The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Switch Tracer and Fusion Missile's animations.

escalantevincent

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please don't change the animation for Tracer Missile. I'm one of the Mercs who actually like it the way it is. I'm sorry I missed the recent poll on the subject, but I was too busy enjoying the game to come onto the forums to whinge.

The animation makes perfect sense. The BH has to bend over to line up the trajectory of the missile with the target, bracing him/herself for the blast. If you think it looks like anything else you should grow up. Any casted missile should be fired from the back, while instants should be fired from the wrist. If it's casted, it's going to have recoil, and unless the BH wants to sustain compound fractures in his/her arms, that recoil should be more properly absorbed by the legs. Not to mention that a back mounted missile launcher would be far more intimidating for the BH then a piddly little wrist gauntlet.

And quite frankly, I'm sick and tired of this attitude current generation MMO players have that if they whinge on the forums long enough they can have the game changed however they want. Seriously, who do you people think you are? This isn't a balance change or a mechanics change. This is an entirely opinionated cosmetic change suggested by a handful of forum goers that will effect every single Merc player in the game. And some of those Mercs (like myself) actually like the animation, but aren't going to post about it on the forums because they're too busy enjoying the game. And the people out there who don't like the animation, will either tolerate it or reroll, instead of having the conceited belief they can get the developers to change whatever they want if the complain about it enough.

missiles, by definition, do not produce recoil.

Now if you mean I have to bend over so I dont get my *** burned during the initial thrust then I agree.

But following your reasoning fusion missile and missile blast should also be on our back.

In the movies the missiles were thrown from the jetpack of the BH's so IDK

But I do sign yes for this

Edited by Wisz_Rethon

I like my "Crouching Tiger, Hidden Missile" animation but I would agree that it would be better if Fusion and Tracer were changed. Ever better would be if they gave Tracer missile like the Sweeping Blaster motion Animation with with a Fusion Missile Activation animation in both arms that zeroes in on the target. As in the Arms move like Sweeping Blaster and in the forearms are the missile getting ready to fire like Fusion Missile.

Yeah It would be nice if they switched em or at least made Tracer Missile a gun attack of some sort that would be nice. I mean Mercs do look a bit goofy lol. As much as I love my mercenary I think they use a tiny bit too many missiles that's why I think some kind of shot from the dual blasters instead of a missle would look better for tracers especially as they're somewhat advertised as a dual wielding class. Edited by Dasmordo

why cant you guys just ask for a new animation? why do you have to take my fusion missile animation..

seriously, I don't want tracers animation for my fusion missile. It would be much more fair to both parties if you got an entirely new animation

Same here. I use fusion missile a lot since I'm Pyrotech. I told them to ask for a new animation instead, before even launch, and they called me a troll.

Edited by -Fenix

if you look at the animation, it looks like they simply swapped them by accident...

Fusion missile has a laser targeting that fits more the idea of TRACER missle. While tracer missile has a big heat back launch that fits more the idea of FUSION missile...

I think they just accidentely swapped them and are not aware of this..

I do like the tracer missile animation, but it is clearly too big an explosion compared to the actual AOE missiles. I'm actually inclined to suggest tracer missile just become "tracer rounds" and just add the debuff and ability interaction to power shot. I just feel like missies are too big a part of our output, i mean where do we keep them all? It's kind of immersion breaking.

finally got my BH up to level 25, and now I understand the complaint. Changing the graphics would be the best. Maybe not switch them (which would be easier) but at least change them to something different... The bend over look is annoying. That way both effects would look cool.

The only problem with swapping the fusion missile for tracer is the fusion is instant and tracer isn't.

but I am on the bandwagon for a change. Looking at yourself performing tracer missile spam is pretty hideous.

Fusion isnt instant cast

Too bad Grav Roud looks silly too. A little slip of blue coming out of a massive cannon as your main attack? One of the many style reasons I chose Bounty Hunter.

Switching the animations makes a ton of sense if you look at it from an equipment point of view.

1) You are using a missile that is supposed to help you target. Lasers and targetting sights for the Fusion missile to the Tracer missile make perfect sense, as it is assisting your aiming.

2) Missiles in your wrist slot are smaller and more numerous, versus big ones in your jetpack. Thus the longer cooldown missile should be in the jetpack, and the no cooldown one should be in the wrist launcher.

3) The end animation for Tracer Missile (the big explosion) makes more sense tied to an aoe effect (Fusion Missile) as it affects multiple enemies and the animation would show that, where as now it just shows a small explosion.

4) Multiple launchings of Tracer Missile would work great with the current animation of Fusion Missile, as the laser targeting would stay up and it would appear as if you are just launching missile after missile. Where as with the current animation you do a minor stand up before starting the cast of the next missile. I would say that the animation wouldn't be so bad if it didnt have this minor up/down move. If he took an knee and it looked like he was launching mortars out of his back it would be more immersive and less grating.

It is a win win for both attacks as they both get animated more along the lines of the type of attack they are. Spammy single target attack? Tracer Missile launched from the Wrist makes perfect sense. More powerful AOE attack that is on a cooldown? Fusion Missile from the jetpack would look great for that, as the only problem most people have with the animation is it looks horrible when spammed. When you only cast it once it looks great, like all of the BH animations do.

Hopefully Bioware reads this thread and realizes this is an important point as Tracer Missile is the most important attack for an Arsenal Merc.

Completely and excellently explained.

HOWEVER. I can't have a laZerbEam pointing me out all the time in PVP. That would be a disaster.

Either way, I rerolled as a lightsaber. I was tired of looking like i was about to take it up the tailpipe, or about to take a crap. Screw that.

Edited by noeatnosleep