The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Planetary Comms Cap at 80/100 Now.

Blackavaar

I just ran a low level Flashpoint, I had 81 commendations in the beginning, and after handing in all the quests, I had 92. So it worked for me.

Gotta check out a character with less than 80 commendations...

Edited by Sorei

Additional notes:

I was running my level 19 Sith Juggernaut finishing up my Drommund Kaas quests in the Dark Temple area. For each quest I chose the Commendation reward and each time I heard the Warning sound, but did not see a warning. When I first checked (when I logged in) my Commendations were at the same level they were last night, 80/100. After turning in all of the missions (the 3 at the camp, plus the one to Baras, receiving my ship and using the holoterminal) I checked again and it was still 80/100.

If anyone else can confirm this please let me know.

Thanks.

:cool:

Just checked on another character, was down at 79 commendations, did a quest that gave me 3 commendations and it wasn't a problem. I am at 82 commendations now.

Can you give specifics? What level were you? What planet were you on? Were the commendations for Heroic or regular missions? I'm trying to narrow down where the problem lies.

Sage, Taris H2 and Corusant H2 Face Merchants. Level 25.

Thank you.

Will try more with different level characters later tonight doing Heroics, Flashpoints and Regular missions.

Will post my results as soon as I have them.

• Dev Post

Hey there Blackavaar,

This seems to be quite a strange issue indeed! Please be sure to file an in-game help ticket (not a /bug, please).

If anyone else experiences this issue, please post in this thread so we can investigate.

:ph_thank_you:

Hey there Blackavaar,

This seems to be quite a strange issue indeed! Please be sure to file an in-game help ticket (not a /bug, please).

If anyone else experiences this issue, please post in this thread so we can investigate.

:ph_thank_you:

Will do.

Thanks, Amber!

Saw your post earlier and began keeping an eye on mine. Started the day with somewhere around upper 60s/lower 70s and from questing on Taris and completing Boarding Party via random Group Finder I have raised my commendations to 92. Currently a 35 Operative.

Sorry it's happening to you, but here's a bit more info as you requested.

Saw your post earlier and began keeping an eye on mine. Started the day with somewhere around upper 60s/lower 70s and from questing on Taris and completing Boarding Party via random Group Finder I have raised my commendations to 92. Currently a 35 Operative.

Sorry it's happening to you, but here's a bit more info as you requested.

Thanks!

I haven't seen this happening. On a side note, could the cap please be raised to at least 250 or even 1000 like other commendation types? 100 just isn't enough.

The cap is low because they want you to spend them and continuously get new gear for your character.

Otherwise everyone would just hoard them and wait until they got to max level to spend them, making them pretty useless.

Update:

Played my Juggernaut for a while last night. She had apparently popped 20 when I did the console part yesterday morning. Reran a Heroic (Personal Challenge) to see if she could get commendations and she did. And apparently I did get the Commendation for the holoterminal mission turn in because she had 84 Commendations after the Heroic. So, that character apparently is gaining Commendations normally again.

Switched characters to another on Drommund Kaas and began working her up. She is now level 17 with 74 Planetary Commendations. Going to continue running her tonight to see if it is perhaps a level thing that is causing the Commendations to stop at 80/100. Will have more data tonight.

Update:

I got my new Assassin up to 18 and 80 Commendations then started doing same missions in Dark Temple area and she was able to gain further Commendations after 80. I guess this might have been character specific, a temporary glitch or maybe I am just mistaken.

Confirmation however, the Warning text about being close to the commendation cap no longer appears in either red text or in chat, though the warning sound still plays.