The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

DYE Modules

My suggestion for DYE Modules...

Make it so Subs can purchase whatever dye module they want to use directly off the market! Make them BoP so they can't be sold on the GTN. F2Ps and Subs can still buy Random DYE Packs, while subs get the perk of just out right buying the color combos they seek!

See that, it even adds a perk to being a sub!

Not a bad idea. I'd still like to see them add dyes to the collections tab. I don't want to have to go and pay for another black/black dye when I get a better chest armor for my warrior.

Would it be so hard for them to make colors we want?

You know, the soldier colors for the Republic and Empire? >_>

Black Primary medium Red secondary

Black Primary medium Blue secondary

White Primary medium red secondary

White Primary medium blue secondary

Black Primary only

Black Secondary only

White Primary only

White Secondary only

Edited by Magnusheart

I love this suggestion.

Howeever, I'd like to suggest an alternative just so we have another option regarding this. Allow players to remove Dye Modules without losing them. You can make it a cartel thing, make it subscribers only, do whatever you feel like. I lucked out and got a black and black and I absolutely love it on my Sith Warrior. I wouldn't give it up for the world but should I come across a better looking piece of customizable armor in the future I'd appreciate not having to worry about getting another black and black.

Not a bad idea. I'd still like to see them add dyes to the collections tab. I don't want to have to go and pay for another black/black dye when I get a better chest armor for my warrior.

Agreed on this. If I obtained a Black/Black dye now, I'd want to use it on my Consular, but I'm still hoping for Aspiring Jedi Knight Vest to get an adaptive version of it, and would want it black/black or more likely, black/tan (or brown).

I would just suggest to remove the gambling aspect and allow everyone to buy whatever colours they want. I myself don't buy these dye packs because I didn't get any colour I wanted from 5 of them, so I stopped. I just wanted a simple blue/white dye kit and just got purple/brown and other colours I don't care for.

I buy the regular cartel packs when I feel like gambling, and they should continue to be that way. But selling individual dye modules for, say, 60-100 a piece will increase sales. How many would buy the black or white dyes over and over when progressing? I guarentee more are willing to spend thousands of coins on colours they want rather than spending thousands just to get a chance of getting them. You could even increase the prices for the more popular colours to 200, the more common ones for 60 and the less common for 100-150.

When they announced that they are allowing us to change the colours of our armour, I didn't get the idea in my head that we get very few, mostly orange and green colours from crafting, colours we can choose without a headache, and most of them through gambling that costs way too much. I thought it meant that we would get the more rare colours from the market and the more common, off-the-shelf colours from vendors and crafting. I was sorely disappointed.

I would just suggest to remove the gambling aspect and allow everyone to buy whatever colours they want. I myself don't buy these dye packs because I didn't get any colour I wanted from 5 of them, so I stopped. I just wanted a simple blue/white dye kit and just got purple/brown and other colours I don't care for.

I buy the regular cartel packs when I feel like gambling, and they should continue to be that way. But selling individual dye modules for, say, 60-100 a piece will increase sales. How many would buy the black or white dyes over and over when progressing? I guarentee more are willing to spend thousands of coins on colours they want rather than spending thousands just to get a chance of getting them. You could even increase the prices for the more popular colours to 200, the more common ones for 60 and the less common for 100-150.

When they announced that they are allowing us to change the colours of our armour, I didn't get the idea in my head that we get very few, mostly orange and green colours from crafting, colours we can choose without a headache, and most of them through gambling that costs way too much. I thought it meant that we would get the more rare colours from the market and the more common, off-the-shelf colours from vendors and crafting. I was sorely disappointed.

This and have then available as recipes for Artificing.

Yeah, that's why I've decided it's best to pick out which gear I like for my characters and their companions the best - make it the color combo I want (once the dye set becomes available, if the outfit isn't already in the colors I want for my character), then just upgrade the armoring, enhancement, mod, and augment whenever I need to. In a way, a bit less hassle.

But more Dye Modules in more color combos would be nice. Or to have the ability to just buy the color combos I want directly from the Cartel Market instead of going through random drops.

Agreed on this. If I obtained a Black/Black dye now, I'd want to use it on my Consular, but I'm still hoping for Aspiring Jedi Knight Vest to get an adaptive version of it, and would want it black/black or more likely, black/tan (or brown).

There is an adaptive Aspiring Jedi Knight Vest available through Synthweaving (or from Synthweavers selling them on the GTN) - however, it doesn't have a slot yet for Dye Modules. I'd like to see gear made by Synthweaving get the ability to have a Dye Module slot, just as they get the ability to have an Augmentation slot.

There is an adaptive Aspiring Jedi Knight Vest available through Synthweaving (or from Synthweavers selling them on the GTN) - however, it doesn't have a slot yet for Dye Modules. I'd like to see gear made by Synthweaving get the ability to have a Dye Module slot, just as they get the ability to have an Augmentation slot.

It's Customizable Medium Armor, can't use it on Light Armor users :(

I want more rustic and off/faded colors

Most of the colors are way to bright.

I want the rares to drop a little more evenly. I'm done with the packs. :/ I decided to give them one more chance. Buy in bulk. Only rares I've ever gotten from them is the Deep Red/Dark Blue. And it seems to be a rare once out of 10-12 packs.

Terrible terrible OMGFG TERRIBLE! BW/EA should be ashamed of themselves.

I want the rares to drop a little more evenly. I'm done with the packs. :/ I decided to give them one more chance. Buy in bulk. Only rares I've ever gotten from them is the Deep Red/Dark Blue. And it seems to be a rare once out of 10-12 packs.

Terrible terrible OMGFG TERRIBLE! BW/EA should be ashamed of themselves.

Yeah I'm done with the packs too. 9 out of 10 times they are complete garbage dyes. The other time is usually a rare like you mentioned red/blue.

It just amazes me how horrible this entire dye system is. Everything leading up to the release of dyes made it appear to be a great system. Then it turns out to be a nickel and diming kick in the groin. This system needs some serious attention. I just can't understand with all the other games dye systems that players like Bioware thought it necessary to try something completely different and asinine.