What kind of companions/companion story arcs would you like added?

SukaShen

SWTOR has added two new companion characters since launch, HK-51 and the upcoming Ewok, so I'm just curious, what kind of companions and companion story arcs would people like to see added to the game in the future?

Feel free to be as specific or general as you'd like.

What race would you like to see as a companion?

What class/combat style would you like to see?

Would you like to see romanceable companions?

Would you like story driven companions?

Faction or class specific companions?

The sky is the limit!

Edited by SukaShen

Companion: Pilgrim/Heretic

Species: Voss

Combat Style/Class: Ranged, Force Wielder

Romanceable: Optional

Personality/Background: Not all Voss are content to sit back and let the mystics decide the fate of their race. This former Voss Mystic, now Heretical Pilgrim, has set out to explore the galaxy and learn more about the true natures of the Republic and the Empire. As a species, the Voss can be a hard nut to crack, this Voss is no exception. This Voss companion occupies a morally gray space, preferring pragmatic choices where the ends justify the means. She/he is opposed to gratuitous acts of violence as well as acts of compassion that complicate or threaten a toon's ultimate goals. This Voss would be more than willing to sacrifice civilians to advance the war effort, but would also consider torturing someone for no reason a waste of time. This Voss is often frustrated by the rest of the galaxy's inability to follow the Mystic's pragmatic/Machiavellian logic, but is curious to experience the galaxy at large. The Voss can come across as condescending and holier than thou at first, but will eventually warm up to your toon if you are willing to make the effort.

I personally would like them continue the stories with the current companions after you have finished your class story line. For example with my J knight character i married Kira but after finishing story you cant have any conversations or personal moments with them

I personally would like them continue the stories with the current companions after you have finished your class story line. For example with my J knight character i married Kira but after finishing story you cant have any conversations or personal moments with them

I agree. It actually might be worthwhile for them to release a small expansion that opens up new lvl50+ companion quests.

I'd personally like to see a companion that is at the very least affected by dialogue choices - they don't necessarily have to talk during mission conversations (though it would be nice), but at the very least approve/disapprove of what you are doing.

My biggest issue with the current ones is that they feel like mindless drones, and I either have to swap them out whenever I want to talk to an NPC or deal with the knowledge that I'm throwing away tons of affection - which causes my efficiency minded OCD to kick in.

A romanceable one would be very nice, but I have my doubts about it happening anytime soon - if ever at all.

They would have to integrate it with all the current ones and force some kind of choice between which companion you want to be with.

Like the Sith Warrior has to do if he tries to romance both Vette and Jaesa.

The romance would also probably wind up to be very generic, as I don't see them integrating the class story of 8 classes into it.

Expanding the current romances/companion stories, like the poster above me said, would be very awesome indeed.

Characters introduced on Makeb: Lord Cytharat (Imp-side) and Doctor Avesta (Pub-side), as companions.

Sure, there's a dark side option to leave Cytharat to die on Makeb, but that doesn't mean he DID die. The Force could have protected him. In space opera, if you don't have a body, you can't assume they're dead.

I'd also love to see further conversations with existing companions, absolutely.

Characters introduced on Makeb: Lord Cytharat (Imp-side) and Doctor Avesta (Pub-side), as companions.

Sure, there's a dark side option to leave Cytharat to die on Makeb, but that doesn't mean he DID die. The Force could have protected him. In space opera, if you don't have a body, you can't assume they're dead.

I'd also love to see further conversations with existing companions, absolutely.

I'd very much like to see this as well.

Would love to see a Voss companion added to the game. But think it should be for force user only and that you should be able to turn them to either the light or dark side based off choices you make. I think the non force user should get a Gormak companion.

Throw a few others out there. Would like a grey jedi they would be there to try and make you think about ur choices and try to make you see there is no point in being pure light or dark. Would be for all class as I would like a force user on the non force classes also.

One of yoda's race. Don't ever see it happening but would love to have one of his race for a companion.

A Tchuukthai would also be cool i think. But again never see it happen.

I could come up with more as companions are my favorite part of the game. But figure that is enough for now.

I would like to see a companion we can create at a cloning facility,they could be any playable race and either gender, just need to follow a quest and get the genetic material to create them,unlike HK i think keeping the quests low level and being able to solo the entire quest line would make it sell well,making HK require a group for the last couple of quests makes it a problem for some players who prefer to play solo and just chat with others.

Romance,Yes could be used to fulfill a large numbers of players wish for samesex relationships.

I like the idea of having class or faction specific a companions. That is one of the problems I am having with Treek. I think she'd compliment a bounty hunter perfectly, but a sith lord would just as soon turn her into an Ewok skin rug.

I also agree that companions are a good way to add same-sex romance for those who have been asking for it since launch.

I want a male jedi companion, theres not a single one in the game. Every single one of them is female. heck even the sith get jedi girl companions to romance. why are all jedi women romanceable and arent any of them actually taking their commitment to the order seriously?

Especially jedi knights seem to be getting the worst selection of companions. Kira is annoying and should never have been knighted (my character was vocal about her misbehaviour yet every time the council ignores that.) T7 hardly counts as a companion, Doc cant be more bland and generic, Rusk is somewhat alright but also lacks depth, and scourge was just a huge disappointment. Should have given us a male jedi guardian instead. A sith lord makes no sense to carry around the galaxy, perhaps for that poorly written story, but I tend to look beyond just that.

I love the story driven companions and the romanceable companions. The female trooper needs a better love interest than Aric Jorgan!! And wish I wouldn't have picked Malavai Quinn for Warrior love interest after he tried killing me!