The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Star Wars:Rebels news and time to let go of EU Lore!

Ashenti

Erm... they revealed some concept art for Rebels.... it included Killik mounds.

Those designs have been around for a LONG time as early Ralph McQuarrie concept work for a planet called Sicemon and was later used as concepts for Alderaan for a book back in the mid 90's and were not conceived for SWTOR.

Edited by TheBBP

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes but this isn't just changing bios around, this is effectively just outright removing good EU characters. Unless of course they somehow appear at a later date, so far we lost...

1. Xizor

2. Dash Rendar

3. Kyle Katarn

4. Thrawn

5. Kir Kanos

6-whatever number: Every other character post/pre-ROTJ that didn't appear in the 6 movies.

So unless authors are allowed to write of those characters again, and the EU is still gonna be around....they are gone. I hope Disney isn't that stupid, to have no EU.

oh trust me I know. And ya wonder why I pay zero attention to TCW and will probably go absolutely APE when they release EP 7. Killing most of what I love about the EU.

Hell we won't even see Wraith Squadron! That's going to send me off the walls ape****. Trust me, I am not a happy camper right now.

So lets count the number of great characters we lost....too many.

Nothing is being "lost." Those stories still exist. You can read, watch, and play those stories any time you want to. No one is taking them away.

There is absolutely no reason to view whatever comes next as an either/or situation. Why not choose instead to enjoy as much of everything as possible?

Nothing is being "lost." Those stories still exist. You can read, watch, and play those stories any time you want to. No one is taking them away.

There is absolutely no reason to view whatever comes next as an either/or situation. Why not choose instead to enjoy as much of everything as possible?

They are lost in the sense, that they aren't apart of the universe anymore unless written back in. So what they did doesn't matter, and they don't really exist.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

It's good now that there will be alot tighter restrictions on the EU, namely post-rotj (if its allowed). No more retarded story lines and ridiculous powers.

On another thought, Its pretty interesting how Ian Mcdiarmid seems to be in the know for Episode 7.

Edited by Girdeux

They are lost in the sense, that they aren't apart of the universe anymore unless written back in. So what they did doesn't matter, and they don't really exist.

They matter and exist in the only way that truly should mean anything - whether or not the stories they tell are of quality and are enjoyable.

It's good now that there will be alot tighter restrictions on the EU, namely post-rotj (if its allowed). No more retarded story lines and ridiculous powers.

On another thought, Its pretty interesting how Ian Mcdiarmid seems to be in the know for Episode 7.

I am also a fan of them reining in the EU.

"And with one swift stroke of a crimson lightsaber, Darth Donald & Emperor Mickey decapitate everyone's hopes & dreams for an Ep 7 movie that would appease EU fans in favor of.....whatever they decide will be profitable. "

And we'll STILL be standing in line in 2015 paying to see it in 3D.

#drops mic & gets Sith outfit ready for Ep7

This. There's no way they can confiscate all of your novels and comics and video games to erase the EU. It's still there, it's still just as valid in your experiences. But let's face it, the movies are the only things that are REALLY canon, and any inconsistencies are resolved in favor of the films.

That being said, I don't see why everyone is so fearful that the movies will invalidate everything that's come before. If they can weave novels in and out of each other to create the EU in the first place, they can certainly set the movies somewhere in the mix.

This. There's no way they can confiscate all of your novels and comics and video games to erase the EU. It's still there, it's still just as valid in your experiences. But let's face it, the movies are the only things that are REALLY canon, and any inconsistencies are resolved in favor of the films.

That being said, I don't see why everyone is so fearful that the movies will invalidate everything that's come before. If they can weave novels in and out of each other to create the EU in the first place, they can certainly set the movies somewhere in the mix.

*waves at Jace*

Except the part where they have said repeatedly that they are creating completely original stories for the new movies.

Someone had the good sense to grab images of concept art and renderings that were shown and also recorded the Q and A for upload to youtube.

I love that ship.

At the end he hints at a positive answer to the question about if we will see characters from TCW have their stories extended into Rebels.

Edited by TheBBP

Well according to the OP it was from a friend.

Yes I know...we all know how reliable they can be. I suppose I jumped the gun there, I am very touchy about all this...they wanna remove the post-ROTJ ok fine, but when they do it to ALL the EU not just post...then I am gonna raise hell.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

Yes I know...we all know how reliable they can be. I suppose I jumped the gun there, I am very touchy about all this...they wanna remove the post-ROTJ ok fine, but when they do it to ALL the EU not just post...then I am gonna raise hell.

Agreed, the Pre-TPM stuff is a hell of a lot more coherent and in my entirely biased opinion, much better than, the Post-ROTJ.