Definitive Guide to the Top Teams

HaLeX

Ok so I've had a few beers(again) and I've decided based on what I've seen in the other thread to make my own ratings because I think I can rate teams better, even though I do not do ranked on POT5, I'm doing it on shadowlands in anticipation of destroying my arch nemesis ID, their no good I tell ya.(JD and CK are ok merkave meh, and aluvi and dismebrae are elitists)

Anyway, looking at that posters rankings, hes got it very wrong.

I am of the belief that there is a skill cap that has been reached in ranked. So if you get two great teams, its a draw youv'e seen this in AHG and VS, which are essentially draws and reward conservatism which is appalling in pvp.

I can't name a #1 but these teams seem to me to be the top. ID, LD50, Ubique, maybe Watchmen. Then you have the finesse teams like clutch and casual who beat you with finesse instead of derping. PKers, seem like the tough guy, old school pvpers which I can respect. I'm on the pub side and I'm looking at ld50 and S key and Taw as possible guilds to shoot for as far as joining them if I'm good enough. Keep in mind these are just my impressions as a noobie on POT5, but I like to make my impressions known and if it causes controversy then good. The ratings as they are on that other thread make zero sense to me. Feel free to bash and harass me because really I'm just having fun and I think anyone who does ranked at a high level on this server is worthy of some respect.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok so I've had a few beers(again) and I've decided based on what I've seen in the other thread to make my own ratings because I think I can rate teams better, even though I do not do ranked on POT5, I'm doing it on shadowlands in anticipation of destroying my arch nemesis ID, their no good I tell ya.(JD and CK are ok merkave meh, and aluvi and dismebrae are elitists)

Anyway, looking at that posters rankings, hes got it very wrong.

I am of the belief that there is a skill cap that has been reached in ranked. So if you get two great teams, its a draw youv'e seen this in AHG and VS, which are essentially draws and reward conservatism which is appalling in pvp.

I can't name a #1 but these teams seem to me to be the top. ID, LD50, Ubique, maybe Watchmen. Then you have the finesse teams like clutch and casual who beat you with finesse instead of derping. PKers, seem like the tough guy, old school pvpers which I can respect. I'm on the pub side and I'm looking at ld50 and S key and Taw as possible guilds to shoot for as far as joining them if I'm good enough. Keep in mind these are just my impressions as a noobie on POT5, but I like to make my impressions known and if it causes controversy then good. The ratings as they are on that other thread make zero sense to me. Feel free to bash and harass me because really I'm just having fun and I think anyone who does ranked at a high level on this server is worthy of some respect.

Stopped reading at the red part.

Casual's finesse would be actually fighting and winning by brute force. The top team imo should go to the team with a winning record against everyone and then 2nd place with the 2nd winning record then so on.

Casual's finesse would be actually fighting and winning by brute force. The top team imo should go to the team with a winning record against everyone and then 2nd place with the 2nd winning record then so on.

By Finesse, i don't mean to imply you can't kick butt. Judging from the SS I've seen, if I were playing you guys I would be very concerned about your cc's and timing during a HB and other matches. My personal opinion is that VS and AHG don't count. You have HB, then you have CW and NC. Really maybe even Novare and HB should be defining.

By Finesse, i don't mean to imply you can't kick butt. Judging from the SS I've seen, if I were playing you guys I would be very concerned about your cc's and timing during a HB and other matches. My personal opinion is that VS and AHG don't count. You have HB, then you have CW and NC. Really maybe even Novare and HB should be defining.

Our CC's are terrible. Huttball is least PvP map therefore the least fun. AHG CW and NC forces teams to do fights because of splits which is the funnest part. VS is a killing race because neither team is going to get cap because of the current TTK in the game.

Edited by robertx

Yay, you came here to make drunken threads! :D

For your information, Merk has left ID and is apparently being a guildless loser like me. Oh, and he's fun to talk to.

I also have good conversations with Openwide. He's a fun guy.

I hear Avenn is Canadian which would automatically make her cool. :cool:

Don't worry, if you are seen roaming around you'll get a good bashing. :p

Oh and when it comes to CW, I keep hearing that when two really good teams face each other it's the team that manages to cap a node first that wins. I've even heard of stale mates during NC. BW may need to tweak WZs a bit when it comes to rated.

Advanced warning: The mods definitely appear to be watching the PoT5 forums more so than the SL forums.:(

Ill reveal my identity. Im Snus, Currently attending a ranked meetin on shadowlands, but once were done dominating this place all you pot5 guilds are next on our hit list ;)

Bold claim considering every guild from every server said the same thing before coming here.

/thread

Well I never asked you to read it. just stating the obvious, the teams I mentioned are the best. Maybe I'm some loon, but those who know me know better. Its pretty clear the other thread is crap and my ratings are better. How do you put ld50 and watchmen and ubique that low when they are obviously top tier teams?

Well I never asked you to read it. just stating the obvious, the teams I mentioned are the best. Maybe I'm some loon, but those who know me know better. Its pretty clear the other thread is crap and my ratings are better. How do you put ld50 and watchmen and ubique that low when they are obviously top tier teams?

Well considering you don't do rank in PoT5 it's hard to give your thread or "rankings" credibility. No one is disputing they're good teams.

Honestly, all these rated threads are just popularity contests. The truth is many of the top 10 teams win and lose vs each other on a normal basis. There is no dominate team on this server because many of the top 10 guilds are good and this game is not that hard to play. So yes the skill level caps out rather quickly.

Answering your question.. yes there are many guilds that are listed way lower than what they should be. Again it all comes down to the bias of the person creating the list. Very little facts are poured into the argument which is why the list is so inaccurate.

I thought someone was making a website to track wins and losses.

There was and people decided it would be better to make bias rated list threads than post the actual game/record outcomes. Only guilds like LD50, ID and a few others took part in actually posting their wins/losses on a consistent basis.

I think some guilds are afraid to post their actual records tbh. :D

Edited by Utopii

i say if you dispute the rankings then call out the guilds you think you're better than

l2forumpvp

or join the pot5 fb group and do it there.

You mistake me for someone who cares about a "made up" rankings list.

Edited by Utopii

There was and people decided it would be better to make bias rated list threads than post the actual game/record outcomes. Only guilds like LD50, ID and a few others took part in actually posting their wins/losses on a consistent basis.

I think some guilds are afraid to post their actual records tbh. :D

Or people are being too lazy, busy with summer stuff, taking vacations, or taking a break until 2.4 hits.

I haven't exactly seen much of some people that transferred here.

i say if you dispute the rankings then call out the guilds you think you're better than

l2forumpvp

or join the pot5 fb group and do it there.

Excellently worded... So simple yet so genius.

I'm adding it to my original post on my thread that actually represents how teams are doing.

Honestly, all these rated threads are just popularity contests. The truth is many of the top 10 teams win and lose vs each other on a normal basis. There is no dominate team on this server because many of the top 10 guilds are good and this game is not that hard to play. So yes the skill level caps out rather quickly.

Answering your question.. yes there are many guilds that are listed way lower than what they should be. Again it all comes down to the bias of the person creating the list. Very little facts are poured into the argument which is why the list is so inaccurate.

just going by the win/lose records posted in the other threads, it looked like casuals and s key, but it's hard to say cuz only a few guilds seemed to post with any consistency, and those I listed aren't even amongst them, so it's just infrerring from others' reports.