Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Why am I grinding "PVP" gear?

FourPawnBenoni

My standard 2k damage attacks will all get 100 bonus damage vs you. All day long. Your standard 2k attacks will all get -100 damage, all day long. It doesn't seem like a big deal, but that's the equivalent of 500 power.

So the PvP has the equivalent of +500 power (against a PvE toon) and also has more HP. And more mitigation.

This ^^ Plus augment your +power with purple 28s? You're practically a freight train.....

Yeah, thats why I lol at all the new outfits Bioware puts out. As if I'm going to pay to re-augment a new set of gear on top of spending CC on it. They should all come augmented with MK-9 kits by default.

That makes no sense. Augmenting/Re-modding gear is part of BW keeps inflation down. If gear came pre-augged like that players wouldn't spend any credits.

That makes no sense. Augmenting/Re-modding gear is part of BW keeps inflation down. If gear came pre-augged like that players wouldn't spend any credits.

I'm not suggesting it come with the augments themselves, just the MK-9 kits. I did say re-augment above so I wanted to make sure I was clear now.

As it stands, all it's doing is keeping me from buying stuff off the cartel market. I'll never buy a new outfit off the market that I have to turn around and dump hundreds of thousands into just to make it function like my current one.

Perhaps someday when they pay us something worth a crap for warzones.

Edited by islander

I'm not suggesting it come with the augments themselves, just the MK-9 kits. I did say re-augment above so I wanted to make sure I was clear now.

As it stands, all it's doing is keeping me from buying stuff off the cartel market. I'll never buy a new outfit off the market that I have to turn around and dump hundreds of thousands into just to make it function like my current one.

Perhaps someday when they pay us something worth a crap for warzones.

That will never happen and it shouldn't. It's hard enough for crafters to make creds, by giving away free coins to subs that can be used to purchase gear with the best augment kits already applied would make it even harder. Not to mention some would argue pay to win; removing a large part of the cost of getting BiS gear.

Because its a faster way of getting a gear set that can stand up to any PVE set and then some without being better at PVE than any PVE set, make sense?

Set vs Set expertise does make too much difference partizan vs dragon or whatever it is, But if it was any less player would mix the 2 and become even more powerfull than a current full PVP set, still with me?

But if you want to PVP in WZs, Events, Duels and contested areas then you have no excuse not to be in a full set of PVP gear at all times.

So in summery you can switch out any PVP piece with PVE and geain more stats without gaining any advantage over players from those added stats as you loose expertise, of course its not exactly fair that if you lose too much expertise you get mulched by players so they have added bolster to fix that in WZs and event areas But as i said if you want to PVP anywhere else you wear PVP gear.

A complicated system but necessary. Personally I prefer the GW1 system that armour is entirely cosmetic and you can have whatever mods you like any time you want which would work great for this game and IMO bioware should just use that system and make the shells actually require valor as well as the WZ coms so they actually mean something easthetically and save us all a bunch of time and QQ but meh if it works in the long run i guess.

Edited by HexDecimalUK

That will never happen and it shouldn't. It's hard enough for crafters to make creds, by giving away free coins to subs that can be used to purchase gear with the best augment kits already applied would make it even harder. Not to mention some would argue pay to win; removing a large part of the cost of getting BiS gear.

Fair counterpoint, but like I said, the flip side is I won't be spending CC on these items.

In War Zones I can wear average PVE gear and get bolstered within 95% of conqueror

In Open World PVP events, I can wear average PVE gear and get bolstered within 95%

Is it truly just for the occassional fight in the daily areas? Seems like a whole lot of work for not much application.

When you run across someone during the gree event that has 2018 expertise you will have the answer to your question. You have to remember that regular warzones are full of people that have no clue what they are doing, that is why it seems like you don't need pvp gear. One match against a premade in min/maxed gear (AKA decent players) and you will see what I mean. Then again, you will probably just make up another excuse as to why you got pounded so bad.

Well i am feeling the same way.

I have a tankassin that use for pvp, he is all decked out in modded PvP gear

I have juggy i use for PvE, he is in 72 PvE gear and modded.

Ok, i thought...."hey i should get some pvp gear for my juggy", much to my surprise...he freaked rocked warzone after warzone......was he as good as my sin......maybe not, but then pretty close.....maybe i worked a little harder, but it was not that big of a deal.

I was able to use this pve guy to hold off one of the nodes in the hypergate warzone with just one other dude for the entrie time, was I killing people, not really.....was i dying....NOPE.

Which is fine for me, he is a tank afterall.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.