Min/Maxing Rage Marauder

mrcoolxxx

Hello everyone. I've started PvP-ing again on my marauder after a long break, and while it is fun, I'm currently having problems with my gear. I'm not yet fully Partisan (missing 2 or 3 pieces), but even so I've noticed my accuracy is somewhat low (melee at 98%/force at 108%) while the surge rating seems a bit high (close to 80%). I'm still using my PvE off hand, because it has some extra accuracy.

I'm only asking from a PvP perspective:

1) How much HP, Accuracy and Surge should I be trying to get?

2) Is there anyway to get the accuracy without buying the same gear I already have and removing the enhancement? That would take a while.

PS: While my forum searching skills are not OVER 9000, all I could find where questions about min/maxing carnage, which is not what I'm looking for.

TY!

Edited by mrcoolxxx

Smash is a Force attack, so don't worry about accuracy. Stack Power on all mods and enhancements and use Overkill Augments (Smash is auto-crit with right setup). I don't remember the split exactly, but the Challenger and Weaponmaster sets each have individual pieces that have Power mods and/or Power/Surge or Power/Accuracy enhancements. Buy those pieces as well as Power/Surge Implants and Earpiece (can't recall names at the moment). Once those are all purchased and augmented, buy the 27X mods for 400 comms and insert into every mod slot. Because I like to switch between Focus and Combat (Sentinel), I haven't decided if I will switch out my Power/Accuracy enhancements for more Surge (Combat requires some Accuracy). I believe diminishing returns on Surge start around 70/75%? I'm still toying with my gear and without playing with my enhancements I'm in the mid/high 80s as far as Surge. Just one guy's opinion. Check MMO Mechanics for a lot of great info on 2.0. Good luck.

Because I like to switch between Focus and Combat (Sentinel), I haven't decided if I will switch out my Power/Accuracy enhancements for more Surge (Combat requires some Accuracy). I believe diminishing returns on Surge start around 70/75%?

Diminishing returns for every stat starts at 1 (for the stats that have DR, which is most of them), there's not some sudden barrier where a stat immediately becomes useless. Combat gets 95-96% accuracy without investing any points in the stat at all, which is all you need for anything that isn't a tank. You can go all Surge for Combat and Focus.

Edited by Gondolindhrim

Diminishing returns for every stat starts at 1 (for the stats that have DR, which is most of them), there's not some sudden barrier where a stat immediately becomes useless. Combat gets 95-96% accuracy without investing any points in the stat at all, which is all you need for anything that isn't a tank. You can go all Surge for Combat and Focus.

Excellent! Thanks for the input. I have a Vengeance Jugg as well who was min/maxed pre-2.0. My accuracy was around 99%. Assuming it'd be safe when planning him now to go ahead and drop Accuracy to around 95% in order to stack more of whatever stat I'm lacking?

Excellent! Thanks for the input. I have a Vengeance Jugg as well who was min/maxed pre-2.0. My accuracy was around 99%. Assuming it'd be safe when planning him now to go ahead and drop Accuracy to around 95% in order to stack more of whatever stat I'm lacking?

Yeah, most classes/specs only have 5% defense, so you're fine with 95/105 basic/special accuracy and the rest into Surge to make those Force Screams hit hard.

Aluvi, I noticed that you run with the matrix cube for your other relic instead of the conq kinetic tempest or dark radiance ones. Can you explain why? Thanks.

i havent been able to find how to get the 55 version of the matrix cube can someone point me in the right direction?

I would assume Aluvi gets better overall damage from (static stat boost) having a cube since he runs rage in ranked and is always smashing multiple people where as a damage proc relic would only hit 1 person at a time. 1v1 the damage proc relic is going to be best in slot, especially now that they have fixed the timers on them.