Give Free to Play trade!

shonenjumpstyle

Well, I recently rolled a new character (a Jedi Sage) and was doing a run of the Esseles. The guy I was playing with was a F2Player. He was level 18, but apparently it was his first time doing a Flashpoint and he didn't understand the rules of Need/Greed. We found an Esseles Consular Robe, the main thing I was after in that flashpoint, but he ended up picking need with me. I asked him about it and he said he didn't mean to and he would give it to me, but then a window popped up saying I could not trade with free players. Normally I would be fine with this sort of thing, but it has happened to me several times before and it is starting to bother me. The free to players are willing to give the stuff that fits your class, but they can't mail or trade or anything with it so they just end up with a piece of gear unsuitable for their class and whoever needed the gear but didn't get it is left feeling sad because they missed a good piece of gear. If there really needs to be a trade restriction on them, just don't let them trade credits or something.

Sounds fair. I was F2P not too long ago and being on the other side, I felt awful. I agree with the credits too, but gear that has been rolled should be tradable among the party regardless of status.

No, since this would increase the amount of China Farmers and other scum.

Just add a mechanic that you can only NEED something that actually has stats your class - or even your AC can use

(Willpower + Defense only for Assasins/Shadows, Strength only war Warriors/Knights) others simply cant click need on this gear.

Edit: The problem usually is not that they did it "by accident". Most of the time they just need everything they can and dont reply after you ask them firmly to give the item to someone who actually needs it.

Edited by Dragores

I would be in favor of the following compromise:

Allow ALL players (regardless of account status) to trade items that were dropped within an instance (H4, FP, OP) as long as the group is not disbanded.

Keep the restriction to not allow F2P to trade items or money outside of the above case.