The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Someone ninja'd the new mount

Ayelinna

That wasn't a mistake.

The group leader advertised that the ops would have a round robin loot rule.

The group leader then changed the loot rules mid fight... i didn't know you were allowed to do this. I guess its my fault for not knowing people can ninja the gear by changing loot rules mid fight?

The group leader advertised that the OPS would be round robin, and you trusted him when he said this. Trusting the group leader was a mistake, in this case. That does not mean it is your fault.

The group leader is at fault in this case. Neither BW nor the rest of the group can know that the group leader is going to be a jackwagon.

Could it be changed to disallow loot rule changes in combat? Yes. Should it be? That's debatable. It is impossible to protect the player base from every possible situation. Sometimes the player base has to assume some responsibility.

That said, this mount is nothing but virtual pixels. Is it worth getting this worked up over virtual pixels? Are they THAT important?

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

The leader changed to master loot about 10 seconds before we took down Xeno HM.

They changed the loot rules during combat, and the mount dropped and they took it for themselves.

All 15 people in the raid were pretty annoyed.

Well done Bioware.

inbefore "make your own group". Oh I will with one of my alts.

Report the players...don't shame and blame on the forums.

For all we know, you're just trying to troll us.

No I think KIlora wants to force his/her opinions on me even more

If someone is attempting to force their opinion on you, is the best choice not to respond? Not to acknowledge it? Instead of letting him piss you off?

That said, this is the most ridiculous argument I've read at this point.

They changed the loot rules during combat, and the mount dropped and they took it for themselves.

Well done Bioware.

Dont blame Bioware.

Its not their fault there are people like that in the game.

Just have to be carefully who you group up with...

and if it come down to the worst "join a guild and do the runs with them"

You know the risks of pugs. It's your choice to participate. Just like any other dangerous activity, if you know the risks, and decide to do it anyway; it's your fault.

Well i join a pug on the given terms the raid leader and i agree with. If he is changing the rules within the raid you should be able to a) dissagree and if he is not changing his mind b) leave or c) take action as a group. At the end of the raid and in the situation he describes nothing of that is possible. It is easy they should only be able to change this before they started the fight. If the fight is over the boss can be looted the way it was set before the fight began.

Again the sole reason for loot master was to prevent ninja looters useing need on everything. And it is very easy to prevent raid leaders from doing this. Make a vote for it. That way majority decides and it is much harder to do this.

The group leader advertised that the OPS would be round robin, and you trusted him when he said this. Trusting the group leader was a mistake, in this case. That does not mean it is your fault.

The group leader is at fault in this case. Neither BW nor the rest of the group can know that the group leader is going to be a jackwagon.

Could it be changed to disallow loot rule changes in combat? Yes. Should it be? That's debatable. It is impossible to protect the player base from every possible situation. Sometimes the player base has to assume some responsibility.

That said, this mount is nothing but virtual pixels. Is it worth getting this worked up over virtual pixels? Are they THAT important?

They are important enough for people to spent hundrets of dollars on them and change the whole design of a game to make more money. So yes if they are worth real money they are also worth the time someone put into the game.

Edited by chuuuuucky

Hi there!

As you may have noticed, we have removed a significant number of posts from this thread, and we would like to remind everyone of the rules of conduct in the forums.

• No insults, name calling, or personal attacks
  • Please stay on topic.
  • Please express your opinion and thoughts in a constructive, respectful manner.
  • If someone violates the Rules of Conduct, please flag it instead of replying to it.
  • Keep in mind that everyone has different viewpoints. Just because someone disagrees with you doesn't mean they're trolling. If you believe someone is being disruptive, please use the Flag function to report their post.

That being said, we ask that you please keep your posts civil, on topic and respectful otherwise we will have to close this thread.

Thanks!

YOU ARE talking in terms of software, sweetie. Or, did you forget that you are playing a video game that IS software?

I'm not talking in terms of software < clear enough for you?

Your arguments are now entirely invalid. Have a good day.

Well done Bioware.

Interesting, I did this with master loot on from the beginning and nobody had any quarrels (PUG). Guess you just got a selfish leader.

I'm not talking in terms of software < clear enough for you?

Your arguments are now entirely invalid. Have a good day.

You are talking about software. You cannot possibly be talking about it in terms of anything else.

The loot system is software. You claim it is being exploited. It isn't. You've been told now by numerous people AND a dev that you are wrong.

Everything that you write is invalid. Have a SUPER day.

Edited by Kilora

Hello Ayelinna,

After speaking with our developers about this topic, I can confirm that this is not an exploit or even a bug. To prevent confusion, we're closing this thread.

LOL. Well there you go.