The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Switch Tracer and Fusion Missile's animations.

escalantevincent

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:csw_fett:YES PLEASE!:csw_fett:

Or make an entirely new animation where a mini rocket launcher appears at the shoulder...

Yes, this would be perfect in my opinion. Other than that, for easy implementation, I would like the Fusion missile, animation without the laser. I'm not too worried it will point me out as much as I wouldn't like there'd laser flashing on and off constantly. Also, I think a neat tweak would be to switch which wrist the rocket launches from. I think it would help breakup the "spammy" nature of the ability, as well as it would physically make more sense that something would fire 3 rockets from each side than 6 from one side.

i also think it would look great as just a wrist-fired rocket. either way it looks way too silly being hunched over in that awkward animation over and over ... a spammy ability like that should have a much much better and smoother animation

I don't want it switched for Fusion Missile. I want it eradicated from the game and all evidence that the animation existed taken out. God I hate that animation so much. But if switching with Fusion is what it's going to take, I'll settle for that, I just don't ever want to see the Tracer Missile animation again.

I dont really mind the current tracer missile animation, its not like tracer missile is the ONLY skill we use (unload, heatseekers, rail shot).

Honestly i think it would look worse if it was swapped with fusion missile

I have to agree with you here. I personally like the animation and if it switched, I might have to start spamming fusion missile ;)

Yes, this would be perfect in my opinion. Other than that, for easy implementation, I would like the Fusion missile, animation without the laser. I'm not too worried it will point me out as much as I wouldn't like there'd laser flashing on and off constantly. Also, I think a neat tweak would be to switch which wrist the rocket launches from. I think it would help breakup the "spammy" nature of the ability, as well as it would physically make more sense that something would fire 3 rockets from each side than 6 from one side.

kinda like this idea, would fit the fact you shot missiles from both wrist when using death from above. Anyway, was just checking if there was any official news on the matter. :( last i know they ''noted'' it :(

I totally agree. Shoulder fire would be ideal long term solution. But for the love of all that is good, please replace it with an existing wrist animation as soon as humanly possible. I'm tired of looking like a robot trying to pinch a loaf.

Ok here's a constructive criticism of the animation: it sucks. Making a video game animation is the same thing as drawing a page in a comic book- you want it to be dynamic, and powerful. Whoever decided that a the main ability of a class should be bending over.....

The missiles should come over the shoulder. I know you wont change the animation EA will never fork over money to do it.

Please don't change the animation for Tracer Missile. I'm one of the Mercs who actually like it the way it is. I'm sorry I missed the recent poll on the subject, but I was too busy enjoying the game to come onto the forums to whinge.

The animation makes perfect sense. The BH has to bend over to line up the trajectory of the missile with the target, bracing him/herself for the blast. If you think it looks like anything else you should grow up. Any casted missile should be fired from the back, while instants should be fired from the wrist. If it's casted, it's going to have recoil, and unless the BH wants to sustain compound fractures in his/her arms, that recoil should be more properly absorbed by the legs. Not to mention that a back mounted missile launcher would be far more intimidating for the BH then a piddly little wrist gauntlet.

And quite frankly, I'm sick and tired of this attitude current generation MMO players have that if they whinge on the forums long enough they can have the game changed however they want. Seriously, who do you people think you are? This isn't a balance change or a mechanics change. This is an entirely opinionated cosmetic change suggested by a handful of forum goers that will effect every single Merc player in the game. And some of those Mercs (like myself) actually like the animation, but aren't going to post about it on the forums because they're too busy enjoying the game. And the people out there who don't like the animation, will either tolerate it or reroll, instead of having the conceited belief they can get the developers to change whatever they want if the complain about it enough.

If you ask me they shouldn't have used missiles for any of our attacks, it looks kind of stupid when we bend over and spam 50 rockets out of our jet pack. I would have preferred trickshot animations with the blasters or something. I rolled a mercenary because of the dual wield pistols; not to be a Javelin launcher that walks on two legs. Edited by Rimbaldo

Yeah I agree. Perhaps the coder working on the animations accidentally put the animations on the wrong moves though too... It DOES look very very silly when you use it non stop.. I usually giggle the whole time because it looks like my guy is grunting or spaz-flexing lol