The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Original Trilogy Pack

I've just come up with an awesome idea, after playing the game for a while now I notice that there's nothing in the Cartel Market of anything that's from the Original Trilogy films but instead there's plenty of stuff from Knights of the Old Republic 1 & 2 so my idea is how about an Original Trilogy Pack that would include pieces of adaptive armor of famous pieces of clothing. Here's many that comes to mind;

• Darth Vader's Armored Suit
  • Boba Fett's Armored Suit
  • Princess Leia's White Gown
  • X-Wing Pilot Suit
  • Stormtrooper Armor
  • Lando Calrissian's Clothes
  • Few of Luke Skywalker's Outfits
  • Mini Death Star companion!!!

That's all I can think of that haven't been made yet for the game, would be brilliant if such a pack existed. :D

Edited by RocketeerRaccoon
Adding Death Star to the list.

Guess who's outfit I'd want. Yep. Old Ben's.

And I'm certain for the first five seconds of putting it on, you'd find it enjoyable.

And then the universe would collapse in upon itself.

HELLOOOOOO? REMEMBER? WIBBLY WOBBLY TIMEY WIMEY? END OF ALL HISTORY AS WE KNOW IT? DESTRUCTION OF TIMELINE?

Am I the only one who attended the Doctor's lecture on Paradoxes and Parakeet care?

And I'm certain for the first five seconds of putting it on, you'd find it enjoyable.

HELLOOOOOO? REMEMBER? WIBBLY WOBBLY TIMEY WIMEY? END OF ALL HISTORY AS WE KNOW IT? DESTRUCTION OF TIMELINE?

Am I the only one who attended the Doctor's lecture on Paradoxes and Parakeet care?

lol. :D

Some timeless items from the movies could actually work.

examples:

-Jedi robes as seen in the prequels.

-Black nondescript robes like Sidious wears.

-A sith outfit similar to Mauls.

-simple clothing and robes seen on various characters.

Overall I have to say that whoever designed the armor and clothes for this game did a poor job since most of it would look simply out of place in the movies, it doesnt seem to be from the same universe and not just a different timeline. Most of it at least, especially lategame gear.

I would like to see Luke's tunic/pants/belt combo from A New Hope on the Cartel Market, maybe labeled as the "Tatooine Moisture Farmer's Outfit" or something like that. It's really a timeless kind of clothing set, not something that would really be bound to any particular era.

I would like to see Luke's tunic/pants/belt combo from A New Hope on the Cartel Market, maybe labeled as the "Tatooine Moisture Farmer's Outfit" or something like that. It's really a timeless kind of clothing set, not something that would really be bound to any particular era.

I'd take that, and Jedi robes, and *maybe* Fett's armor (only because the ESB novel described his armor as those of the ancient Mandalorian warriors, and ancient would work here). That's it from the OT. There's already Vader and stormtrooper looking armor.

This is way before Luke and Vader. But still they could maybe put armor inspired by the looks from the Star Wars movies we love. Like Vaders armor is based of the old Krath war droids. And im sure Leia wasnt the 1st princess in a galaxy far far away to rock a white dress.

I think you're totally unfamiliar with Star Wars lore... :l If I understand correctly what you're trying to say through this weird post. :l

As long as items like Jedi suits without mantle are not called "Luke Skywalker's Tunic" or "Obi-Wan's Tunic" but "Relaxed Jedi Tunic", I'm fine.

But in the list, there's one exception I'm not fine with : Vader's Armor.

It is what I would call "timeless clothing/armoring".

I think you're totally unfamiliar with Star Wars lore... :l If I understand correctly what you're trying to say through this weird post. :l

No, you're clearly unfamiliar with temporal displacement paradoxes. You can't just takes personal belongings into the past. It's existence threatens the hold of the fabric of reality. Total quantum disruption. An object that did not exist prior to it's creation cannot occupy an era where it did not. Otherwise, it completely changes the timeline. Ben's robe is made of fibers that have not been discovered yet, so you would know about such fibers existing without ever discovering them in the first place at the appropriate time, thus changing the date they were discovered because now you would know about the fibers now instead of then, and change the entire course of history, and since time is a self correcting entity, it will try to correct the paradox itself, and when it fails to do that, the universe must be destroyed to prevent further disruptions to impact other universes, as the temporal disruption will continue to expand and erase every universe connected to it, which is to say every universe there ever is, was and will be because all universes are connected , until all of existence ceases to be.

*sips juicebox*

It's simple Quantum Infinitium Mechanics, man. It's on par with the question of two and two. How do you not know this?

This man just had an idea , and some of you trashed him like it was going to be the end of world . Go look at the rules for posting in this section . Most of you should be banned for posting for awhile .

I think its nice idea my self . Heck even add classic speeders from all the movies .

No, you're clearly unfamiliar with temporal displacement paradoxes. You can't just takes personal belongings into the past. It's existence threatens the hold of the fabric of reality. Total quantum disruption. An object that did not exist prior to it's creation cannot occupy an era where it did not. Otherwise, it completely changes the timeline. Ben's robe is made of fibers that have not been discovered yet, so you would know about such fibers existing without ever discovering them in the first place at the appropriate time, thus changing the date they were discovered because now you would know about the fibers now instead of then, and change the entire course of history, and since time is a self correcting entity, it will try to correct the paradox itself, and when it fails to do that, the universe must be destroyed to prevent further disruptions to impact other universes, as the temporal disruption will continue to expand and erase every universe connected to it, which is to say every universe there ever is, was and will be because all universes are connected , until all of existence ceases to be.

*sips juicebox*

It's simple Quantum Infinitium Mechanics, man. It's on par with the question of two and two. How do you not know this?

I just wanted a generic Jedi robe, like Ben's, not his particular belongings ;'(

Thought you're another of those fellas sayin' that this kind of robes wasn't around The Old Republic timeline but 3k years laterz.

Edited by Alec_Fortescue

I just wanted a generic Jedi robe, like Ben's, not his particular belongings ;'(

Thought you're another of those fellas sayin' that this kind of robes wasn't around The Old Republic timeline but 3k years laterz.

Oh no, the robe style is available during this period, albeit only to Tatooine Moist Farmers.

I'd say its just the stuff that are identified with people or factions that dont exist yet that shouldnt be around.

Like no storm trooper helmets for example. could be armor similar to it (I hate how heavily armored everything is and I want to see lighter armor like that) but not the helmet. Its clearly an icon of Palpatine's forces.

Darth Vader's armor is also such a thing thats too iconic and too strongly identified with a specific sith lord, while Palpatine, Maul and Dooku's outfits not so much. they wear rather generic outfits.

Personly I am not a fan of Malak's armor, Nihilus his mask and other such things since my characters are their own person and are not malak, revan, nihilus or such. Individual parts work, but usually the part strongly associated with them doesnt. Like malak's chestpiece. cant even be recolored either.

Ehhh. on one hand, the game already has 348732 people running around in Darth Malak's outfit so frankly, Darth Vader's armor wouldn't be anymore 'immersion breaking' than that. On the other hand, the whole game already has already incorporated so may (too many) Original Trilogy archetypes, visual references/rip-offs that having an actual OT outfits & items would just be silly. It already is in big part, especially visual, a remake of the movies with way too little originality.

not at all actually, the game looks more like a cartoon with so many over the top armor and weapons, cartoonish villains and simple storylines that get dragged on forever.

the visuals look very little like the style and feel of the movies, unlike KOTOR which nailed down that atmosphere very well considering the graphical limitations at the time.

I've just come up with an awesome idea, after playing the game for a while now I notice that there's nothing in the Cartel Market of anything that's from the Original Trilogy films but instead there's plenty of stuff from Knights of the Old Republic 1 & 2 so my idea is how about an Original Trilogy Pack that would include pieces of adaptive armor of famous pieces of clothing. Here's many that comes to mind;

• Darth Vader's Armored Suit
  • Boba Fett's Armored Suit
  • Princess Leia's White Gown
  • X-Wing Pilot Suit
  • Stormtrooper Armor
  • Lando Calrissian's Clothes
  • Few of Luke Skywalker's Outfits
  • Mini Death Star companion!!!

That's all I can think of that haven't been made yet for the game, would be brilliant if such a pack existed. :D

Unfortunately, all those take place after the game in the timeline, so take no offense when i say this but i really hope they don't add those.