Is there any way to get back a deleted character?

RowanWatkins

File a ticket. Be intelligent and polite. You'll get them recovered. I brought back my operative and jugg I deleted shortly after launch just recently. Don't listen to the poster above me, they are wrong.

Actually...you are both right depending on the CS rep you get. CS at Bioware/EA is terribad and it depends solely on your luck in reaching a sympathetic ear. I can see why the above poster responded the way he did because that was the response he got. Consider yourself lucky because several of my guildies got the same response he did...a resounding hell no.

Actually...you are both right depending on the CS rep you get. CS at Bioware/EA is terribad and it depends solely on your luck in reaching a sympathetic ear. I can see why the above poster responded the way he did because that was the response he got. Consider yourself lucky because several of my guildies got the same response he did...a resounding hell no.

No. Once a character is deleted it is gone like in most games. The best you can hope for is to make a ticket and see if BW can restore it, but your chances are pretty slim.

Not true. OP, submit a ticket. Tell them you made a mistake. Soon you will have your character back. I have had more characters restored than I care to admit to and the service has been polite and prompt every single time.

Edited by TheBBP

Not true. OP, submit a ticket. Tell them you made a mistake. Soon you will have your character back. I have had more characters restored than I care to admit to and the service has been polite and prompt every single time.

/Agree.

While I have not personally asked for a deleted character back, I have a friend in game that has and was successful, and I have seen more then one post in the forum saying they also were successful.

The key is to be accurate, AND polite in your request. If you provide inaccurate or incomplete information, or are vague, demanding, or rude...expect to get eye-rolled on the other end. You need their assistance, it is in your best interests to facilitate a smooth request. :)

Edited by Andryah

I accidentally deleted my main character (I really wish they'd make you type the character's name as part of the confirmation process) a couple of weeks after the game launched and back then they didn't have the technology to restore them yet so it took about 3 weeks to get him back.

If I'd known it was going to take so long, I'd have just started over but I understand that most restores take less than a week now.

Submit a ticket and wait patiently.

Thx im preffered now so should i sub and send a ticket?
I don't see that it matters but just like said above just request him back on a ticket and you will get him back but no I don't see it matters if your preferred or a subscriber .

Good Luck ;)

If you are going to do it better make it soon. No way to recover it if your name gets used by the system again by another player.

Nah, I'm fairly sure they keep all of his character's data in some directory/database/whatever that's under his account ID - he'd just have to rename the character.

As others have said before, go ahead and make a ticket - politely explain the situation, and chances are good you'll get your restore.

Back during the server merges I accidentally deleted a character as well, and they managed to restore it too.

Edited by Callaron

If you are going to do it better make it soon. No way to recover it if your name gets used by the system again by another player.
That's not true.

When your character gets restored and there's a name conflict, it comes back with a random name and you're forced to rename it before you can play it.

That's not true.

When your character gets restored and there's a name conflict, it comes back with a random name and you're forced to rename it before you can play it.

It comes back with a random "WUNNGOSERBGSTEWR" type of name every time whether or not the original name is available. When you delete your character, everything is saved except the name.

It comes back with a random "WUNNGOSERBGSTEWR" type of name every time whether or not the original name is available. When you delete your character, everything is saved except the name.
Good to know.

I'd only done it once and I had pretty much given up on ever getting it back and started over with the same name when it magically reappeared one day so I just assumed that it was because the name existed and not because that was part of the restore process.

Seems to me like that would be a cheap way of circumventing the rename fee... delete your character, put in a restore request, wait a few days to get it back and then give it a new name when you get it.

I'm a little surprised they don't have a policy about how many item/character restorations you can have done in a set amount of time as well as a time limit on how far back they'll go to restore a character.

Good to know.

I'd only done it once and I had pretty much given up on ever getting it back and started over with the same name when it magically reappeared one day so I just assumed that it was because the name existed and not because that was part of the restore process.

Seems to me like that would be a cheap way of circumventing the rename fee... delete your character, put in a restore request, wait a few days to get it back and then give it a new name when you get it.

I'm a little surprised they don't have a policy about how many item/character restorations you can have done in a set amount of time as well as a time limit on how far back they'll go to restore a character.

There might be a policy now that they sell renames. I have not had a character restored since before then.

As far as I know, you have to be a subscriber to make tickets.

Yes.

So in this case, you could first try submitting the online help form or contact CS directly by email or phone, unless you feel it's easy enough to just re-sub for the month to send a ticket (honestly that DOES sound like less of a hassle to me) ;)