Why people think healers are Op

General_Aldo

The heals are not the core od the problem, but tank plus healer combo is. It's too easy to achive right now, and without a hard counter to break guard or smt only smashers are good against it. This needs a bit of reworking ;) Edited by szczypaczek

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think bigger issue is 2 or 3 healers per team in regular wzs, (not playing rwz), so maybe it is a good idea to somehow limit numbers of healers per wz. I play sage dps and have no problem to kill healers with help of at least one good dps. Rwz are obviously different because of great support healers got from team, but thats the point - teamwork and u can counter it only with grate teamwork on your side. Just my opinion :D

overpowered or not, all i know is that playing in 55 wzs (non ranked) is just about the most boring thing to do for me after 2.0. The most fun WZs are the ones where people actually die, which causes ebbs and flows throughout the wz, which makes WZs exciting and fun, at least for me. In todays WZs, its just a circle jerk in front of an objective, with 2+ healers running around, and dps out of rage/energy/snared/cc'd/etc that are attempting to focus/separate/capture a node.

I may not be in the majority, but I find pre-55 WZs so much more fun these days. Less healers that are not geared to the max and don't have all their defs/rolls/etc. Plus the unrelated/added benefit of less premades. I have 17 chars, 8 of which are 55, but as i rotate through my dailies, i'm finding it more and more fun to park those 55's and just play my pre-55s, or start a new character and level strictly via pvp to prolong the journey to get to the god-awful 55 wz balancing..

I think bigger issue is 2 or 3 healers per team in regular wzs, (not playing rwz), so maybe it is a good idea to somehow limit numbers of healers per wz.

Then you would have to disable warzone re-spec'ing and limit how many of the other ac's there are allowed in each match as well. You could use something like the groupfinder queue and lock out re-specs upon accepting the warzone, but then you run into the issue of people picking the wrong role/a role they are not spec'ed for.

One of the biggest issues right now is one of the three healing ac's is too strong (scoundrel/ops) due to the un-interrupt-able instant heals, lack of the need to actually manage their resources with the absolutely trivial cost of their main healing tool of probes, and their multiple escapes. Increasing the cost of probes and adding a short cd to lol-roll would *help*. Scoundrels/ops don't have a target limited heal either- Changing emergency medpac/surgical probe to 'allied/friendly targets' only (not usable on themselves much like hammershot/rapid shot healing is limited to others for mandos/mercs and unnatural pres is limited to self-only for sage/sorcs) would force them to hard cast heals on themselves and be subject to interrupts and actually managing their resources.

If Scoundrel/Operative and Sage/Sorc were brought on Commando/Mercenary level. Then healing would be where it should be at.

If you do that than those PVE players wouldn't want to join WZs anymore. :cool:

They need a boost to be competitive against PvPers :eek:

Edited by Asturias

Lolz, keep trolling.

Guys, heads up... lots of people die, even in ranked.

Hey, if I was a scoundrel/operative healer. I wouldn't want a nerf either. Thing is, I have one. They are very OP compared to sage/sorc and Mando/Merc. You can't say without lying that Operative/Scoundrel need something to be tuned down

Rage spec was, and in some sense still is, an accumulative problem. One smasher is fine. Three on the same team, not so much.

While healing in general suffers from the same thing, operative healing, specifically, isnt like that. A game can be ruined by just one of them. This doesnt apply to a sorc/sage healer and obviously not for mercs/commandos. The easiest solution would be to simply fix their energy management so that they can't fling their crap without consequences but then we'd have an angry PvE mob coming in here and saying that it would ruin it for PvE healers. That PvE mob would be wrong because PvE healing doesnt rely on the type of free emergency heals used in PvP but just for the sake of argument we'll say that it does. So that leaves us with having to change how operative healing works . In other words, the hots needs to be replaced by channeled (active) abilties...which ultimately turns it into a commando/merc healer with stealth. I guess another alternative would be to make it so that emergency medpacks give either stealth or the roll a lockout, those two arent crucial for end-game PvE but would result in that the operative can't both escape and heal to full in PvP. So it's basically a lose-lose scenario but I rather see one class/spec take a hit than having horrible warzones.

Edited by MidichIorian