Bioware: Comment on the issue of premades farming pugs

Aelaias

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BW Thinks that solo player are the Entertainment of greifers and ganker players. Solo player has no rights in swtor, and you have to be grouped ALL the time to ppl in order to have any rights.
Doesnt matter if everyone's in a premade because the real problem is skill disparity. Four horrible players won't be significally better just because they group up. Premades are only making the lack-of-matchmaking- problem worse by either bringing four good or four bad players to a team.

Doesnt matter if everyone's in a premade because the real problem is skill disparity. Four horrible players won't be significally better just because they group up. Premades are only making the lack-of-matchmaking- problem worse by either bringing four good or four bad players to a team.

Yea better off if premades just fight other premades. Problem fixed.

You actually think people get better at this game just because they group up? Dude... 95% of players who play this game are complete garbage. Just look at the scoreboard at the end of a match. There will be 1 or 2 guys who are leaps and bounds ahead of anyone else. A huge chunk of the playerbase will be very mediocre and the rest will have you scratching your head as to what they were even doing the whole round. I'm well known for typing "press buttons please" at the start of a warzone. Most people think i'm joking.. i'm not.

I ran a test a few weeks back after an absolutely horrendous ancient hypergates where 6 out of 8 guys averaged 40k damage. I told the guy who I was queueing with, next match i'm going to switch to tank and spam ONLY my default attack. At the end of that round I checked the damage output of my team. I was 2nd highest damage and only 10000 off top damage. I did 174000 damage with my default attack. The only way its possible to do 40k damage is if your literally NOT PRESSING BUTTONS. Unfortunately there are far too many people who fall into this category and its these guys who are costing you the match.

Nailed it.

I pretty much consider solo queuing as flipping a coin to complete dailies. There is a 49-49 chance of winning or losing. There is a 2% chance of having an even, hard fought match that is a lot of fun. But most of the time? It comes down to completely random factors in how the queue behaves. Your chances on being queued on the stronger team is the same as being queued on the bad team, and it does not matter what your gear is, or how hard you play at that point.

If you center yourself in reality, it doesn't bother you as much. I pugged for 3 hours one night and lost every single match. Went in with a guild group and won every single match for an hour except one where we faced a double premade. Just a flip of the coin man.

If you want competition, go play ranked. I'd honestly be okay with them making pugs solo only once Arenas come out. It should decrease the QQ and increase the enjoyment of the casual players who don't post to the forums but complain in game. Wanna play with your friends casually? Go deathmatch. Want to play srsbzns Warzones? Go Ranked. Want to play casual warzones? Queue solo.

Edited by Maelael

Nailed it.

I pretty much consider solo queuing as flipping a coin to complete dailies. There is a 49-49 chance of winning or losing. There is a 2% chance of having an even, hard fought match that is a lot of fun. But most of the time? It comes down to completely random factors in how the queue behaves. Your chances on being queued on the stronger team is the same as being queued on the bad team, and it does not matter what your gear is, or how hard you play at that point.

If you want competition, go play ranked.

If you center yourself in reality, it doesn't bother you as much.

Its not 50/50 win or lose. It would be if it was balanced. its more like 75% losses all day, all week if you run PUG team, since you Always run into premade teams.

Its not 50/50 win or lose. It would be if it was balanced. its more like 75% losses all day, all week if you run PUG team, since you Always run into premade teams.

On my server, both sides its a 50-50 chance. In the example of the 3 hour loss-a-thon, I was chatting with a friend who was also solo queuing (I wasn't sure if I was going to get a phone call so I did not commit to a group with him), and he was getting into decent teams and winning most of his matches. I was pugged with him once during those three hours. I find Imp or Pub I get about the same results. Unless you're double premading, it technically is a 50-50 chance of it being a win or a loss: Because the other team could be worse than you, or better than you.

I've literally had it where it was 7 of us from a double premade - the slot 8 was filled by someone with the mental capacity of a snail, who constantly broke our mezzes for caps, ensuring our loss. Otherwise it was a lolroll fest on the other team if it wasn't for Happy McMezBreaker.

Likewise, Ive beat both premades and double premades with pure pugs, but at the same time it was good players pure pugging (and we all tend to know eachother from such as well).

50-50 Chance. Either they'll be good, or be bad. It's statistical chance, not results. My point is it doesn't matter how good you play or how good your gear is. If the other team outplays yours, you lose. You're literally depending on random chance of who you team with unless you double premade, and you're still depending on the chance of the other side not doing the same.

Take it as it is. If you're losing more than 50% of your games throughout the week or month, you need to learn when to Quit warzones to avoid a queue cycle of bads, make premades, and/or improve your own game.

Edited by Maelael

solo only queue would not result in a 50/50 W:L ratio

its funny that you think it would.

Dear Sirs,

There is this invention called a dictionary. It actually defines the meaning of words that you use in a sentence. I would assume you can use "The Google", please try it on the word "Chance".

On my server, both sides its a 50-50 chance. In the example of the 3 hour loss-a-thon, I was chatting with a friend who was also solo queuing (I wasn't sure if I was going to get a phone call so I did not commit to a group with him), and he was getting into decent teams and winning most of his matches. I was pugged with him once during those three hours. I find Imp or Pub I get about the same results. Unless you're double premading, it technically is a 50-50 chance of it being a win or a loss: Because the other team could be worse than you, or better than you.

I've literally had it where it was 7 of us from a double premade - the slot 8 was filled by someone with the mental capacity of a snail, who constantly broke our mezzes for caps, ensuring our loss. Otherwise it was a lolroll fest on the other team if it wasn't for Happy McMezBreaker.

Likewise, Ive beat both premades and double premades with pure pugs, but at the same time it was good players pure pugging (and we all tend to know eachother from such as well).

50-50 Chance. Either they'll be good, or be bad. It's statistical chance, not results. My point is it doesn't matter how good you play or how good your gear is. If the other team outplays yours, you lose. You're literally depending on random chance of who you team with unless you double premade, and you're still depending on the chance of the other side not doing the same.

Take it as it is. If you're losing more than 50% of your games throughout the week or month, you need to learn when to Quit warzones to avoid a queue cycle of bads, make premades, and/or improve your own game.

ooh, intrestnig, you proposing that ppl should leave WZs if they dont like it? Hmm ok. Thought you premade runner were trying to stop ppl form leaveing so you could stomp them all day?

ooh, intrestnig, you proposing that ppl should leave WZs if they dont like it? Hmm ok. Thought you premade runner were trying to stop ppl form leaveing so you could stomp them all day?

Can you restate that in the form of an actual reply that leads into discussion using full words and complete sentences?

Like seriously, I realize this is an idiocracy moment of "u talk liek a ***" for me, but I have no idea what you're really trying to say.

Can you restate that in the form of an actual reply that leads into discussion using full words and complete sentences?

Like seriously, I realize this is an idiocracy moment of "u talk liek a ***" for me, but I have no idea what you're really trying to say.

lol thats a good movie

Dear Sirs,

There is this invention called a dictionary. It actually defines the meaning of words that you use in a sentence. I would assume you can use "The Google", please try it on the word "Chance".

nvm im dumb. that isnt even what you were talking about.

Edited by cashogy_reborn

lol thats a good movie

nvm im dumb. that isnt even what you were talking about.

Amazing movie. And NP, since were on the same page, cool cool. I'd say Im at a 65-70% W/L % results, but I'm also on a RP PvE server and do a fair share of premades and know when to leave a warzone to avoid repetitive queuing with the same bads.

But what about me? I play this game with a friend, we play together in pvp, we skype, we mostly own. If premades were separate queue, we would not be able to play casual warzones together? That would suck. Premades are a part of the game just like ganking and trolling. Stuff like that will always be in an online enviromment.

Pugs need to learn a few things: focus healers; they're the guys with the little symbol over their heads, otherwise known as being marked. Use focus target and acquire target's target. Please, for the love of the spaghetti monster, have pass the huttball key bound somewhere useful (F4 works great). Know your role, merc DPS should not be jumping in the middle of the pile like roflsmash. Incoming, seriously, you can see 3 peeps inbound, don't say you got stunned, call it early. And stop going mid when both sides are capped, *** are you thinking? Who cares about big numbers when you lose?

You have countless threads started on the topic. What the hell is this, just your way of having people let off some steam? Do you actually think this is working? Pug and premade queues need to be separated and that's that. Where do you stand? Do you even see this as an issue?

You complain because you can't win? I personally love being in a pug vs a premade. Its usually a really good match. Also it makes you a better player. So stop crying grow some balls and put on your *** kicking boots.

I love pugs. people claiming to get keyboard stun, snipers with 1/3 of my tanks total damage (while I was not even trying on dps to make a point, I do what I normally would, guarding healers, cc'ing around healers, stopping caps, guarding nodes when I had to), assassins guarding out of stealth, marauders with willpower/cunning gear, people guarding nodes while on the phone/crew skills, oepratives not rolling for the ball, people breaking mezzes with worthless aoe when I try to defuse the bomb, people who guard and get ninjad while typing cause they were to focused on proper spelling.

and my favorite

players who trash talk in /ops channel how bad we (team) are, while they didn't even break 40k damage....

premades are not facerolling pugs, pugs faceroll them selves into a loss.

All true and it's also true that this changes nothing at all. Horribles who queue solo (and I include myself in that group on some days) will learn nothing if their pvp experience is a complete farmfest. They can do another merge for all I care but there have to be separate queues for premades.

What do you want them to tell you?! The population on all servers can't support having separate ques or match premades on one team with the premades on the other team. Aside from cross server ques this aint happening.

Also, why don't you team up with others? You can't punish other players for grouping up and playing together, while others do not. Please stop making useless QQ threads like these.

This works both ways, you can't punish players for not groupping. And yes, hearing those things from the horse's mouth would settle the issue. Also, cross server queues may not be necessary if additional regional merges are performed.

You complain because you can't win? I personally love being in a pug vs a premade. Its usually a really good match. Also it makes you a better player. So stop crying grow some balls and put on your *** kicking boots.

This is a pile of el primo BS and you know it. Getting farmed does not make a better player out of an average icon clicking recruit wearing pugger nor does it allow premades to improve their play. And I truly do not understand the profound lack of class that would be required for a premade player to actually be ok with this let alone enjoy it.

Edited by Aelaias

This works both ways, you can't punish players for not groupping. And yes, hearing those things from the horse's mouth would settle the issue. Also, cross server queues may not be necessary if additional regional merges are performed.

Eh... yes you can.

PvP is group content, isn't it?

Pugs need to learn a few things: focus healers; they're the guys with the little symbol over their heads, otherwise known as being marked. Use focus target and acquire target's target. Please, for the love of the spaghetti monster, have pass the huttball key bound somewhere useful (F4 works great). Know your role, merc DPS should not be jumping in the middle of the pile like roflsmash. Incoming, seriously, you can see 3 peeps inbound, don't say you got stunned, call it early. And stop going mid when both sides are capped, *** are you thinking? Who cares about big numbers when you lose?

Oh, from the things I have seen on Shadowlands they need to learn more than a few things.

All true and it's also true that this changes nothing at all. Horribles who queue solo (and I include myself in that group on some days) will learn nothing if their pvp experience is a complete farmfest. They can do another merge for all I care but there have to be separate queues for premades.

separate ques won't change that terribads get farmed. if one team has 6 terribads, and 2 good players, they will still get farmed by avarage group of 8 pugs without a healer. thing is, 10-54 lvl pvp was supposed to be learning curve, but last time I did lowbie pvp I got impression that these terribads I meet on L 55 would be somehow medicore or above avarage in lowbies - ergo learning curve lowbie pvp is failing cause people use it to farm XP instead of learning pvp.

Note, bads can learn. Marauder I mentioned with willpower and cunning, actually listened and is upgrading his gear (not in correct order, but he is getting there). Terribads are the problem cause they think they are awesome while they suck, and refuse to listen since they don't hear anything being busy bashing 'that bad team, stupid imps always looose, learn 2 play noobs' (triple 'o' intended).

You have countless threads started on the topic. What the hell is this, just your way of having people let off some steam? Do you actually think this is working? Pug and premade queues need to be separated and that's that. Where do you stand? Do you even see this as an issue?

I dont see this as an issue. What happens when im frustrated with the idiotic pugs causing me to lose warzones? I group. Seriously, take the matter into your own hands, suck it up and quit being a weakling. Wipe your tears, make some friends and go pvp.

That's BS. It would have to be a spectacularly bad premade for this to actually occur.

premades have few advantages over pugs. The only "advantage" they have is voicechat to communicate very well, and they have a garunteed spot on the team with each other

Every premade could turn off voicechat and dominate you the same. Simply put, this game is easy, Pugs are bad, and premade players usually tend to be able to think for themselves.

No answers from Bioware... they are ignore pvp players as obvious they do :rolleyes:

there are brazilion more threads that didn't get any answear. Would take half of Bio operation budged to hire people who would reply to every single whine thread.

They stated somewere that they are 'making something' for pvp matching for 2.4 but don't want to say anything (and I'm to lazy to search for it for you).

terribads will always be farmed. even if they separate ques.

Edited by Atramar