Sage in PVP situations - Insta-dead

Jurzey

=) Yeah, I learned that after posting this. Newb question at it's best.

wouldn't call it newb. question is a question, as far as it seeks knowledge, it's neither newb, noob or stupid.

might be silly question, but as far as one accepts answear, it's not any of those 3 above.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Obviously I can switch enemies with tab, but then getting back to my own team I have not mastered.

I use Tab for friendlies, Shift + Tab for reds. Whatever you'd be comfortable with would be best but I suggest easy binds for targeting and pvp practice when you get a chance.

Edited by Joesixxpack

I use Tab for friendlies, Shift + Tab for reds. Whatever you'd be comfortable with would be best but I suggest easy binds for targeting and pvp practice when you get a chance.

I use a mix of hotkey targetting + mouse clicks, whichever method is the fastest according to situation.

In most cases usually what I need is just (WARNING: Keys set differently from default);

TAB = target neaerest enemy

SHIFT+TAB = target next enemy

TILDE(`) = target next friendly

These keys work with simple principles. The TAB will target an enemy within your screen that is nearest in distance. SHIFT+TAB will cycle other enemies according their distance (cycles from near to far) , and TILDE(') works the same, except only on friendlies.

The cycling order is ALWAYS the same if relative distances don't change, and therefore predictable.

I've practiced it upto the level so I can see someone activating a heal, more or less reliably switch to that target within 0.7 seconds of initial activation, attack and cancel that heal, and then immediately switch back to my original target. In truth, the speed and accuracy of targetting is another one of those quintessential human traits which acts as a part of the PvP skill set, so you should keep practicing quick target switching as you play PvE.

For starters, when engaging multiple group of enemies, always try to switch around and interrupt casting as quick as possible, and then come back to your initial target. Don't use just mass/AoE attacks, or just steamroll mobs, and try to practice as much technical aspect as possible. It helps.