MASSIVE Planets - Lots of content - my only gripe

XOrionX

Just a thought I have been having.

I just left Balmorra, and I felt I should comment on exactly how massive that planet felt to me. I mean, the zone just feel absolutely HUGE. I was in awe at how much traveling I had to do. In terms of quests, I had so many and was never at risk of running out (which is a good thing). The layout of the zone took some getting used to; I think maybe it felt fragmented a bit, but only because of the flight path layouts.

A couple things I feel could possibly be tweaked.

+ I think that the flight paths should be better linked; taking a flight path from one point to another, only to have to run a minute to another flight path to get to your actually desired destination is kind of frustrating. Some players may disagree, but having a more efficient flight path may save a few headaches.

+ I don't have a problem with having an almost endless supply of quests, In fact I love that I have so many to choose from. But I think that maybe the experience rewards from some of them could be scaled back a bit. And my reasoning for this thought is this, at lvl 23 I felt I had to abandon a bunch of quests out of fear of leveling too far past the level requirements for the next planet. I hate grinding experience as much as the next guy, but with as much content as they have crammed into some of these planets I doubt they would be at risk of having to force players to grind mobs for experience if they did choose to scale down the rewards. I feel like even a scale back by as much as 20-30% on the experience rewards would be perfect. This way the next zone will not feel "gimped" by being over leveled for the content.

Nar Shaddaa is amazing by the way, so far it is my favorite planet. There is so much going on in the background it's hard not to stop and take it all in.

With the exception of a few bugs I have encountered I am enjoying this game IMMENSELY. I can't wait to see what is in store for the future. And I will definitely be rolling an alt, the storylines are great IMHO.

Agree on xp nerfs. It is a good thing there are so many quests AND bonus series for each planet but I am outlevelling content by four levels. Still nice to see so much stuff. And i like that heroic quests are hardish even three levels above recommended level.

Agree on xp nerfs. It is a good thing there are so many quests AND bonus series for each planet but I am outlevelling content by four levels. Still nice to see so much stuff. And i like that heroic quests are hardish even three levels above recommended level.

This will not last, byt level 35 or so you will NEED the bonus series and some Heroic. Or a mix of PvP + Falshpoint. It's not a grind, but class/main zone quests will not be enough.

I like the non-grinding aspect of leveling.... makes the gameplay more involved.. hate grinding, and it should stay that way. There's no problem of outleveling the content, world bosses/ groups/ flashpoints is here for a reason; you probably can't solo all of them even at level 50.

I have to agree about Balmorra. I love the scope of it...and it makes sense.

I don't mind running to places...or running back to drop quests off. But the lack of FP's though the planet seems a tad bit tiresome.

I have quests there still...but I just couldn't make myself run back to finish more after dropping my class quest off.

I like the non-grinding aspect of leveling.... makes the gameplay more involved.. hate grinding, and it should stay that way. There's no problem of outleveling the content, world bosses/ groups/ flashpoints is here for a reason; you probably can't solo all of them even at level 50.

I think they could scale the xp back slightly without ever making you feel like you have to grind. Because there is so many quests on some planets you never really have the chance of running out of them.