The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Switch Tracer and Fusion Missile's animations.

escalantevincent

Anyone playing an Arsenal spec Merc can agree that the animation for Tracer Missile blows. It's not that the animation itself is bad, but...we spam the heck out of Tracer so our BH is constantly bent over, which looks stupid. I think the easiest fix, so Bioware does not have to make a new animation or anything like that, is to simply switch the casting animations of Tracer and Fusion missile. I think the animation for Fusion makes much more sense for Tracer, and vice versa. Edited by Aurrelio

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I, for one, complained about the animation because it looked dumb to spam it. However, as soon as I got the move, I completely fell in love with it. Since you only use it at the beginning and when the debuff is going to wear off, you're not constantly spamming it

I, for one, complained about the animation because it looked dumb to spam it. However, as soon as I got the move, I completely fell in love with it. Since you only use it at the beginning and when the debuff is going to wear off, you're not constantly spamming it

Well, you do it 3 times to get the debuff up, and then you have to refresh it every 10 or so seconds, that is often enough to me. And in pvp you spam the hell out of it. The animation gets REALLY annoying in pvp.

Well, you do it 3 times to get the debuff up, and then you have to refresh it every 10 or so seconds, that is often enough to me. And in pvp you spam the hell out of it. The animation gets REALLY annoying in pvp.

I guess I just like the animation. I rarely use fusion missile so I'd hate to see the animation go

/signed

I'm all for the change. When chain casting Tracer you look silly. I know it is a stupid complaint but it also doesn't make much sense to be doing that. Fusion missile is a more powerful missile, makes sense to be stored in the backpack and the more common Tracer missile in the gauntlet.

Once talented you will be spamming it a lot more. It helps with Unload and, unlike power shot, can vent heat with Terminal Velocity (-8 heat when you crit). You will never want to stop spamming it.

Basic I'm Lazy So I Won't Make This Fully Detailed.. Rotation:

Tracer Missile

Tracer Missile

Tracer Missile

-(You now have 5 stacks of heat signature[increases Heatseeker Missle damage])-

Heatseeker Missile

Tracer Missile

Tracer Missile

-(You now have 5 stacks of tracer lock[increases Rail Shot damage])-

Rail Shot

Use Unload when you get a Barrage proc (increased damage) or if you're high on heat (Unload Crits also lower heat[Terminal Velocity Talent]). Barrage procs when using Tracer Missile or Power Shot, but you will always want to use Tracer Missile instead due to the chance of dropping 8 heat.

TLDR: You will be bent over a lot.

Hey everyone,

A reminder that petition-type posts are not encouged, as stated in our Rules of Conduct

• Petition posts are frowned on. If you have an issue with the game, please discuss it in a civil and informed fashion.

If you're going to post in this, or any topic, please be sure that you are adding to the discussion or posting something constructive [e.g. your posts should contain more than "/signed" or "/agree."]

Thank you!

Hey everyone,

A reminder that petition-type posts are not encouged, as stated in our Rules of Conduct

• Petition posts are frowned on. If you have an issue with the game, please discuss it in a civil and informed fashion.

If you're going to post in this, or any topic, please be sure that you are adding to the discussion or posting something constructive [e.g. your posts should contain more than "/signed" or "/agree."]

Thank you!

being discouraged doesn't make it against the rules right ? like jedi using saberstaves (discouraged, but they can still use for what lore i know)? in any case, it's pretty hard to be voiced if only one person post one thing out of all the spec and primary stats questions (/facepalm to those imo). Whereas a petition or a post like this can actually bring attention of the staff (i will take you as an example). And I didnt see much uncivillized post so far? maybe i missed a few ones ?

Last we heard it was noted. As for me, I understand there is more important matters for the time being, but i would like to hear a bit more about this. I still think the switch between fusion missile and tracer missile is the best solution.

and I am making sure noone misunderstand the concept of discouragement and asked if there was any news yet. :( I'm not flaming the dev or anything. just making a point. which is actually what he asked us to do :D Edited by NovaTera

The problem with using Fusion is a big "I'm RIGHT here!" sign you carry in PVP. It creates a laser that points the enemy directly to where you are at in the middle of a firefight, while the current one at least is much less apparent where it's coming from. Note, one on one it doesn't matter as it's obvious where you're at. I'm talking about big firefights.

I do love the sound effect it currently has. How about you just stay in your normal stance, you see the pre-fire, it launches a projectile up into the air unignited, locks on to the target, and then flies towards the target? It would be like an anti-aircraft projectile.

Edited by RpTheHotrod

I think they both need work. The squatting dog animation of TM is kinda lame. The Fusion Missile animation is equally lame; it's just a arrow pointing you out.

TM should be wrist fired and Fusion via the back. Take away the laser pointer and we have a winner.

The problem with using Fusion is a big "I'm RIGHT here!" sign you carry in PVP. It creates a laser that points the enemy directly to where you are at in the middle of a firefight, while the current one at least is much less apparent where it's coming from. Note, one on one it doesn't matter as it's obvious where you're at. I'm talking about big firefights.

I do love the sound effect it currently has. How about you just stay in your normal stance, you see the pre-fire, it launches a projectile up into the air unignited, locks on to the target, and then flies towards the target? It would be like an anti-aircraft projectile.

You're telling me, you can trace that laser back to a single BH in a mass melee in a warzone?

You must have eagle eyes, or you were already looking at the BH.

Not like its hard to miss the guy bending over and trying to touch his toes anyways.