pot5 bastion team up power hour

OldSpiceSwag

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=665184

vote cashogy and NOT maniac davis. anyone who runs around stockstriking people with the combat tech set bonus, who things electro net should undo guard, and who thinks a dispell-hot ability is a good idea should not be allowed to represent an entire class.

you know this in your hearts.

together we can vanquish evil.

join us

vote

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=665184anyone who runs around stockstriking people with the combat tech set bonus, who things electro net should undo guard, and who thinks a dispell-hot ability is a good idea should not be allowed to represent an entire class.

Interesting how uninformed people can be. Almost feels like a real election. If you have suggestions for how to improve the commando class, feel free to share them. The reality is that combat medic is only accessible to elite players in ranked settings and assault is in complete shambles after the nerf to assault in 2.0. There is a lot of work to be done so if you would like to be constructive in helping out the game, I welcome you.

Edited by ManiacDavis

Interesting how uninformed people can be. Almost feels like a real election. If you have suggestions for how to improve the commando class, feel free to share them. The reality is that combat medic is only accessible to elite players in ranked settings and assault is in complete shambles after the nerf to assault in 2.0. There is a lot of work to be done so if you would like to be constructive in helping out the game, I welcome you.

funny how you dodged all of my very real and dam.ning points...almost like a real election.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=665184

vote cashogy and NOT maniac davis. anyone who runs around stockstriking people with the combat tech set bonus, who things electro net should undo guard, and who thinks a dispell-hot ability is a good idea should not be allowed to represent an entire class.

you know this in your hearts.

together we can vanquish evil.

join us

vote

I find your input annoying and can't take you seriously with the name "OldSpiceSwag." And you can't hate on someone because they revolve their set bonus around their style of play. Please find real reasons to troll someone...

I find your input annoying and can't take you seriously with the name "OldSpiceSwag." And you can't hate on someone because they revolve their set bonus around their style of play. Please find real reasons to troll someone...

1. yes i realize my name is gay but idk how to change it. doesnt change how right i am.

2. i cant urge people to not vote someone to a representative position of a class if that person plays like they have no idea how to play the class

Stockstrike is the commando's root. When playing a melee class the best way to beat them is to stay out of melee range and this can be accomplished by stockstriking them and getting distance. It can also be used OFFENSIVELY to prevent targets from running away or getting to objectives. Why would I not use this ability. Good players use all tools at their disposal. Is it kind of ridiculous that a RDPS' root is a melee ability? Absolutely considering the sniper has a 30m root and Sorcs can spec into a knockback + root. But I can only work with what Bioware gives me.

Prior to 2.0, I exclusively played assault because a good team would shut down any gunnery commando due to interrupts and escapability issues. Most of the assault tree abilities like assault plastique were 10 meters. Let me state that again, the top tree abilities were 10 meters for a RDPS. Completely insane if you ask me but that is why I adopted the playstyle I did.

Onto the set bonus. In 1.6, bioware screwed over commandos by having the elite war hero set bonus of eliminator only purchasable by combat tech. It was a commando only bug, not effecting mercenaries. It was eventually fixed, but I couldnt bring myself to regrind out the gear so I kept playing with the combat tech gear, got the stats that I wanted, and later got the set bonus. On that point, the set bonuses for Commando are absolute horse ****.

Weren't you also complaining about synergy and how god awful this 3 scoundrel healers dynamic has become? We have seen Bioware's track histroy of nerfing classes. They do a big batch, nerf a class to the ground, make other classes god like and leave it for 6-8 months with no minor tweaks in between. Most would agree that scoundrel's need a slight nerf. My suggesstions solve this problem while also solving problems in the commando class. If an assault commando could spec into a debuff of scoundrel Hots or debuff guard they would gain a much needed utility boost which is not present in the current state. If electro net and the commando class was so overpowered, you would see more teams stacking commando RDPS over gunslingers. This is not the case because electro net's cooldown is too high to justify bringing a commando.

Commando brings NO UTILITY in the current state of the game. Scoundrel roll is so useful you would be insane to not bring 1 scoundrel in ranked because that second of capping in civil war could mean loss, or grabbing the huttball first, or stealth capping in hypergate, etc. A gunslinger brings AOE cc, AOE dmg reduction, 30m root, can't be interrupted, can't be leapt too, arguably more dps/pressure. WHY WOULD U BRING A COMMANDO DPS OVER A GUNSLIGNER? Even without smash, a sentinel is invaluable for transcendence in civil war and huttball. A sage brings the only friendly pull in Huttball when every score matters and a fire pull can be the difference between a win or loss. COMMANDO OFFERS NO UTILITY IN THESE REGARDS. That is why I proposed the guard/HOT debuff. Of course electro net dmg would need to be reduced and there would need to be a CD on the HOT Debuff but it would give ranked teams a reason to bring a commando as opposed to thinking, "if we bring a commando we are losing on the possibility of another classes utility."

I would rather Bioware give players the tools to counter OP comps then to have OP comps nerfed to the ground.

You got my vote. I know you are a very capable dps commando. I've only played a few games with you, but I could clearly see you had situational awareness that many people simply don't posses these days.

I believe I've seen you said you haven't play combat medic nearly as much as dps. But I feel good with you representing the commando class. I know you make suggestions that only affect PvP.

I too hate seeing MAJOR class adjustments made every 6 months, and would like to see current minor adjustments.

Stockstrike is the commando's root. When playing a melee class the best way to beat them is to stay out of melee range and this can be accomplished by stockstriking them and getting distance. It can also be used OFFENSIVELY to prevent targets from running away or getting to objectives. Why would I not use this ability. Good players use all tools at their disposal. Is it kind of ridiculous that a RDPS' root is a melee ability? Absolutely considering the sniper has a 30m root and Sorcs can spec into a knockback + root. But I can only work with what Bioware gives me.

Prior to 2.0, I exclusively played assault because a good team would shut down any gunnery commando due to interrupts and escapability issues. Most of the assault tree abilities like assault plastique were 10 meters. Let me state that again, the top tree abilities were 10 meters for a RDPS. Completely insane if you ask me but that is why I adopted the playstyle I did.

Onto the set bonus. In 1.6, bioware screwed over commandos by having the elite war hero set bonus of eliminator only purchasable by combat tech. It was a commando only bug, not effecting mercenaries. It was eventually fixed, but I couldnt bring myself to regrind out the gear so I kept playing with the combat tech gear, got the stats that I wanted, and later got the set bonus. On that point, the set bonuses for Commando are absolute horse ****.

Weren't you also complaining about synergy and how god awful this 3 scoundrel healers dynamic has become? We have seen Bioware's track histroy of nerfing classes. They do a big batch, nerf a class to the ground, make other classes god like and leave it for 6-8 months with no minor tweaks in between. Most would agree that scoundrel's need a slight nerf. My suggesstions solve this problem while also solving problems in the commando class. If an assault commando could spec into a debuff of scoundrel Hots or debuff guard they would gain a much needed utility boost which is not present in the current state. If electro net and the commando class was so overpowered, you would see more teams stacking commando RDPS over gunslingers. This is not the case because electro net's cooldown is too high to justify bringing a commando.

Commando brings NO UTILITY in the current state of the game. Scoundrel roll is so useful you would be insane to not bring 1 scoundrel in ranked because that second of capping in civil war could mean loss, or grabbing the huttball first, or stealth capping in hypergate, etc. A gunslinger brings AOE cc, AOE dmg reduction, 30m root, can't be interrupted, can't be leapt too, arguably more dps/pressure. WHY WOULD U BRING A COMMANDO DPS OVER A GUNSLIGNER? Even without smash, a sentinel is invaluable for transcendence in civil war and huttball. A sage brings the only friendly pull in Huttball when every score matters and a fire pull can be the difference between a win or loss. COMMANDO OFFERS NO UTILITY IN THESE REGARDS. That is why I proposed the guard/HOT debuff. Of course electro net dmg would need to be reduced and there would need to be a CD on the HOT Debuff but it would give ranked teams a reason to bring a commando as opposed to thinking, "if we bring a commando we are losing on the possibility of another classes utility."

I would rather Bioware give players the tools to counter OP comps then to have OP comps nerfed to the ground.

Assault Plastique was always 30m.

and dude ***? Commando brings no utility???

What're you smoking.

Edited by Treblt

evidence for points above ^

I just voted for Maniac cuz you told me not to.

PS. heh... maniac's winning by 2 votes.. nice to make the difference :D

Edit: lol.. just saw that it ends tomorrow.... nice to make the difference :D:D:D

Edit.2: Aww ***.. 2 bumheads just voted for the other guy, come on people we need moar votes

Edited by Virus_Bot

I watch Maniac's stream regularly and play against him all the time.

He knows the class inside and out, and is actively involved in the community. He's an excellent candidate and got my vote. Its a shame all the blind hate, etc. etc from forum trolls and nobodies costed him his spot.

I hope you all feel good about yourselves having accomplished nothing.

Edited by Darth_Precursor

I watch Maniac's stream regularly and play against him all the time.

He knows the class inside and out, and is actively involved in the community. He's an excellent candidate and got my vote. Its a shame all the blind hate, etc. etc from forum trolls and nobodies costed him his spot.

I hope you all feel good about yourselves having accomplished nothing.

The voting system is stupid. Shoulda been a vote into the categories of pve and pvp and then BW shoulda done their research and picked the rep.

I didn't realize we were having a homecoming queen popularity contest.