More game crashes than normal...just me?

sandyrocks

The client has crashed A LOT this last week. Oh yeah, tried repair etc. 2 diff. machines though so it's not my end.

Yes, but if the machines have the same software on them, which I'm assuming they do, then all you've proven is that it's not a hardware problem.

You do not have a pc problem....indeed I can confirm that there is something changed since last update that is causing lots of crashes. I can confirm this because My wife and I both play and both have epic computer systems that are very well kept up....and we both have been crashing like crazy lately. It is more than likely an issue between a change they made and our video card, this occurs more often than you would think. Hopefully they will implement a fix on this next patch.

I have never crashed until this last week. It was only like 2 or 3 times and it was while zoning. Not a biggy, just saying that it never happened to me before and now it does rarely, since the last week.

I haven't crashed while opening the mailbox in a while as I just realized so I would say there are fewer crashes. The audio bug is still here and is a very reliable daily thing after more than a year. Edited by Aelaias

It is more than likely an issue between a change they made and our video card, this occurs more often than you would think. Hopefully they will implement a fix on this next patch.

Definitely first thing you want to do is check your GPU driver. Last patch starting introducing "lag" issues and disconnects, including the game closing and dropping me to desktop. Updated driver over the weekend and now I can crank up the graphic quality again to full without a problem.

The thing about these kinds of crash issues, they can be hard to diagnose as there are so many variables which can cause problems.

I'll say it keeps crashing about the same as before, so it is fine.

I have however noticed that unlike in the past, now game exists to server menu and very often will exit completely either immediately or after attempting to click the 'next' button. This behaviour was not observed before where game would remain in server menu allowing you to join the server again. or at least attempt to join.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.