Arena Compositions

Bluntis

Hey everyone,

With arenas on the way, I have been thinking of all the possible comps that I might want to run with when they come out (hoping that they implement it the same way they did for rated warzones, where you aren’t restricted to a particular team), and what might be the best when arenas are first implemented. Of course there are going to be certain team makeups that are going to be dominant in this style of PvP, but I’d like to see some input as to what you guys are planning on running when this is implemented into the game. Get creative!

I assume the vast majority of teams will be two DPS, a tank and a healer (crossing my fingers that stalemate teams don’t become popular), but I guess we’ll have to wait and see.

PS. Arenas are coming, whether you like it or not. Please don’t turn this thread into a whine fest about how arenas are a terrorist organization put in place to destroy SWTOR as we know it. If you would like to discuss that, let me redirect you to this thread.

Cheers

I'm curious to see if any dot comps come out. I always enjoyed shadowplay or LSD 2.0 in wow, watching all of the dots slowly overwhelm the enemy healer. Maybe Madness sorc, lethality sniper/operative, tank, and heals. An operative or sorc healer could throw in some more dots.

A few of my guildies and I discussed an all stealth team, just for the lulz.

Something like:

Tank Sin/Shadow

Deception Sin / Infil Shadow

Scrapper Scoundrel / Concealment Op

Heal Scouperative

Honestly, this would be a pretty good comp. Especially since it would be feasible to KO their healer (with three stealthers popping out at once with backstab) before anyone else could react (granted, teams would be ready for this and try to counter it)

But as for a more serious comp, I think something like:

Smasher Sentinel/Mara

Healer Scouperative

Tank Jugg / Guard

The fourth DPS could be either a Combat Sent / Carnage Mara or a Sniper.

A few of my guildies and I discussed an all stealth team, just for the lulz.

Something like:

Tank Sin/Shadow

Deception Sin / Infil Shadow

Scrapper Scoundrel / Concealment Op

Heal Scouperative

I've thought about this as well although I don't have a stealth class. It would be pretty frustrating to play against :p

Edited by Bluntis

My guild and I would probably roll with something like this:

Jugg tank/PT tank depending on availability.

DPS Merc (that'd be me)

Carnage Mara or DPS Sin

Healing Op or Sorc, depending on availability.

I would also consider going Bodyguard with my merc every once in awhile. We're probably the tankiest healers, and since we're excellent at single target healing, we're nearly built for arenas. I doubt any Corruption sorc will take Reviv for arenas. I'd also like to toy around with Lethality on my Op, since I love that spec, and the cull burst, dots and instant heal is very appealing.

Edited by mandoforlife

If arenas are purely kill based, it is feasible for an all stealth team to just coordinate vanishes when they're in trouble, wait, and pop out when CDs are back up. They could take turns healing in corners while others sapped. It would be kinda cheesy, but could be effective if done right. Edited by Andrew_Past

GREAT....................I only hope that there aren't certain classes or certain trees within who won't get to try the new arena because they aren't FLAVOUR OF THE MONTH.............it happened in wow and to be honest was terrible so lets see how it unfolds.

If arenas are purely kill based, it is feasible for an all stealth team to just coordinate vanishes when they're in trouble, wait, and pop out when CDs are back up. They could take turns healing in corners while others sapped. It would be kinda cheesy, but could be effective if done right.

Ummm.... Just no.

My guild and I would probably roll with something like this:

Jugg tank/PT tank depending on availability.

DPS Merc (that'd be me)

Carnage Mara or DPS Sin

Healing Op or Sorc, depending on availability.

I would also consider going Bodyguard with my merc every once in awhile. We're probably the tankiest healers, and since we're excellent at single target healing, we're nearly built for arenas. I doubt any Corruption sorc will take Reviv for arenas. I'd also like to toy around with Lethality on my Op, since I love that spec, and the cull burst, dots and instant heal is very appealing.

Yep, but many say mandos will be bad in arenas... Though I don't think so. With EN we can keep the enemy mara (trust me, it'll be a maraudering crowd of marauders) of the healer, and still have nice burst. Even if mobility is in the thrasher, we'll still be more mobile than the snipers (lots and lots of LOS on the maps). So after all, we're pretty set :D

Just need to find a guild :p

0/31/15 assassins X4

Wait till the ennemy team stack then open with 4 death field follwed by discharge and shock and see how quickly the ennemy team drop.

If the ennemy team is retarded (like 90% of the pugs) it will be an instan kill for at least 2 of them. If the ennemy premade is not that good (like a lot of ranked players carried by their team) it will be instant death for at least one of them.

These team comps could be heavily affected by how the maps play. Some maps may favor ranged while others favor melee. Any maps that have multiple levels with overlooks will favor ranged. Pretending maps don't effect the class choices a team with several stealth capable members and members with positioning tools like push/pull would be good.

Shadow Tank/DPS

Scoundrel Heals

Guardian DPS/Tank

Gunslinger DPS

Concealment OP

Concealment OP

Concealment OP

Concealment OP

Win

I feel the same about 4 deception, like double CC then can split 2 guys on heal 2 guys on a dps, BOOM dead theres no stoping 2 sins full burst on yourself while stunned. Cloak, kill the next 2. Would need the perfect coordination team to truly counter this as we can go from 15m-0m in a heartbeat, which would negate any time to attempt to counter.

would go double CC on tank/dps, lets say they CC break (at which point the other 2 have been spiked, as soon as they CC break, 2 people electrocute them now there is 4 seconds of dealth raining down (on top of what the 2 sins who didnt turn to electrocute have done), now with 2 decpetion bursting the target chosen is Dead end of story within 3gcd, so that kills the heal/dps, cloak to reset burst then repete.

theres obviously counters and what not but with speed and quickness i could see it being a violent strategy, remmber 2 sins would be 8k 9k so 17k each in 2 attacks (puts below 30%) double assasinate, they dead. 2 are dead cloak and switch.