Tank PvP gear.

Hockaday

Dude... either your server is horrible or you have no clue what you are talking about or youre just bad. I dont think anyone on these forums actually listen to a word you have to say.

Or I'm actually right and you're just a random person trying to look big on the forums by talking **** to another.

the irony in this statement is golden:rolleyes::rolleyes:

This is the

so take care in challenging him.

Aside from that though this is a pretty entertaining listen I would highly recommend it.

Edited by Avicii

Guis stahp this guy knows what he's talking about.

You're all wrong.

But I'm srs can't tell if srs.

I never said anyone was wrong about anything though, I'm simply telling my side of the story.

Defending with tanking gear is a valid choice, but you don't stand much of a chance when you have to go for the other.

There's ups and downs to it. And I don't think it's worth it.

That mister here feels the need to write 3 books full of stuff to try and convince me or anyone else here and then still has a perfect counter strategy against all that in a matter of 4 tiny paragraphs just shows that there are 2 sides to this story.

Edited by Evolixe

I never said anyone was wrong about anything though, I'm simply telling my side of the story.

Hmm....

Actually, good players will always go to your node alone. The enemy shadow will come to you to draw attention from the middle. And if the shadow is good, he's going to rape you even in tanking gear.

You must be really stupid not to notice someone leaving the middle even with permanent stealth.

Excuse me.. my language, but seriously this is basic stuff.

Edit: I'm levelling on your server btw, just to prove you wrong :p

This doesn't seem like someone who believes they are in the absolute right and everyone else is wrong. Definitely sounds like you're willing to listen to other people's opinions.

Edited by NamikazeNaruto

This doesn't seem like someone who believes they are in the absolute right and everyone else is wrong. Definitely sounds like you're willing to listen to other people's opinions.

Only the last one has something to say which you indicate it to say, and that one wasn't even aimed at you.

And not everything is what it seems.

Dude... either your server is horrible or you have no clue what you are talking about or youre just bad. I dont think anyone on these forums actually listen to a word you have to say.

Excusez moi buddy boy but our server is more then fine. And I know some of the teams on TOFN would deal a nice blow or two to those on POTF, Exilove is the forum ambassador.

So besides the meh set bonus, do tanks run tank PvP gear, or still dps gear like pre 2.0? Thanks.

I got to say, the last few pages of this topic are quite entertaining. As you may have already noticed, this is not an easy question to answer, many Assassins are finding success with multiple specs and gear sets. I personally have several sets. Which is what I would recommend to you.

If you are starting out in regs and using a Darkness build to help with some survivability then I would suggest getting your Stalker set first. This way you can still guard healers and have the utility that Darkness offers as well as some descent damage so you can help focus targets and maybe even win some 1v1's.

If you are on a ranked team then you really need to bring several sets with you as your role will change form wz to wz. What I do to minimize the amount of swapping is just change out 4 armor sets with my shield and the absorb relic. If we are guarding doors in Voidstar or I am running the ball, I run my tank pcs that are modded for stam and absorb. If we are attacking Voidstar or I am asked to go try to solo nodes, I run full dps gear. If I am solo guarding then I run all my tank pcs as well. I personally don't even try to kill when I am defending, I just stall stall stall.

I got to say, the last few pages of this topic are quite entertaining. As you may have already noticed, this is not an easy question to answer, many Assassins are finding success with multiple specs and gear sets. I personally have several sets. Which is what I would recommend to you.

If you are starting out in regs and using a Darkness build to help with some survivability then I would suggest getting your Stalker set first. This way you can still guard healers and have the utility that Darkness offers as well as some descent damage so you can help focus targets and maybe even win some 1v1's.

If you are on a ranked team then you really need to bring several sets with you as your role will change form wz to wz. What I do to minimize the amount of swapping is just change out 4 armor sets with my shield and the absorb relic. If we are guarding doors in Voidstar or I am running the ball, I run my tank pcs that are modded for stam and absorb. If we are attacking Voidstar or I am asked to go try to solo nodes, I run full dps gear. If I am solo guarding then I run all my tank pcs as well. I personally don't even try to kill when I am defending, I just stall stall stall.

Heh, yes the last few pages have been. Though, I know at least one of the posters doesn't run a tank sin (to my knowledge and their posts) which makes it even more entertaining.

All that being said, I've just about got all my tank pieces, just missing the gloves sabre and shield (not getting implants and ear unless the old data is wrong, which points to them being bad to buy...will find out soon!) and then I may start to get my dps gear, or I may min-max the tank set first. Partisan anyway. As I don't do ranked WZ, and probably won't at this point.

You take the same approach as I do when node guarding, stalling before killing. Generally I run with a healer, so I stick with them in the midst of battle. So the tank set has been nice. I find it a little sad that I've been out damaging DPS on a Sin tank in some of these pugs. Same as pre 2.0 Though, I know damage /= killing...just a bit shocking.

Uh, slightly off topic but still on topic...do Sins run mostly, if not all, power? Like sorc. I'd really like it if they did lol, I could just mail my set back and forth.

I don't understand what you're trying to say/ask here?

Are you referring to your tank dps gear when you say this below ?

Power is almost as good as mainstat, mod Power and Surge everywhere. I like to run with WP augments and full power/surge mods with only 1 crit/surge mod. Gets me right around 20% force crit which is where I like it.

Are you referring to your tank dps gear when you say this below ?

I'm referring to dps gear in general.. not sure what the rest means.

I don't use a shield when going semitank, it's so mediocre you might aswell not bother.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.