Armor collections was a wonderful addition but very flawed.

SirCopperfield

Bioware,

The new achievement/collection system you put in place a few patches ago has really added a new level depth to this already wonderful game. I commend you. However, I think the armor collections portion needs a little tweaking.

I admit it. I collect armor. That's why I love this so much. However, it's way too freaking expensive to remove mods/augments every time I want to wear a new armor set that I have collected.

Here is a prime example...

I queue for a Warzone and get Huttball. I would like to immediately be able to click on the Frogdog Home Armor set I have acquired and have it ready to go with my PVP mods.

True gamers like myself love depth, and love being able to show off what we've acquired and accomplished. It's just not possible with the current way the collection system is set up.

Bioware,

The new achievement/collection system you put in place a few patches ago has really added a new level depth to this already wonderful game. I commend you. However, I think the armor collections portion needs a little tweaking.

I admit it. I collect armor. That's why I love this so much. However, it's way too freaking expensive to remove mods/augments every time I want to wear a new armor set that I have collected.

I queue for a Warzone and get Huttball. I would like to immediately be able to click on the Frogdog Home Armor set I have acquired and have it ready to go with my PVP mods.

True gamers like myself love depth, and love being able to show off what we've acquired and accomplished. It's just not possible with the current way the collection system is set up.

I thought this was a good point until I realized who the poster was.

This is not new idea, it really can get expensive if you chose to change armor sets often.

Well, this is the first time I have mentioned it on the forums, so let's just say this is the first time someone has brought it up.

For arguments sake of course.

Bioware,

Why not take some of the sponsorship you receive for being a pr0 gamer and purchase a truck load of CC, use the CC to purchase many, many desirable items from the CM and then sell them on the GTN for a colossal profit?

You would then be able to afford the cost associated with switching mods frequently...

Driz

Bioware,

Are you serious, you expect the game to record what modds you have installed in your armour, I assume this is the crux of the demand since the armour set itself does go to collections. If the game recorded what everybody had slotted into their collection armour, the memory drain on the servers would be massive, we are talking permanent lagg for everybody all the time. Or do you just want the collection to record what you have, and foist it upon everybody else?

Alex, this is Copperfield.

He is never serious.

And he's getting less and less funny by the minute.

I know, but I want him to defend his silly post before it turns into a name calling match, like the last fifty threads of his have, sadly he rarely responds to sensible posts, the last thread he did turned into a slanging match straight away.

Edited by AlexDougherty

Are you serious, you expect the game to record what modds you have installed in your armour, I assume this is the crux of the demand since the armour set itself does go to collections. If the game recorded what everybody had slotted into their collection armour, the memory drain on the servers would be massive, we are talking permanent lagg for everybody all the time. Or do you just want the collection to record what you have, and foist it upon everybody else?

You kidding, memory drain?

I have an account that has 5 cargo bays account wide - they are packed to the rooftops - so if there is such thing as a memory drain, imagine what that would be with not only me doing this?

Keeping track of item modifications in armor collection is small potatoes compare to how many people have their inventory and cargo bays jammed.

I know, but I want him to defend his silly post before it turns into a name calling match, like the last fifty threads of his have, sadly he rarely responds to sensible posts, the last thread he did turned into a slanging match straight away.

So

You understand he's trying to be funny (although, he never really is).

You understand he doesn't want to discuss things, he just wants to make outrageous posts that will keep him "relevant" - and we have to thank the devs for accepting his trolls posts. Grats on that BW.

You understand that none of his demands/complaints/statements are either true or rational.

And you're still trying to get a sensible reply from him?

:rolleyes:

Let me put it to you this way: The chances of you getting a real, non-trolling, sensible answer from Copperfield are roughly the same as Uwe Boll directing a decent movie.

In other words, nil. zero. none.

Don't waste your time.

So

You understand he's trying to be funny (although, he never really is).

You understand he doesn't want to discuss things, he just wants to make outrageous posts that will keep him "relevant" - and we have to thank the devs for accepting his trolls posts. Grats on that BW.

You understand that none of his demands/complaints/statements are either true or rational.

And you're still trying to get a sensible reply from him?

:rolleyes:

Let me put it to you this way: The chances of you getting a real, non-trolling, sensible answer from Copperfield are roughly the same as Uwe Boll directing a decent movie.

In other words, nil. zero. none.

Don't waste your time.

I only want a sensible reply from him because they are more interesting than the name calling he devolves to.

But yeah I get were you're coming from.