The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Agent/Smuggler roll needs cooldown.

vermura

Roll on a 1 minute 30 second cooldown, removes all DoTs and Physical and Tech effects from you, moves you away from battle, enters stealth and costs half your energy.

Makes it a good buff for DPS Ops, and less overkill for healers.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Roll on a 1 minute 30 second cooldown, removes all DoTs and Physical and Tech effects from you, moves you away from battle, enters stealth and costs half your energy.

Makes it a good buff for DPS Ops, and less overkill for healers.

That'd be really good for concealment DPS, but not too great for lethality (ok another TA).

Everybody asking for a roll nerf agrees that dps operatives could use a buff, that point isn't even worth mentioning.

Also, everybody comparing op roll to other movement skills are being retarded. The roll allows you to move distances no other class can reach without meeting some kind of requirement, and the distance traveled vastly exceeds normal movement speed by a margin that is totally imbalanced. It's also useable while carrying the ball, which phase walk is not.

This quote actually made me laugh out loud:

"OP/Scoundrel= 12m roll/6m when slowed. Can use ALL your energy to move 24-48m in 6+ seconds. Then you are helpless."

I have an operative and I can easily use roll more than 4 times without draining myself via adrenaline probe. Not to mention that draining your energy isn't much of a loss when you are usually sitting there channeling a cap after you do it anyways, which doesn't require energy. As a healer this allows me to roll up to 8 times or more in a row, and that's if I'm not maintaining my regen. If you aren't in combat, you can simply channel your out of combat heal and recharge (after which you can roll some more), if you are you still have combat stealth (then out of combat heal) and/or diagnostic to help you in the meantime. You can also use your stim boost to give you some alacrity and help with regen. If you pop all this stuff at the same time and make an effort to maintain some energy regen, you can travel the entire map in a warzone in a matter of 20s or so and still be in fine shape for fighting afterwards.

The problem here isn't that it just makes operatives the fastest movers though. The problem is you can reach areas commandos and other slow movers can't move to in any reasonable time frame to keep up with you. There is literally no chance for a commando or merc to interrupt a cap at the beginning of a warzone if a roller gets there first. This was never the case before, other classes would arrive at the node first but they could still be interrupted by a slow mover.

The big kicker of all of this is that it was given to a class that was already the best healer in the game. We've all agreed dps ops could use some buffs but it didn't need to apply to healer operatives as well, it should be in the dps trees.

Great post! So good to se an OP who doesn't just bleat on about how their over-powered skill is fine.

But it makes me wonder wth the devs were thinking when scamper was introduced to the game in the first place?

Buff dps and nerf heal spec is perfectly fine as we've all said many times. But nerfing the roll has to be part of it, because the roll is in and of itself very unbalanced. If concealment were to keep the no cooldown rolling I would be fine with that as long as the other 2 specs don't get it.

Nope, conceal might warrant a decrease in the cooldown, but it should have one nonetheless.

Roll is annoying to people who don't think as a team. If an Op rolls all over the place 4 or 5 times, he used all his energy and probably a CD or 2.

I call BS.

This guys uses 4 rolls to get from spawn to the huttball. His energy is still around 45%. Then he rolls 6 more times to get to the endzone before his energy is down to around 10%. That's 10 rolls before his energy is depleted without ever resting. His energy goes from 45% to 80% in the time it takes to run to the air lift and land.

Edited by gocard

Snare them and i think they only go half distance.

Snare them and they go nowhere, slows make them go half distance, bear in mind that this move is highly energy intensive even with the energy reduce perk for the scrapper on scoundrels. Using it two times puts you in a state where any combo follow up with it puts you in a horrid state of being under 60 energy, meaning any combos they try to use on them will quickly run out of fuel within a few moves.

it doesnt need a cooldown.

what it does need, is to slow down the animation (time it takes to complete the roll. just a tiny amount of time longer, maybe half a second for the duration of the roll.

right now its like a teleport; a rolling op/scoun moves too fast for the engine too handle, causing visible hitching/rubberbanding for other players.

slow the animation down a tad so that its not pushing the limits of the engine. that will at least get rid of the weird graphical glitches, and tbh i think it may help with the "get stuck after rolling" bug.

its just too damn fast for the engine to handle.