The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Old PVP / PVE Armour

• 1 month later...

The old armor is often a badge of honor for the people that played during that time. If they bring it back as buyable in-game kind of makes it worth less. Now everyone can get.

The old pve/pvp gear was class specific gear. It adds uniqueness to whomever still owns that armor, but also maintains some level of differentiation between the classes. I would be really bummed to see a bunch of assassin's or bounty hunters running around in the IA Rakata gear.

If they were really adamant about adding it, I think they would really need to change the design up some so it's not an exact copy of the other armor.

Well, people can still get a hold of battle master gear and war hero gear due to people still being able to craft them. So, I'd say it would be better to have schematics for rakata gear drop in operations.

I really, really don't want to see a smuggler running around in agent rakata gear and vice versa.

The old armor is often a badge of honor for the people that played during that time. If they bring it back as buyable in-game kind of makes it worth less. Now everyone can get.

The old pve/pvp gear was class specific gear. It adds uniqueness to whomever still owns that armor, but also maintains some level of differentiation between the classes. I would be really bummed to see a bunch of assassin's or bounty hunters running around in the IA Rakata gear.

If they were really adamant about adding it, I think they would really need to change the design up some so it's not an exact copy of the other armor.

Orange custom shells for head, chest, gloves, pants and boots. Not like the precious look of it would matter as most people would just dye them anyways.

Well, people can still get a hold of battle master gear and war hero gear due to people still being able to craft them.

Which requires valour 60 / 70 to wear. So you still have to earn the right to wear it. Personally i'm against adding in the old sets, like someone said, it's a badge of honour.