The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

[Rep] State of the Guardian Address

Andrew_Past

Fixing the MS proc is a start but I don't think that is the end all be all of our woes.

Just for grins and giggles tonight, I respec'ed to Focus, and good lord, I now know how gimpy Vig really is in pvp. I think one of the big things is that Plasma Brand SUCKS. Vig spec is built around plasma brand and DoTs. Our DoTs can easily be endured through, simply because they don't hit hard enough for the lack of upfront damage. Even with all 3 DoTs ticking, it is negligible, even when it crits. Master Strike is our main source of damage, but our top tier skill doesn't do a damn thing to Master Strike except maybe reset it, and that's if the RNG gods look down upon you favorably.

Yeah, Vig is a little more survivable than Focus, but not by enough to make a difference. When you start a bunch of MS channels, people now know exactly what you are and how to shut you down. Simply move away or cc/interrupt. That's it. All they have to do is move or pop a cc cooldown when they see the MS channel and they've shut down your only way to deal them real harm. There is no real way to shut down Focus smash, just to mitigate how bad it hurts and how many times he gets to do it (ie don't stand in groups, control or focus fire a known smasher, run away from the smasher before he hits you with his damage buff proc, etc.).

Edited by JefferyClark

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We don't know if more aren't on the way. Also 2.5 is around Dec so, it probably doesn't do us any good to discuss what to ask now. And the RNG thing we can ask, but it was already asked by the juggs. Asking again will just get us the same response.

Srsly I don't want to believe that announced 2.5 changes is all they've got for us and other classes. "Balance patch" which 2.5 was meant to be seriously would need more to live up to its name. Not expecting miracles but a bit more than one change or two changes...

Btw I *heard* of a buff that's meant to apply along with enraged defense which will make jugs immune to movement impairing effects, similarly to ho. I haven't seen it in any form, though.

Edited by Alec_Fortescue

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Speaking purely from a prettiness/thematic point of view, I wish Defence was way more common than Shield. I don't recall Luke or Obi-Wan or... well, anyone shrugging off blaster bolts.

Protecting themselves with their laser sword should be the main source of protection.