec and had that problem. And for number 3, I definitely agree. Death Field should be used every time it's off CD to give Deathmark and because it also does lots of damage, and Crushing should be used with Wrath every time you can.

From what I've seen, you only get a chance to use lightning strike once in your rotation and thats IF you have a wrath proc on your first force lightning channel. So it's not too much of a drain.

Lightning strike has a 100% chance to give you the alacrity buff stack, so it helps to pay for itself. If you're not swapping targets or interrupting your channels you should be pretty good on energy. Polarity shift before 3 channels of force lightning will give you a nice boost to force also to get you back on track. I usually skip lightning strike if I have polarity shift going to maximize the energy returns and lower channel times. Worst case if you're still having energy issues, you can do another force lightning or two to get your force back on track.