The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Datacron master title unattainable

MarkusBiggus

I believe i have all the datacrons on the republic side. I definitely have the fleet one and and the two on Makeb that don't have codex entries (really? no entries after all this time!??!?!?!).

I also have every other codex entry according the Ask Mr Robot's list of data mined codex entries.

But my codex says I have 67/69 datacrons. Reported in game to customer non-service department who have confirmed to me their uselessness and that I have to resubmit as a bug report because, apparently, their system is too lame to have a FORWARD option to send the issue on for me, you know, to provide any actual customer service.

Since your game system is too lame to provide basic copy/paste ability in a GUI ( I know GUI Only been around 30years - you'll get the basics done eventually I'm sure) , I've resubmitted the bug report to tell you all AGAIN the about the issue that I've since discovered is well known amongst other players.

All this makes it somewhat surprising that the known bugs thread makes no mention of this well known bug that many players know about and have reported over a long period of time.

Maybe this is part of your problem, YOU DON'T PAY ATTENTION WHEN BUGS ARE REPORTED!

Edited by MarkusBiggus

I've seen numerous people with this title, including someone in my own guild.

So I know it can be obtained, so really does sound like a bug on your character.

Hopefully can be sorted or maybe if CS can tell you which ones you are missing....

• 1 month later...

So i just got the two datacron's on Makeb, and received my +10 end/pre, HOWEVER i got no codex entry's and no "Datacron Master" title, i was very disappointed.

I quit this game once at the end of 1.3 because of problems like this, i'm glad when i resub it was only for one month and non recurring because it's obvious from everyone i hear and everything i read that bio/ea has no interest in fixing this just as they show no interst in fixing the "FAIL TO FIRE" bug which was an issue a year ago when i played, and now a whole 1.3-2.3 later and i'm back and the "FAIL TO FIRE" bug still exists, unbelieveable fail is all i can say.

Edited by Khangus

You know that if you don't have the datacrons for BOTH factions you don't get the achievement right?

A bunch of planets are faction specific (Tython/Korriban, Ord Mantell/Hutta, Coruscant/DK). Not mention Imperial Taris/Republic Taris, Imperial Balmoraa/Republic Balmorra. And Tatooine has one specific to each faction. Not sure about Nar Shadda but I think it's the same as Tatooine.

Basically, you don't need 69/67, you need 69/67 + 10/67 for the opposite faction.

This title is attainable, I have it.

Don't use the codex, use the achievements. Each planet has an achievement for the datacrons (two achievements on Balmorra and Taris). Just check your achievements and you will see exactly what is missing.

Also, the Datacron Master achievement itself lists all of the planets, so you can immediately see what you are missing.

tl:dr It's not BW, it's you. Ask for help before you rant.

So i just got the two datacron's on Makeb, and received my +10 end/pre, HOWEVER i got no codex entry's and no "Datacron Master" title, i was very disappointed.

I quit this game once at the end of 1.3 because of problems like this, i'm glad when i resub it was only for one month and non recurring because it's obvious from everyone i hear and everything i read that bio/ea has no interest in fixing this just as they show no interst in fixing the "FAIL TO FIRE" bug which was an issue a year ago when i played, and now a whole 1.3-2.3 later and i'm back and the "FAIL TO FIRE" bug still exists, unbelieveable fail is all i can say.

I suggest you rant, moan, complain and cry about an issue that doesn't actually exist......oh you did.

Title is very much obtainable - you've been told more than once what needs to be done.

But a good moan always makes things better eh?

• 1 month later...
This title is attainable, I have it.

Don't use the codex, use the achievements. Each planet has an achievement for the datacrons (two achievements on Balmorra and Taris). Just check your achievements and you will see exactly what is missing.

Also, the Datacron Master achievement itself lists all of the planets, so you can immediately see what you are missing.

tl:dr It's not BW, it's you. Ask for help before you rant.

AS of yesterday, it is STILL broken, going through Achievements, it shows me missing the 2 Datacrons for Makeb, but I got both of them yesterday, and even got the Makeb Datacron Master Legacy Achievement, but not the Datacron Master Title. I have all the Datacrons including Fleet on all my toons, and this was my first toon to get the Makeb ones, so it should be complete.

So stop calling people stupid, it's CLEARLY broken right now.

AS of yesterday, it is STILL broken, going through Achievements, it shows me missing the 2 Datacrons for Makeb, but I got both of them yesterday, and even got the Makeb Datacron Master Legacy Achievement, but not the Datacron Master Title. I have all the Datacrons including Fleet on all my toons, and this was my first toon to get the Makeb ones, so it should be complete.

Dude, I am not lying to you. I have the title, lots of people do.

So, on your achievements, under Achievements / Location / General / Exploration / Galactic Datacron Master...

Is it showing all of the planets ticked? If not, go to the datacron achievements for the planet it says you don't have. It will show which datacrons you are missing.

And I didn't call you stupid, I suggested something which could help you, but if you don't want to listen to anyone on here, why even post in the forums? It's your call - you can take our suggestions or not. But I got my title and you don't have yours, so maybe you want to take some advice??

Edited by CrazyMcGee

As someone said before, you HAVE to get the Imperial datacrons that are not shared, too. This includes datacrons on Korriban, Hutta, Dromund Kaas, Balmorra and Taris on Imp side. Or Ord Mantell, Tython, Coruscant, Balmorra and Taris on Rep side.

Edited by atschai