Fallen Jedi Title

Cpt_Sam

Wouldn't a fallen Jedi require a faction change??

No.

Faction and Alignment are two different things. It's possible to be a dark jedi and still believe in the ideals of the Republic. Just that your method differs from that of the Jedi Order. (Instead of contemplating your enlightenment, you'd rush off to war without a second thoughts, for example. You'd have no problem sacrificing one life to save a million, etc.).

Edited by Bomyne

No.

Faction and Alignment are two different things. It's possible to be a dark jedi and still believe in the ideals of the Republic. Just that your method differs from that of the Jedi Order. (Instead of contemplating your enlightenment, you'd rush off to war without a second thoughts, for example. You'd have no problem sacrificing one life to save a million, etc.).

See to me it would.. A Jedi isn't fallen unless he has fully turned to the dark side and become a sith.. I agree that a jedi can have dark tendencies and still believe in the ideals, but to me that isn't fallen..

To me fallen would be the act of going to the dark side.. Comepletely..

That is my opinion of course.. :)

See to me it would.. A Jedi isn't fallen unless he has fully turned to the dark side and become a sith.. I agree that a jedi can have dark tendencies and still believe in the ideals, but to me that isn't fallen..

To me fallen would be the act of going to the dark side.. Comepletely..

That is my opinion of course.. :)

Sith and Jedi are ideals, they are not alignments.

My Sith is 100% lightside, for example. He won't take a life needlessly, and is trying to end the corruption within the Sith but he would never ever fight for the Republic or do anything to harm the Sith Empire as a whole.

You are correct in that Fallen means going to the darkside, completely. It does not mean joining the Sith. It means commiting acts that the Jedi Order would consider unacceptable. Putting innocents in danger, giving in t your passions, Recklessly endangering your life or that of your teams, or a world, etc.

Mant dark jedi often do become Sith because the Sith teachings that Peace is a lie, there is only passion are in line with what they want to do or believe, but not all. Our player characters are among the "not all" group. They are stalwart defenders of the Republic even if they have fallen to the darkside.

If “Fallen Jedi” unlocks at Dark V for Jedi, “Sith Heretic” should unlock at Light V for Sith.

I like it :D and glad to see that I'm not the only one that would like this. I admit it wouldn't be fair to the lightside jedi/darkside sith not to get a title so I'll give it a think and if anything comes to me I'll update this tread but if anyone els wants to add something go for :D

This is really cool, I was thinking maybe I was alone in wanting this but with everyone's replies its quite obvious that I am not.

Come on BioWare you know you want too :D

Thank you all the more discussion there is the more likely BioWare will notice.

Sith and Jedi are ideals, they are not alignments.

My Sith is 100% lightside, for example. He won't take a life needlessly, and is trying to end the corruption within the Sith but he would never ever fight for the Republic or do anything to harm the Sith Empire as a whole.

You are correct in that Fallen means going to the darkside, completely. It does not mean joining the Sith. It means commiting acts that the Jedi Order would consider unacceptable. Putting innocents in danger, giving in t your passions, Recklessly endangering your life or that of your teams, or a world, etc.

Mant dark jedi often do become Sith because the Sith teachings that Peace is a lie, there is only passion are in line with what they want to do or believe, but not all. Our player characters are among the "not all" group. They are stalwart defenders of the Republic even if they have fallen to the darkside.

In the end you are playing in a grey area that really isn't cannon according to the movies.. Anakin fell to the dark side and became Darth Vader.. We all the saw the moment that happened.. One second he was Jedi and the next he was sith and slave to the Emperor.. Are you now going to claim there are levels of falling??

So how about we stick to what is cannon and not what isn't.. Don't even bring up the books.. They are not even close to being as cannon as the movies..

Yes this is my opinion.. But it at least has some backing.. Backing that is both fact and cannon..

Fallen Jedi would require a faction change.. Just as redeemed Sith would also require a faction change..

Let's review.. The word fallen is passed tense.. Therefore a Jedi fell.. Where did he fall?? To the dark side.. That makes him a sith.. There are no partial degrees of fallen.. There is no half way..

Yes it is an absolute.. It is supposed to be.. Count Dooku was also a fallen jedi.. And was a sith..

Sorry.. But in my opinion, your idea on this go against the laws set up by George Lucas.. In my opinion, which I can defend, the answer to this is very simple.. The title 'Fallen Jedi' denotes a sith lord..

To me it is simply absurd to say that a Jedi can fall to the dark side and not become sith.. I am sure it happens in the books.. I am sure a lot of things happen in the books.. I don't believe the books should change fundamental principles of both the Jedi order and the Sith..

Edited by MajikMyst

In the end you are playing in a grey area that really isn't cannon according to the movies.. Anakin fell to the dark side and became Darth Vader.. We all the saw the moment that happened.. One second he was Jedi and the next he was sith and slave to the Emperor.. Are you now going to claim there are levels of falling??

So how about we stick to what is cannon and not what isn't.. Don't even bring up the books.. They are not even close to being as cannon as the movies..

Yes this is my opinion.. But it at least has some backing.. Backing that is both fact and cannon..

Fallen Jedi would require a faction change.. Just as redeemed Sith would also require a faction change..

Let's review.. The word fallen is passed tense.. Therefore a Jedi fell.. Where did he fall?? To the dark side.. That makes him a sith.. There are no partial degrees of fallen.. There is no half way..

Yes it is an absolute.. It is supposed to be.. Count Dooku was also a fallen jedi.. And was a sith..

Sorry.. But in my opinion, your idea on this go against the laws set up by George Lucas.. In my opinion, which I can defend, the answer to this is very simple.. The title 'Fallen Jedi' denotes a sith lord..

To me it is simply absurd to say that a Jedi can fall to the dark side and not become sith.. I am sure it happens in the books.. I am sure a lot of things happen in the books.. I don't believe the books should change fundamental principles of both the Jedi order and the Sith..

Vader did not fall in a second it took 3 movies or if you're being picky 2, the Sith are not the only people in the galaxy to use the "dark side" just as Jedi are not the only ones who use the "light side" the force and how you channel it has nothing to do with your political views.

If you want the movies go play a game set in or near 20BBY - 30BBY this game is set in the old republic completely different thing and is closer to the more books then it is to movies. Mace used some dark techniques, the night sister use the dark side are they Sith? Being a Fallen Jedi and a Sith are very different things. There is a lot more to the force then Sith and Jedi even in GL's part of the galaxy.

Also 2 people within the story of SWTOR I can think of that have fallen to the dark side but remain Jedi are Master Rajivari & Nomen Karr. I have only finished 2 of the 8 story lines so I'm not saying they are the only ones.

Vader did not fall in a second it took 3 movies or if you're being picky 2, the Sith are not the only people in the galaxy to use the "dark side" just as Jedi are not the only ones who use the "light side" the force and how you channel it has nothing to do with your political views.

If you want the movies go play a game set in or near 20BBY - 30BBY this game is set in the old republic completely different thing and is closer to the more books then it is to movies. Mace used some dark techniques, the night sister use the dark side are they Sith? Being a Fallen Jedi and a Sith are very different things. There is a lot more to the force then Sith and Jedi even in GL's part of the galaxy.

Time frame is irrelevant.. Just because this the old republic doesn't mean that the rules set in the movies do not apply.. Star Wars is Star Wars.. This is the Star Wars universe.. As created by George Lucas..

Who else uses the dark and light side if not the Sith and Jedi?? No books please.. Cannon answers only..

Actually no.. Anaklns fall to the dark side was completed in a single second.. The moment he cut off Mace's arm.. Yes, Anakin did have some issues.. He was very fearful.. Which leads to the dark side.. He had a lot of anger, which also leads to the dark side.. But those things do not make him dark.. He was manipulated by the Emperor and failed to maintain control of his feelings at a critical moment.. That is what made him dark.. You better watch the movies again..

Political views?? Spare me and stay on topic.. You want to talk politics then go else where..

We are talking about a 'fallen JEDI' title.. So largely your response is irrelevant.. We are talking about Jedi and Sith.. So again.. Stay on topic..

Thanks.. :rolleyes:

Edited by MajikMyst

Also 2 people within the story of SWTOR I can think of that have fallen to the dark side but remain Jedi are Master Rajivari & Nomen Karr. I have only finished 2 of the 8 story lines so I'm not saying they are the only ones.

You would be incorrect.. Rajivari and his followers tried to kill the jedi and destroy the order.. Nothing is said as to whether or not he was Sith... He was the first fallen Jedi and very well could be the first Sith.. Remember.. The car was a horseless carriage, an automobile, and many other names before the term car was first used and later became the norm.. Does that mean that all the cars called by another name before the term was used are actually not cars?? The same is true for Sith.. Just because Rajivari wasn't called a sith, doesn't mean he wasn't one..

Back to the title..

You want to use the term Fallen Jedi.. What constitutes a fallen Jedi?? There has to be a level or requirement that is met to demand the title.. What requirement is that?? The fact of the matter is, that an all dark Jedi in this game is still a Jedi and hasn't fallen anywhere.. The entire point of falling is to not be a Jedi anymore.. Hence the title Fallen Jedi.. To just arbitrarily allow people to use it, without at least sticking to a basic definition would be an unwise decision.. Like I said in an earlier post.. To use the Fallen Jedi title, would require a faction change.. So they aren't Jedi anymore..

Do not let your desire to use this title cloud the realities of this debate... I don't care one way or another.. But I do care that this game stay as close to cannon as possible.. :)

Edited by MajikMyst