The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Kaggath Tournament - Sol’yc Empire vs Krayt’s Vision

Beniboybling

• Replies 469
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought the technology rule was just to make each weapon system have the same punch. And then it would come down to which ship has more weapons to decide which ship is better.

Or was that just me?

This has always been a rule, and I'm surprised people don't remember it cropping up before. Regardless the purpose is obvious. Surely you can see the unfairness of an Imperial Star Destroyer going up against a Centurion? The later would be decimated, regardless of whether their individal weaponary packed more punch. The Star Destroyer simply has vastly bigger guns.

Really, if this rule is not enforced we may as well forget discussing space. Krayt's Vision steamrolls.

The Centurion was built in anticipation of the largest warships in the Mandalorian fleet and was designed to act as the flagship of any Republic vessels.

But anyway, are we basically saying that the Kandosii has the same firepower as the Pallaeon?

No, like I said in that post you quoted, it is more comparable to an Imperial-II class star destroyer. Given its size and dreadnaught status. That said clearly its more geared towards misses than turbolasers. Really we shouldn't try to go into too much detail, cross-comparing across millennia is difficult as it is.
Apparently I have been limited to 100, something I was not informed of before this Kaggath, might I add.
The Krath War Droids only made one appearance during the Great Sith War, when they ambushed the Jedi on Deneba. There were 100 droids present. You can't expect me to inform you about everything, especially given the fact that I constructed your faction might I add.

Regardless you are not limited to 100, you have the factories on Koros Major - just make more.

You did a good job with your Leadership, Rayla.

It seems that they all have the same goal. Krayt believed the Sith should rule to create order. Natasi Daala and Gilad Pellaeon also believe is this philosophy. And Talon is straight up loyal.

I don't see any defections really possible here.

Unless the romance between Natasi Daala and Nek Bwau’tu heats up. :p

On the flip side, StarSquirrel did a good job with his leadership too.

Basically all of the Leadership know each other. Boba Fett trained Jaina Solo to kill Jedi. Nek Bwua'tu actually helped defend Hapes under Tenel Ka Djo's rule. They were all kinda in the same boat against Jacen.

It seems like this Kaggath is lacking in Leadership conflicts. Bravo.

The possession attempt still comes down to a battle of wills, also Bane is the only one on record that was confirmed to NEED to touch his intended host, all others could transfer their spirits.
The thing is though, if Krayt is blown up in the depths of space. Does he have the willpower to reach a new host? As far as I'm aware only Sidious was capable of dragging himself from the depths of chaos and possessing a new body lightyears away - Krayt is no Sidious.

Noting that the only convential way you can possess someone is by touching them at the point of death - like Bane - or remaining in the physical world as a Sith Spirit and waiting for someone to come along who you can possess. Neither of these are options for Krayt in space.

The thing is though, if Krayt is blown up in the depths of space. Does he have the willpower to reach a new host? As far as I'm aware only Sidious was capable of dragging himself from the depths of chaos and possessing a new body lightyears away - Krayt is no Sidious.

Noting that the only convential way you can possess someone is by touching them at the point of death - like Bane - or remaining in the physical world as a Sith Spirit and waiting for someone to come along who you can possess. Neither of these are options for Krayt in space.

Emperor Vitiate did it, Emperor Palpatine did it, Karness Muur did it a few times when his amulet was used.

Regardless, you still need to beat the ships in space combat anyway, assuming he's on one.

This has always been a rule, and I'm surprised people don't remember it cropping up before. Regardless the purpose is obvious. Surely you can see the unfairness of an Imperial Star Destroyer going up against a Centurion? The later would be decimated, regardless of whether their individal weaponary packed more punch. The Star Destroyer simply has vastly bigger guns.

I still don't understand why my armaments have been effectively nerfed, my ship has more weapons placements than his does, am I now losing the advantage of that?

StarSquirrel actively made this comparison himself.

Hi was I the only one who read this in the main Kaggath thread? That's why I made the assumptions I did about the Krath War Droids Rayla.

Military: you have two options here, you can either opt for a single Major Ground Force which must consist of a sizable army of some kind e.g. Zann Consortium Army, Mandalorian Neo-Crusaders, etc. or two Minor Ground Forces which must consist of a sect, clan, militia or other minor organisation e.g. Death Watch, Nightsisters etc. and can consist of no more than appox. 10,000 members.

Hi was I the only one who read this in the main Kaggath thread? That's why I made the assumptions I did about the Krath War Droids Rayla.

I didn't expect millions or some such, but more like 1,500, 100 Krath War Droids? I probably would have opted for something different in that case.

I still don't understand why my armaments have been effectively nerfed, my ship has more weapons placements than his does, am I now losing the advantage of that?

Size wise the two are comparable and weapons-wise the Mandos actually had a greater focus on missiles while the Pallaeon (as tune mentioned) was not designed for ship-to-ship missile warfare, armor wise mine blows yours out of the park by a fair margin.

The Paellon is still superior, as it was stated as much. Remember technology level is universal - unless considered archaic or advanced at the time.

I can't comment on the rest of your forces. But the majority of your force consists of Imperial Class Star Destroyers - which are on part with the greatest of the Mandalorian warships. I really don't know what all this stuff about being nerfed is coming from. The rule works, your just misunderstanding it.

I didn't expect millions or some such, but more like 1,500, 100 Krath War Droids? I probably would have opted for something different in that case.

1,500? Even just half that number in HK-50's (considering I have the secret manufacturing plant for them that is no stretch) and they'd be bits of shrapnel in seconds.

Edit: I'd be cool with you starting with a few thousand if Beni let it, that was more my point. :o

Edited by StarSquirrel

The Paellon is still superior, as it was stated as much. Remember technology level is universal - unless considered archaic or advanced at the time.

I can't comment on the rest of your forces. But the majority of your force consists of Imperial Class Star Destroyers - which are on part with the greatest of the Mandalorian warships. I really don't know what all this stuff about being nerfed is coming from. The rule works, your just misunderstanding it.

Erm, the Pallaeon-class replaced the Imperial as the main-stay of the fleet, and the Ardent was the main frigate of the fleet.

Then explain it, is my ship better or not?

Hey I have a point to bring up,

The Mandalorians are used to fighting tight, hit and run wars with groups like the Vong while being staunch defenders when needed. Nek as well knows how to facilitate this style while defending expertly.

Meanwhile Krayt, Pallaeon, and Natasi all suffered a basic flaw the Empire never seemed to fix, unable to counter hit-and-run tactics. They just could never do it. I think Rayla's numbers here will put pressure on the SE but KV will be the ones on the defensive, trying to engage the mando fleet head to head while Nek dances around them picking them apart.

Also, HK-50's are awesome for infiltrating and delivering heavy sabotage to factories and the like... I know Tenel Ka will never want to meet, help, or fight 1v1 Krayt, so if it come down to leaders, Talon vs Tenel Ka (on Myrkr with HK-50's) or SE's strike team going after Krayt. Neither of these seem highly likely.

The Mandalorians in general perhaps, the Neo-Crusaders were desperate for a massive war of glory, hence goading the Republic into a galactic war, I just don't see why you'd have a fleet like the Neo-Crusader fleet and fight hit-and-run with it.

Also the HK series is very good, however we cannot just assume they are going to do every mission required, what are you attacking? Foerost? Arakyd Industries? both are very heavily defended and the HK droids have limits to their capability, they are not IG-88s.

Edited by LadyKulvax

The Mandalorians in general perhaps, the Neo-Crusaders were desperate for a massive war of glory, hence goading the Republic into a galactic war, I just don't see why you'd have a fleet like the Neo-Crusader fleet and fight hit-and-run with it.

Also the HK series is very good, however we cannot just assume they are going to do every mission required, what are you attacking? Foerost? Arakyd Industries? both are very heavily defended and the HK droids have limits to their capability, they are not IG-88s.

First point, the leaders determine the usage of the machines. My leaders will use them in the best way to ensure victory. (or they'll die trying...) KV outnumber SE, so SE must use unconventional tactics. Hold major positions while destroying KV's ability to fight, Nek had a GA fleet built primarily for defense, but he used it very well against the Vong in aggressive ways.

You're right. I wouldn't assume I could hit everything and still defend and attack ect... That said a strike force of cloaked assassin droids could theoretically infiltrate a factory and eliminate it (casualties will be expected). Also, factories are not fortresses. They have materials that must be delivered and products that must be distributed. Thus many access points. Considering the nature of HK-50 droids, they'd be more than happy distracting you with a bloody firefight while others break in somewhere else, or any number of infiltration tactics that they are all programmed with.

Also note assassin droids. They're made to get into places...

Here is something that bothers me, we are assuming that the Mandalorian fleet was the same size as the Republic fleet and yet we are assuming that said Republic fleet was 1600 vessels strong, yet we never see in any of the Old Sith Wars a fleet of such scale, the fleet Ulic-Qel Droma captures is 300 ships and that was considered a third of the entire Republic Navy, the navy only got thinner and thinner after each war, those 300 ships and the Krath fleet gets decimated at Coruscant, putting the navy down to 600 ships.

We can assume that with some certainty the Republic fleet didn't reach about 900 ships again as it is canon that the Republic forces just got smaller and smaller with each war until the Dark Wars where the fleet at Telos IV is considered quite literally the only thing the Republic has left to mount a sufficient defence of the planet.

If we are running off the idea that the Mandalorian fleet really was about equal to the Republic, which makes sense as that is said quite a few times in the KotOR CG, then the Mandalorian fleet, being generous, is about 800 ships, if we assume that in-between the Exar Kun War and the Mandalorian Wars (around forty years) that the Republic rebuilt the majority of it's forces.

EDIT: It is midnight here and I'm signing off for the night.

Edited by LadyKulvax

If we are running off the idea that the Mandalorian fleet really was about equal to the Republic, which makes sense as that is said quite a few times in the KotOR CG, then the Mandalorian fleet, being generous, is about 800 ships, if we assume that in-between the Exar Kun War and the Mandalorian Wars (around forty years) that the Republic rebuilt the majority of it's forces.

The Mandalorian fleet was probably 900 or more. They had been building up for decades post-Sith War and had 10 years of un-interrupted conquest and production. They were churning out ships for those 10 years using a massive slave force with conquered resources and shipyards to amass the fleet that eventually attacked. Also, the fact that the Republic had new Centurions and Interdictors makes me assume they spent the time after the Sith Wars building up and designing new ships.

Also note, if the fleet got smaller with every attack by a new Empire, then the Mandalorian Wars fleet must have been massive. The Fleets that engaged in the Great Galactic War where massive spanning a line across the entire galaxy.

Edited by StarSquirrel

The Mandalorian fleet was probably 900 or more. They had been building up for decades post-Sith War and had 10 years of un-interrupted conquest and production. They were churning out ships for those 10 years using a massive slave force with conquered resources and shipyards to amass the fleet that eventually attacked. Also, the fact that the Republic had new Centurions and Interdictors makes me assume they spent the time after the Sith Wars building up and designing new ships.

Also note, if the fleet got smaller with every attack by a new Empire, then the Mandalorian Wars fleet must have been massive. The Fleets that engaged in the Great Galactic War where massive spanning a line across the entire galaxy.

The KotOR Campaign Guide states numerous times that the forces were very equal and only the Jedi and Revan's tactics decided the war.

Anyway, I really do need to sign off, I'll return tomorrow.

Edited by LadyKulvax