top arena dps classes

sinfulace

And if anyone looks at this picture and says hey you got out killed so w/e derp derp ha!

We fully wiped them at the first door, took it, then on defense let anyone who got low die to get a free door. Cheap tactic I guess, but w/e.

No, the problem is that guy did mostly fluff AOE damage by the doors, which isn't hard with sweep and PFT.

His biggest hit was 5.5K. That isn't going to even help burst down a guarded cross healer.

The PT DPS was out healed by nearly 2 to 1. There's a healer on the other team with two million! Those healers didnt spend nearly enough time in the med center room, or running all the way back from the attacker spawn.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They're not the classes hard counter, but marauder's do a better job of taking down a sniper in a 4v4 setting than a sniper does to a mara.

Snipers are strong, but they are not, in their current form going to be a suitable DPS for arena's. They need to have some kind of changes, and I don't know what to suggest. (If anyone thinks lethality is going to be good for arena's, ****, it already sucks trying to get mezz caps with those guys, it'll be worse in bigger matches when you accidentaly corr grenade 2 people instead of just one.

Definitely not Lethality. Lethality is actually very bad even in RWZs, but people can't see past the numbers. I'm gonna run Sharpshooter.

Edited by DimeStax

Root, knockback, Roll, Evasion, Hunker Down, Flash, and Diversion are all on relatively low cooldown timers so if I'm on point with my CC rotation and my teammates are even half paying attention, there isn't much you can do.

Flash, Diversion, Roots are all cleansable. Hunker down is useless in arena's when the enemy is losing your casts and you can't do anything so you have to move somehow. Evasion and Shield Probe are both relatively weak CD's, and both are easy to go around (balanced DPS comps will never have two heavy White hitting specs, one of each yellow/white damage should be present). Shield probe, just hit it with light attacks and save burst, then burn after. Root before roll. Stun. w/e.

Fair enough. Do you get what I'm trying to say now? They are a FINE class right now. With arena's, they will need to be changed.

No, the problem is that guy did mostly fluff AOE damage by the doors, which isn't hard with sweep and PFT.

His biggest hit was 5.5K. That isn't going to even help burst down a guarded cross healer.

The PT DPS was out healed by nearly 2 to 1. There's a healer on the other team with two million! Those healers didnt spend nearly enough time in the med center room, or running all the way back from the attacker spawn.

PFT is an AoE version of Cull. Mixed with a smash or two, its almost an instakill on several players. hence, wiping the enemy team quickly.

Flash, Diversion, Roots are all cleansable. Hunker down is useless in arena's when the enemy is losing your casts and you can't do anything so you have to move somehow. Evasion and Shield Probe are both relatively weak CD's, and both are easy to go around (balanced DPS comps will never have two heavy White hitting specs, one of each yellow/white damage should be present). Shield probe, just hit it with light attacks and save burst, then burn after. Root before roll. Stun. w/e.

Fair enough. Do you get what I'm trying to say now? They are a FINE class right now. With arena's, they will need to be changed.

I understand that you think that Snipers/Gunslingers need to be changed. I am saying that they will be just as viable as Marauders/Sentinels in their current form. If we're not going to get anywhere with theory crafting can we just agree to disagree? I'm telling you from first hand experience from playing a Slinger since launch that I don't have many problems with LoS, and I have even fewer problems with LoS when I teammates who are conscious of an enemy player trying to LoS me. You can LoS me all you want, I'll just destroy your friends while you hide. LoS can be a double-edged sword. Sure, you're LoSing me, but sometimes you're also LoSing your team and the rest of the fight so you may as well be CC'd.

Edited by DimeStax

I understand that you think that Snipers/Gunslingers need to be changed. I am saying that they will be just as viable as Marauders/Sentinels in their current form. If we're not going to get anywhere with theory crafting can we just agree to disagree?

I'm telling you, they won't be. There are so many reasons why. They are GREAT in big fights. In small scale fights, they are not great. They are essentially an easy kill, with easy damage to mitigate. If they are changed, and BW see's that, then it will be fine. If not, you may as well shelve them because when they run into AP PT's they crumble up and die on the floor.

I'm telling you, they won't be. There are so many reasons why. They are GREAT in big fights. In small scale fights, they are not great. They are essentially an easy kill, with easy damage to mitigate. If they are changed, and BW see's that, then it will be fine. If not, you may as well shelve them because when they run into AP PT's they crumble up and die on the floor.

It doesn't sound like you've played against many good Snipers :rolleyes:. I've played Slingers since release in every type of PvP situation there is. Trust me, they will be fine.

I understand that you think that Snipers/Gunslingers need to be changed. I am saying that they will be just as viable as Marauders/Sentinels in their current form. If we're not going to get anywhere with theory crafting can we just agree to disagree? I'm telling you from first hand experience from playing a Slinger since launch that I don't have many problems with LoS, and I have even fewer problems with LoS when I teammates who are conscious of an enemy player trying to LoS me. You can LoS me all you want, I'll just destroy your friends while you hide. LoS can be a double-edged sword. Sure, you're LoSing me, but sometimes you're also LoSing your team and the rest of the fight so you may as well be CC'd.

Take your 8v8 wz experience, and throw it out the window.

It means nothing. It doesn't matter if your sniper is amazing in 8v8 warzones, because the dynamic is hugely different.

Smart positioning by the enemy will ensure they LoS you, but do not LoS their healers (and if they're not taking damage, then either way it doesn't matter.

The second you move, you will leapt to, sat on, and killed.

Take your 8v8 wz experience, and throw it out the window.

It means nothing. It doesn't matter if your sniper is amazing in 8v8 warzones, because the dynamic is hugely different.

Smart positioning by the enemy will ensure they LoS you, but do not LoS their healers (and if they're not taking damage, then either way it doesn't matter.

The second you move, you will leapt to, sat on, and killed.

Apparently you think arenas are going to entail both teams staying in one place the entire time and not moving.

It doesn't sound like you've played against many good Snipers :rolleyes:. I've played Slingers since release in every type of PvP situation there is. Trust me, they will be fine.

I guarantee that the snipers I've played against are better than you, I'm on the same server as you. I can name 4-5 off the top of my head that are better, guaranteed.

I guarantee that the snipers I've played against are better than you, I'm on the same server as you. I can name 4-5 off the top of my head that are better, guaranteed.

I can name the same Snipers that you THINK are better than me, and I can assure you they're not because you haven't seen me play and I know this because I haven't played my Slinger consistently in about 7 months.

Edited by DimeStax

Apparently you think arenas are going to entail both teams staying in one place the entire time and not moving.

Funnily enough, that's exactly what snipers do.

They are the class that is babysat in the backline.

I can name the same Snipers that you THINK are better than me, and I can assure you they're not because you haven't seen me play and I know this because I haven't played my Slinger consistently in about 7 months.

So, you haven't played the class consistently at the highest level of competition of 7 months. Yet, you're better than Teacher, Fat'nerd, Notvullesh? Yeah?

Pretty sick man, you are prolly the best player in the whole world.

Funnily enough, that's exactly what snipers do.

They are the class that is babysat in the backline.

These type of expectations from your Snipers might explain why your guild is considered to be ranked 6th(?) on our server in PvP.

LoS doesn't mean hiding. It means pop in to break cast, then pop out, cast, and then pop in. The purpose of LoS is to break the damage burst, not hiding and not do anything.

Sharpshooter suffers the worst from LoS break in all 3 specs. Because it is a burst spec. Once the damage combo is broken by LoS, then it is not burst anymore. Skilled Op healers and Jugs are the worst matches for Sharpshooters, and they are in abundance. Because Sharpshooters can't burst these guys down with their cooldowns up. Op healers can pop in and out of LoS and HoT, and can pop dodge to migitate the burst. Jug got saber reflect and saber deflect to mitigate burst.

In WZs, powerful cooldowns are balanced with longer cooldowns. In arenas, more powerful cooldowns are actually better because cooldown timer is not much of a factor. Unless arenas are best 2 out of 3 or 3 out of 5, or something. Right now, it is hard to see Snipers/Gunslingers in top teams. If they do, you can come back and tell us "in your face!"

These type of expectations from your Snipers might explain why your guild is considered to be ranked 6th(?) on our server in PvP.

You realize that we would be ranked 3rd, behind MvP and Don't Panic right?

The only two teams we have losing records against are those two on this server.

We have a pretty wide winning record over Synergy.

Edited by Treblt

So, you haven't played the class consistently at the highest level of competition of 7 months. Yet, you're better than Teacher, Fat'nerd, Notvullesh? Yeah?

Pretty sick man, you are prolly the best player in the whole world.

I didn't say I was better than them, I simply said they weren't better than me. I haven't dueled them so I can't say that I'm better than them, but from playing against them numerous times I can tell you that if I'm not better then we're more or less equal.

I didn't say I was better than them, I simply said they weren't better than me. I haven't dueled them so I can't say that I'm better than them, but from playing against them numerous times I can tell you that if I'm not better then we're more or less equal.

You think 1v1's against a mirror class mean anything in regards to skill?

Nah, you're bad, I've been trolled, I'm out.

Nice try to troll though, twas good until that last bit.

4 Balance Sages > all !!!

4x pull

4x Knockback

4x Mental Alactrity granting interupt immunity and 50% speedbonus

30% dmg reduction while stunned

4x Bubble + Offheals

4x ForceBarrier

4x Lift

4x 30m snare

4x 30 m 2sec root

every dot crit healing for 500+hp

insta Selfheal critting for 7k

insta 30m Internal AoE Force Potency 4x6k FIB Spike

if you ever got focused by 2 Balance sages...u know what im talking about.... getting focused by 4 ....is unhealable and unguardable

LoS doesn't mean hiding. It means pop in to break cast, then pop out, cast, and then pop in. The purpose of LoS is to break the damage burst, not hiding and not do anything.

Sharpshooter suffers the worst from LoS break in all 3 specs. Because it is a burst spec. Once the damage combo is broken by LoS, then it is not burst anymore. Skilled Op healers and Jugs are the worst matches for Sharpshooters, and they are in abundance. Because Sharpshooters can't burst these guys down with their cooldowns up. Op healers can pop in and out of LoS and HoT, and can pop dodge to migitate the burst. Jug got saber reflect and saber deflect to mitigate burst.

In WZs, powerful cooldowns are balanced with longer cooldowns. In arenas, more powerful cooldowns are actually better because cooldown timer is not much of a factor. Unless arenas are best 2 out of 3 or 3 out of 5, or something. Right now, it is hard to see Snipers/Gunslingers in top teams. If they do, you can come back and tell us "in your face!"

Did you know that all except 1 of Sharpshooters biggest burst attacks are 2 seconds or less? Trickshot and Quickdraw, the two abilities most responsible for our heavy burst, are instant cast, Aimed Shot if procced right is 2 second cast, and Series of Shots our second strongest attack is a channeled ability that begins doing damage immediately but finishes in less than 2.5 seconds. As a Sharpshooter I can cast 50% of my abilities while moving, and they're a part of my burst rotation. Not sure how you think I need to be sitting still to do damage.

My only conclusion is you haven't paid enough attention to the good Sharpshooters you've played against to realize how mobile they actually are.

Edited by DimeStax

Did you know that all except 1 of Sharpshooters biggest burst attacks are 2 seconds or less? Trickshot and Quickdraw, the two abilities most responsible for our heavy burst, are instant cast, Aimed Shot if procced right is 2 second cast, and Series of Shots our second strongest attack is a channeled ability that begins doing damage immediately but finishes in less than 2.5 seconds. As a Sharpshooter I can cast 50% of my abilities while moving, and they're a part of my burst rotation. Not sure how you think I need to be sitting still to do damage.

My only conclusion is you haven't paid enough attention to the good Sharpshooters you've played against to realize how mobile they actually are.

That's the problem though! They can be mobile, but as SOON as they are mobile they will get killed! What do you not get about that man? Any of the teams that will become top tier in arena's will spot that, and kill it.

The problem with slingers is that they have no real escape mechanism when they are mobile, because in 8v8's it would be overpowered if it existed in that state.

In smaller scale, if you can't escape under your own heat (remember, your healers/tanks may be stunned/mezzed), then you are boned. And if you think the CD's/roll that slinger has are good enough, think again. Roll is null & void with a smart stun or root ahead of time. Which a good team will do. It does not matter how good you are at your slinger, it is in its current state not going to be a good dpser for high level arena's, its very simple.

Edited by Treblt