S+V: 16M - NiM (World Ranking)

I don't see any rule in the notes tab of the spreadsheet that addresses guild mergers or renames and personally I don't see the big deal in this case. I didn't go back through this thread, so perhaps Nibbon wrote something pertaining to this inside the thread that I'm not remembering.

However, the guilds should agree to some standard going forward on how to handle these situations. If you're saying 4 raiders were not there for the first 2 kills then that is 25% of the raid. What would be the threshold where old kills would not count for a new guild name? In my experience in WoW and TOR, guild names don't usually change unless the merger is near equal size. Having 4 new people sounds more like normal recruiting that a raiding guild might have to do. Perhaps there were more, but they just aren't part of the main raid team.

And grats again to Intrepid! Lawrence Taylor also asked me to pass along his congratulations ;)

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't see any rule in the notes tab of the spreadsheet that addresses guild mergers or renames and personally I don't see the big deal in this case. I didn't go back through this thread, so perhaps Nibbon wrote something pertaining to this inside the thread that I'm not remembering.

This is the closest I've made to a statement (towards the beginning of TFB progression - again when we thinking about reforming (and obviously, didn't):

We are reforming under a new name, I'll be putting us under a fresh progression when that happens since the new entity will probably only be about half Carnage players, I suppose that is most fair.

The idea at the time was to take about 10 carnage and 6 others from a different guild. It is a bit more extreme than what it sounds like happened to FF/NGE. I'm leaning much towards letting them have the FF kills under NGE, since their situation sounds a lot more like recruitment. When we come to a determination about this, I will write up a new rule in the comments. If a few other guilds give the go ahead (to give them credit) - then I will just go ahead with that.

Updated.

I just wanted to let everyone know I will no longer be updating the TFB rankings.

I will continue supporting S+V rankings for 2-3 more weeks (8/30 or 9/6)

I should probably also mention, I have no intention of tracking the next tier HM (I do not think HM should be tracked, it is kind of pointless). More importantly, I won't be tracking for NiM either - if someone wants to take over the tracking responsibility, I can set it up for you and give you admin powers (or throw you an empty template, whatever you want).

Edited by Nibbon

Quitting the game nibbon?

Nah, I just had so many responsibilities it became a bit overbearing (especially because of class rep stuff). I did it a few rounds, someone elses turn.

thin i'll get you admin access tomorrow

Edited by Nibbon