Odd request...fishing please?

MahneWarrior

I was wondering, could we get a fishing skill or something. I hate fishing in real life, blasted nature, but I enjoy it in game, I still enjoy fishing in FFXI, WoW, and I plan to fish in FFXIV ARR. It would be awesome to fish in TOR, just for fun. I would not mind kicking back and relaxing fishing, killing some poor soul that tries to gank me, the norm.

Fishing FTW.

Can't you just stand near some water and do nothing, pretending to be fishing?

Seriously, if a dev would devote even 5 minutes into coding "fishing", before we got minigames like pazaak (for which bioware already got the code!) and podracing and wookiee hunting, I would be really disturbed.

I was wondering, could we get a fishing skill or something.

Now that you mentioned it, I realise that I miss fishing in TOR as well. How could they have not put it into the game yet?! Sarlacc-fishing on Tatooine for example.

Does fishing exist in Star Wars?

Either way, it'd be great if we could get some minigames added to the game.

Probably does, on terrestrial worlds and worlds with lots of water wih fish, there is not rewason for not going fishing. It just is not portrayed in many SW works, because it is considered a pretty boring task :)

Anyway, OP, we have the Seeker Droid, which is basically fishing stuff from the ground in certain areas (just like fishing from water, you can only fish when near water).

Can't you just stand near some water and do nothing, pretending to be fishing?

Seriously, if a dev would devote even 5 minutes into coding "fishing", before we got minigames like pazaak (for which bioware already got the code!) and podracing and wookiee hunting, I would be really disturbed.

come on, why all the wookie hate? You don't do them justice :(

Fearsome vicious fighter, yet fluffy. PLUS, no yackety-yak, only incomprehensible tone.. after all my female Jediknight is through with this pest called Doc, this counts in my book.

Doc: "how did you accomplished ANYTHING before I entered your life, my sweetheart?"

Response: suppressed urge to kill

Bowdaar: "Grrrrgrroargrrgrrrgrrrrr....groar"

Response: whatever you say, buddie

The peace..... :D

come on, why all the wookie hate? You don't do them justice :(

Correction... I am not allowed to do them justice, as I play mostly on the republic side.

I do love the FP Cademimu and the OP Karaggas Palace, as in both I am allowed to slaughter one Wookiee... my guild even stands down in KP and allows me (healer) to kill that wookiee guard all on my own... Ahhh... how refreshing.

Seriously, nothing makes me more relaxed and in tune with the force than spilling wookiee blood.

And why?

1. the most famouse wookiee in StarWars is a "master" mechanic, who is to dumb to put a droids head looking in the right direction and who disassembles a starships drive in the face of attack.

2. the same most famouse wookiee in StarWars is cheating at games (Hint: "let the wookiee win")

3. stillt he same most famous wookiee in StarWars is dumb enough to fall for a net-trap laid out by stoneage pelt bears 1/5th his size. Truely some master hunter that one is ... :rolleyes:

4. Wookiee were allowed to join the empire in SWG.

5. Wookiee were allowed to become an officer in SWG.

6. Wookiee stink !

Correction... I am not allowed to do them justice, as I play mostly on the republic side.

I do love the FP Cademimu and the OP Karaggas Palace, as in both I am allowed to slaughter one Wookiee... my guild even stands down in KP and allows me (healer) to kill that wookiee guard all on my own... Ahhh... how refreshing.

Seriously, nothing makes me more relaxed and in tune with the force than spilling wookiee blood.

And why?

1. the most famouse wookiee in StarWars is a "master" mechanic, who is to dumb to put a droids head looking in the right direction and who disassembles a starships drive in the face of attack.

2. the same most famouse wookiee in StarWars is cheating at games (Hint: "let the wookiee win")

3. stillt he same most famous wookiee in StarWars is dumb enough to fall for a net-trap laid out by stoneage pelt bears 1/5th his size. Truely some master hunter that one is ... :rolleyes:

6. Wookiee stink !

Tyvokka

Wookies win!!!

Wookie Fishermen! Let us do it make it happen!

You mean using a wookiee as bait to catch a real large fish? Sounds reasonable.... but what lake or ocean would still harbor life after you throw a wookiee in it?

And why?

6. Wookiee stink !

ok the "not allowed to do them justice"-thing was really mean! I suspected as much regarding Cademimu... Poor wookie going boom!, over and over and over again! :(

But there is still some hope becoming you and well, them, best friends, since I believe now in one big misunderstanding.

To correspond to 1., well, sensitive as he was, sensing big time pressure on his comrades, with enemies all over the place etc. he went for some good old practical jokes as kind of stress reliever. Too bad no one had his fine taste of humor in the aforementioned incidents.

Second shows his respect to traditions (cheating in spaceship vessels in combat-like situations) no one can blame him for. Really.

Third, ragged out from battle, constantly fighting, every hero must eat from time to time. At least he didn't salvage some of his more exchangable comrades. Always so nice and obliging!

Ok I cannot counter four and five, but the fact, that a wookie can rip anyones arm out of their socket whilst looking dashing in their silky fur, MUST count for something. And sixthly, dog shampoos see to that.

So next visit on Cademimu, you shake hands with Grimyk, amirite? ;)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.