The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

The REAL Most Powerful Sith

Beniboybling

Another fact overlooked and ridiculously forgotten, is the fact that Bane was basically indestructable. A fight between Bane and Malgus would be great to watch, but it would equate to this...

...Bane would charge against Malgus and steamroll him like a speeding peterbuilt hitting a deer.

Bane in his prime is not in his orbalisks.

• Replies 722
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Traya never cared for their order either, but I guess it's different because at one point in time she was a sith, when Nihilus never really was...

So by this logic, nihilus should be placed in a category with entities like abeloth lol.

Another fact overlooked and ridiculously forgotten, is the fact that Bane was basically indestructable. A fight between Bane and Malgus would be great to watch, but it would equate to this...

...Bane would charge against Malgus and steamroll him like a speeding peterbuilt hitting a deer.

I'd say Bane's the superior duelist, but Malgus has a pretty clear edge in Force Power.

I'd second Aurbere's recommendation of Krayt for #7 - he almost matched Malgus' output pre-death and when resurrected his powers supposedly increased considerably - which I feel solidifies his position.

Now there is the question of Darth Traya, but in the end more esoteric and difficult to defend against powers are inferior to raw outbursts of power in this respect.

I'd second Aurbere's recommendation of Krayt for #7 - he almost matched Malgus' output pre-death and when resurrected his powers supposedly increased considerably - which I feel solidifies his position.

Now there is the question of Darth Traya, but in the end more esoteric and difficult to defend against powers are inferior to raw outbursts of power in this respect.

Obviously the key word in all of this, is the use of "esoteric".

A list of powerful Sith Lords that does not include Darth Bane, is a list to be disregarded and invalid.

Shame on you fail sith.

Edited by UncleOst

Obviously the key word in all of this is, is the use of "esoteric".

A list of powerful Sith Lords that does not include Darth Bane, is a list to be disregarded and invalid.

Shame on you fail sith.

I would believe you, but you kinda invalidated your opinion when you said Sidious was nothing compared to Bane.

I would believe you, but you kinda invalidated your opinion when you said Sidious was nothing compared to Bane.

He tricked some fat Jedi kids out of their candy by deceit and lies. The truth would be revealed when he and Bane fought 1vs1.

Sidious deserves to be on the list... so does Bane.

I find it funny that he claims Darth Bane is the most powerful ever of anything and steamrolls everyone.

Then forgets the fact that his own obvious favourite created an Order of the Sith Lords that was bound to a Rule of Two, which was meant to make every single Sith in that Order more powerful than the ones that came before, so unless that is true, Bane's entire legacy was a failure.

So either you argue that all the Order of the Sith Lords members were all more powerful than him, or you are arguing that his legacy and the entire point of his existence and his masterpiece that is the Rule of Two was nothing but a failure.

Which one would you like to argue for now?

Krayt as #7 is fne for me. Regarding Kreia, I don't think she has a place on the list at all. Bus sticking to #8, Malgus clearly surpasses Kreia in every aspect. I really can't a single field in which Kreia is superior to Malgus.

EDIT: The lists could go like this, for me.

#7 Darth Krayt

#8 Darth Malgus

#9 Darth Tyrannus

#10 Darth Bane

Edited by marcelo_sdk

I find it funny that he claims Darth Bane is the most powerful ever of anything and steamrolls everyone.

Then forgets the fact that his own obvious favourite created an Order of the Sith Lords that was bound to a Rule of Two, which was meant to make every single Sith in that Order more powerful than the ones that came before, so unless that is true, Bane's entire legacy was a failure.

So either you argue that all the Order of the Sith Lords members were all more powerful than him, or you are arguing that his legacy and the entire point of his existence and his masterpiece that is the Rule of Two was nothing but a failure.

Which one would you like to argue for now?

^^This is by far my favorite reply on this thread yet. I thank you.

I dispute neither of your points. We can wonder who possessed the greatest force abilities, the greatest martial skills. In addition to displaying these things, how did each Sith Lord apply himself against his opponents of his time? In essence, how was he/she contested? Then, if we pull each Sith from their respective eras, and place them in a battle to the death...we then could continue this thread for ages(I wouldn't mind lol).

But to compliment your response on Bane's legacy, I agree. For it was his vision, his command and his respect for the darkside, that lead him down his path of destruction.( no pun intended ).

It is with the highest regards that we could "in essence" concede, that Bane is by rights the Ultimate Lord, and the true father to them all.

Krayt as #7 is fne for me. Regarding Kreia, I don't think she has a place on the list at all. Bus sticking to #8, Malgus clearly surpasses Kreia in every aspect. I really can't a single field in which Kreia is superior to Malgus.

#7 Darth Krayt

#8 Darth Malgus

#9 Darth Tyrannus

#10 Darth Bane

Well lets be real here, Malgus hasn't done anything Traya has done and vice versa - they possess entirely different skill sets. However you can't ignore the fact that Traya easily Force-choked Sion without weakening him at all, completely decimating his Force barriers. And Bane? Bane's abilities seem fairly rudimentary, while Traya is incredibly advanced.

Well lets be real here, Malgus hasn't done anything Traya has done and vice versa - they possess entirely different skill sets. However you can't ignore the fact that Traya easily Force-choked Sion without weakening him at all, completely decimating his Force barriers. And Bane? Bane's abilities seem fairly rudimentary, while Traya is incredibly advanced.

My real response for you would grant me an infraction.

I don't know if I agree. What power Traya possessed that Malgus didn't? I can only remember of Beast Control, really, if there're others, please list them.

And about Bane vs. Traya, I think Bane had a lot more of raw power. But Traya, as you said, had more refined skills. What we have to decide is if that refinement was enough to surpass Bane's raw power.

Edited by marcelo_sdk

I don't know if I agree. What power Traya possessed that Malgus didn't? I can only remember of Beast Control, really, if there're others, please list them.

And about Bane vs. Traya, I think Bane had a lot more of raw power. But Traya, as you said, had more refined skills. What we have to decide is if that refinement was enough to surpass Bane's raw power.

Many? Force drain, dark healing, mind control, Force cloak, Shatterpoint, Force sight and hibernation trance. The majority of her abilities, Malgus has not replicated any of these.

On the other hand Traya has shown proficiency for Force lightning, Force choke, telekinesis, Force concealment etc.

#7 Darth Krayt

#8 Darth Malgus

#9 Darth Tyrannus

#10 Darth Bane

The fact you put Tyranus on a list that Traya isn't on... Wow.

Tyranus was a jack of all trades type of Sith, relying on the fact that the Jedi wouldn't know of his techniques, and this wouldn't know how to defend against them.... Any Sith that dabbled in sorcery would know how to stop him. He also didn't really have the Raw power of most Sith in order to pull it off... Lol.

Traya however mastered the obscure arts, Instead of just knowing them. She also knew the basics down to a T... She was perfection <3 (hehe :p)

Tyranus doesn't get the respect he deserves it seems. It's unfortunate, yes?

I very honestly put him above Bane. Not that Bane would make the list anyway.

Tyranus is by no means a pathetic sith, I'll give him that, he's powerful and could even make this list, he just shouldn't be above Traya, let alone make the list if she doesn't.

Tyranus is by no means a pathetic sith, I'll give him that, he's powerful and could even make this list, he just shouldn't be above Traya, let alone make the list if she doesn't.

I agree. I think Traya should be on the list, but I think Tyranus has a better chance of making the list than Bane does.

I agree. I think Traya should be on the list, but I think Tyranus has a better chance of making the list than Bane does.

Bah. Blasphemy!

LoL, alright guys 'n gals. Thanks for the twirl. I enjoyed the discussions. Have a good one.

Many? Force drain, dark healing, mind control, Force cloak, Shatterpoint, Force sight and hibernation trance. The majority of her abilities, Malgus has not replicated any of these.

On the other hand Traya has shown proficiency for Force lightning, Force choke, telekinesis, Force concealment etc.

Force drain, Shatterpoint and Force sight are the only ones would give her an edge. I'm pretty sure Malgus was capable of utilizing mind control and dark healing. And Force cloak, it's not just about power.

All those abilities that are common to both, it's clear that Malgus is very superior in all of them. Apart Force concealment.

Now, about the others (Tyrannus and Bane), I never stated that they were unquestionably superior to Traya. Perhaps you guys can convince me that she is superior to them, as Aurbere did about Krayt. But regarding Malgus, I'm pretty sure he's clearly more powerful than Traya.

Edited by marcelo_sdk

I read this and am like, Wow. Malgus has to be the most overrated sith being talked about on the forums. I mean im not denying his feats are impressive, however I don't believe he's really beaten any significant jedi (except maybe Satele Shan, however ive already voiced my opinion of her) and he seems rather submissive when confronted by superior sith.

During the Sacking of Coruscant, he was under the command of Darth Angral. From the book Deceived, its pretty clear that Malgus despises Angral almost as much as he despises Lord Adrass, and its also pretty clear that Adrass hides behind Angral for protection from Malgus. Malgus goes after Adrass pretty willingly knowing that hes the stronger of the two, yet does it so Angral doesn't find out. If he despised Angral so, why is it that he kept his murder of Adraas quiet so Angral wouldn't find out. Being a Darth, killing Adraas (a Lord of lower rank) openly would have no consequences as far as the DC goes. The only one who would have a problem with it would be Angral, (a non-DC member whom also refused a seat)(was Malgus even offered one?) and given knowledge Malgus's demeanor depicted in the book, coupled with his hatred for Angral clearly show this:

If he thought he could kill Angral, he would have, just like he killed Adraas. Im not saying he couldn't beat Angral, just that it doesn't make sense that he wouldn't go after him as well, especially if he thought he could beat him.

Also, Malgus refused a chance to face Revan at the Foundry (personally I think he could have won that one, given that Revan was in a weakened/mad state).

That being said, Malgus's notable kills jedi battlemasters Kao Cen Darach and Ven Zallow, along with Lord Adraas and 2 jedi after he had not fully recovered from his injuries on alderaan were impressive, however overrated.

Kao Cen Darach: was already worn out from fighting Malgus and his master Lord Vindican at the same time

Sacking of Coruscant/Ven Zallow: the jedi in the temple were all greenhorn jedi with Ven Zallow being the only real threat in the temple that day

-also keep in mind that the next jedi battlemaster Jun Seros, met his end to a bounty hunter if that's any indication of how strong jedi BM's were in this age

Lord Adrass: hid behind Angral for protection from Malgus, and was weaker than both Angral and Malgus

2 jedi after his buttwhooping from Satele Shan: ok that's impressive, but better feats have been shown from the likes of Darth's Vader and Sion whom have pretty much shown that they wont die until they want to (literally for Sion)

Personally I think Darth's Traya and Nyriss (maybe Lord Scourge, unlikely but maybe) are both stronger than Malgus and have better feats to back it up. (Not as many for the latter, but beating Lord Scourge and Meetra Surik at the same time easily tops any opponent Malgus has beaten, plus she has stronger lightning.) Also due to the rule of two what about Darth Tenebrous? being Plagueis's master and all?

I read this and am like, Wow. Malgus has to be the most overrated sith being talked about on the forums. I mean im not denying his feats are impressive, however I don't believe he's really beaten any significant jedi (except maybe Satele Shan, however ive already voiced my opinion of her) and he seems rather submissive when confronted by superior sith.

During the Sacking of Coruscant, he was under the command of Darth Angral. From the book Deceived, its pretty clear that Malgus despises Angral almost as much as he despises Lord Adrass, and its also pretty clear that Adrass hides behind Angral for protection from Malgus. Malgus goes after Adrass pretty willingly knowing that hes the stronger of the two, yet does it so Angral doesn't find out. If he despised Angral so, why is it that he kept his murder of Adraas quiet so Angral wouldn't find out. Being a Darth, killing Adraas (a Lord of lower rank) openly would have no consequences as far as the DC goes. The only one who would have a problem with it would be Angral, (a non-DC member whom also refused a seat)(was Malgus even offered one?) and given knowledge Malgus's demeanor depicted in the book, coupled with his hatred for Angral clearly show this:

If he thought he could kill Angral, he would have, just like he killed Adraas. Im not saying he couldn't beat Angral, just that it doesn't make sense that he wouldn't go after him as well, especially if he thought he could beat him.

Also, Malgus refused a chance to face Revan at the Foundry (personally I think he could have won that one, given that Revan was in a weakened/mad state).

That being said, Malgus's notable kills jedi battlemasters Kao Cen Darach and Ven Zallow, along with Lord Adraas and 2 jedi after he had not fully recovered from his injuries on alderaan were impressive, however overrated.

Kao Cen Darach: was already worn out from fighting Malgus and his master Lord Vindican at the same time

Sacking of Coruscant/Ven Zallow: the jedi in the temple were all greenhorn jedi with Ven Zallow being the only real threat in the temple that day

-also keep in mind that the next jedi battlemaster Jun Seros, met his end to a bounty hunter if that's any indication of how strong jedi BM's were in this age

Lord Adrass: hid behind Angral for protection from Malgus, and was weaker than both Angral and Malgus

2 jedi after his buttwhooping from Satele Shan: ok that's impressive, but better feats have been shown from the likes of Darth's Vader and Sion whom have pretty much shown that they wont die until they want to (literally for Sion)

Personally I think Darth's Traya and Nyriss (maybe Lord Scourge, unlikely but maybe) are both stronger than Malgus and have better feats to back it up. (Not as many for the latter, but beating Lord Scourge and Meetra Surik at the same time easily tops any opponent Malgus has beaten, plus she has stronger lightning.) Also due to the rule of two what about Darth Tenebrous? being Plagueis's master and all?

Wasn't it said in the Agent story that Jadus was the most powerful member of the dark council? Autumatically making him +1 of malgus.