Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Aug Pre Orders

mikeasic

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

8/8 - They officially said they would make it past july. I don't know if that is a tricky way of saying nobody in august gets in tomorrow or not. I hope I get in tomorrow, but i'm not going to be shocked if I don't

They also officially said they would get into the next month. So it means, at the very least some people from Aug will get in.

To quote to official statement:

You'll see people who have pre-ordered later than July getting invites.

Source: http://www.swtor.com/community/showpost.php?p=66561&postcount=6438

It's not cryptic, seeing people who have pre-orders later than July getting invites tomorrow means months after July, namely Aug and maybe September.

Edited by ruktuim

Ya they stole your preorder fee so you could sit their and watch your email till the 19th.

Only reason for a Preorder is Automatic beta access or early start in game. You don't get beta or early access for SWTOR preorder. So please explain what was the point or taking more of my money for Preorder? Oh thats right so I would sit here reading your forums and listening to my guild mates play in vent. Will never preorder another EA or BW game EVER. Their is no point I would rather of waiting till the 20th and not spent the extra money to sit here waiting on a fraking email.

I really hope your post doesn't actually change anyone's opinion.

You DON'T pay extra to pre-order. You pay a deposit to preorder, and that deposit goes towards the final purchase.

And pre-order was never about beta or early access. Pre-order has already been about guaranteeing having the game vs sold-out. EGA and beta are just perks that some games offer, not all, and not the default.

Well the numbers for retailers (box copies) were:

end of July : 119,260

end og august: 359,782

end of september: 463,513

The total preorders were close to 939,000 box copies so today it looks like they let in about 12-13% of total preorders.

If they keep up that rate then end of august probably won't get in until Thursday.

This is assuming online/European orders followed approximately the same timeline for preorder purchases.

info : http://www.vgchartz.com/preorders/40818/USA/

edit: oh yeah August 26 here.

Edited by dandamanno

got it registered 8/2 thanks to bio ware web site problems

no invite

Same here. I preorder the moment they were available. But that doesn't matter for EGa because the retailers decided when I could enter my code. Oh, and Bioware's faulty website didn't let me login for awhile even after I got the code.:(

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.