PVP Gear

luxforlife

Hey everyone,

I'm soon to have my first 55 and I'm in a dilemma.

I PVP often. More than anything else actually, and so naturally I read most of the threads here on the PVP forum. Many people say that PVP gear is more or less useless in PVP, and that it's much better to use PVE gear because of Bolster.

So I actually want some people to come forward with their ideas and reasons for, that suggest whether it's worth me grinding for a whole lot of PVP gear that will almost be useless anyway.

Help! :confused:

if your some what dedicated pvp gear will come fast and its not useless its like 2% difference over the top pve gear and pvp gear is also way useful no matter where you are. Get ganked watch as you turn around and nub stomp that pve'er and the top pvp gear is useful in SM ops not like it complete garbage its just not as optimal as 69 72 gear. For pvp you will have higher expertise so it will make up the difference a little bit again in warzone the difference is so small that if you are better then the pve'er skill wise you will win. I think the difference was like 40 power and less the a 1% on other stats so your not missing much. Edited by Praiden

optimized conqueror > optimized partisan > un-optimized conqueror > crafted 54 PvE purples > un-optimized partisan

my opinion.

getting optimized partisan doesnt take too long, and imo is the most time effective way to reach peak effectiveness in PvP. once you optimize partisan, you can trade up for conq one piece at a time. i would recommend keeping it optimized with your partisan mods/enhs tho; that way you maintain the secondary/tertiary stats you want.

optimized conqueror > optimized partisan > un-optimized conqueror > crafted 54 PvE purples > un-optimized partisan

my opinion.

getting optimized partisan doesnt take too long, and imo is the most time effective way to reach peak effectiveness in PvP. once you optimize partisan, you can trade up for conq one piece at a time. i would recommend keeping it optimized with your partisan mods/enhs tho; that way you maintain the secondary/tertiary stats you want.

I'm talking about the lv 55 purples that have better stats than conq besides not having expertise. I am hearing that conqueror is better.

Edited by MarkXXIV

my opinion.

pretty much this.

in 72-75 you may get 2-4% more damage 6% more hp, but you have under 1200 expertiese, so you recieve 18% more damage then others.

don't listen to people trying to tell you that pve is a monster in pvp. It isn't. Every one claiming that some guy came in WZ in PVE gear and was destroying them, are bads.

pretty much this.

in 72-75 you may get 2-4% more damage 6% more hp, but you have under 1200 expertiese, so you recieve 18% more damage then others.

don't listen to people trying to tell you that pve is a monster in pvp. It isn't. Every one claiming that some guy came in WZ in PVE gear and was destroying them, are bads.

Exactly this, what is hard to understand. These people are spreading misinformation but hey pls wear your awesome iLevel 72 in WZs so we can make you exploded. All it takes is inspecting a few people in WZs to get it. People are either getting dumber or lazier put a little effort in and figure it out for yourself or look at the best PvP guilds and inspect them. If PvE was BiS they would get the pieces that are needed.

Edited by Avicii

Exactly this, what is hard to understand. These people are spreading misinformation but hey pls wear your awesome iLevel 72 in WZs so we can make you exploded. All it takes is inspecting a few people in WZs to get it. People are either getting dumber or lazier put a little effort in and figure it out for yourself or look at the best PvP guilds and inspect them. If PvE was BiS they would get the pieces that are needed.

Was it me you were referring to when talking about people becoming dumber or lazier and to put a little effort in?

If so; you're on a forum mate. The forums are designed for this sort of thing. I have put effort into looking into things but I figure I might as well find out why other people seem to regard PVP gear as being worse for PVP than PVE GEAR.

I thank everyone for their helpful answers so far. :)

Hey everyone,

I'm soon to have my first 55 and I'm in a dilemma.

I PVP often. More than anything else actually, and so naturally I read most of the threads here on the PVP forum. Many people say that PVP gear is more or less useless in PVP, and that it's much better to use PVE gear because of Bolster.

So I actually want some people to come forward with their ideas and reasons for, that suggest whether it's worth me grinding for a whole lot of PVP gear that will almost be useless anyway.

Help! :confused:

The relevancy of PvP gear has diminished. If you have decent PvE gear you can be viable, but the biggest delta in endgame PvP is new entries showing up with no augments, not even basic ones from lower levels. Augments have no affect on bolster so HP swings can be as much as 6-8k.

Get some Oranges, fill them with as many purples as u can, and augment them with 55 blues.

If you want a more detailed path, tell me you credit balance, crafting profession, and PVE comms accumulated to date.

I started 55 WZs in Makeb purple gear, and while I wasn't smashing people, I was holding my own - and I was being bolstered to around 2010 EXP. My PVE gear is now full 65/68 (can't remember - 28 mods) and I was getting CRUSHED in WZs with my EXP now down under 1200ish IIRC... I'm nearly geared in Partisan gear, with Overkill augments, and both Conquerer Relics and I'm doing much better than I was in the higher PVE gear.... If you've been saving comms correctly, it's not very hard to start out 55 WZs with the full left size with Conquerer relics/Implants and the rest Partisan gear..... You can probably have full gear if you stat on top of the dailies/weeklies in 2 weeks.

pretty much this.

Wow this is pretty bad. So you can get 69's or 72's and be just as strong as a guy with full conq. Bolster brings you up to 2000 expertise regardless of what you are wearing as long as its not the old pvp gear. pve players have it so easy. brb respeccing to a pve player.

Edited by MarkXXIV

Wow this is pretty bad. So you can get 69's or 72's and be just as strong as a guy with full conq. Bolster brings you up to 2000 expertise regardless of what you are wearing as long as its not the old pvp gear. pve players have it so easy. brb respeccing to a pve player.

69's is 1500-1600 expertiese about. nope, it's not 'regardless'.

example, I often see a guy tank jugg in pve tanking gear, he has full 72/75, 1150 expertiese. how does that fit your theory?

unless that was sarcasm :cool:

one thing you did get right is old pvp gear. Battlemaster gear is crap. pve weapon with expertiese crystal doesnt get bolstered.

WH and EWH got changed to PVE gear, which is somehow medicore good for pvp. kinda a sweet spot.

The cookie-cutter dps gearing is typically full conqueror gear except for,

- The level 50 matrix cube, augmented of course.

- 72 rated barrels/hilts in your weapon/offhand

The matrix cube gives full expertise with bolster so you get much higher stat gains overall and the 72 barrels/hilts will give a 10% gain to damage at the cost of ~20 expertise per barrel/hilt.

(If you're a tank or healer, don't use the 72 barrels/hilts since you gain more benefit from the defense and healing percentage of the expertise than the 72 barrel/hilt will give.)

Nailed it.

Depends on the class IMO. For example on my Veng Jugg, because of the +str talent unoptimized Conq gear ( as least as mods are concerned ) is better than optimized Partisan, if only by a breath. Now that same character, Optimized Immortal Partisan is >> Unoptimized Conq Immortal.

Every time I see a thread regarding PvP gearing it gets more confusing than the one before it...

I have a lvl 53 now and I am not sure what to buy once I hit 55. The only thing I am sure of is you need serendipitous conqueror relic. Everything else is mass confusion.

Every time I see a thread regarding PvP gearing it gets more confusing than the one before it...

I have a lvl 53 now and I am not sure what to buy once I hit 55. The only thing I am sure of is you need serendipitous conqueror relic. Everything else is mass confusion.

General Rules of Thumb,

1. If you have decent PVE gear (58+ purples) in a specific slot, don't buy the corresponding PvP piece first.

2. Augment everything with minimum blue 55 main/overkill

my opinion.

Pretty much this.

I'm working optimizing conqueror atm and this is my experience.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.