Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

In what world is PvP fun

Hessen

When A level 54 with a tonne of expertise and fancy gear and skill tree points can take on and beat 2 level 30 opposition players with on level blue gear?

I've been on both sides of the fight and the 30-54 bracket is just ridiculously unbalanced. And un fun.

When A level 54 with a tonne of expertise and fancy gear and skill tree points can take on and beat 2 level 30 opposition players with on level blue gear?

I've been on both sides of the fight and the 30-54 bracket is just ridiculously unbalanced. And un fun.

you ever seen 10-49 brackets?

poorly twinked 49 marauder of mine would massacre (literally, with massacre) thro 3 node defenders and cap before first one made his way back (it is also possible they choosed different speeder not to meet me downstairs again.. ah the will of fight).

as I agree that brackets should be 10-39 and then 40-54, it's been worse.

plus bolster is better now.

30-54 bracket is fine.

/Thread

^^^^

To OP: I think - and this is the most logical explanation - the lowbies are lowbie and therefore bad? Nearly all >50 players at launch of xpac had been 50 for a long time to know their stuff.

As level 36 as a carnage mara I - LITERALLY - killed this guy with charge, Gore + ravage, and scream. That's it. He was a lowbie mara IIRC

I think the bracket is okay for balance. I always did better than average in the 54s, not so much in the 55s when everyone got decent.

Edited by Zunayson

You got your XP, stop crying.

And you're lying. PvPing for XP is infinitely more fun than doing the planetary quests in this game for the second/third/fourth/fifth/sixth/seventh time. That's all Lowbies are (and have ever been) good for, an alternative method of leveling your toon.

^^^^

To OP: I think - and this is the most logical explanation - the lowbies are lowbie and therefore bad? Nearly all >50 players at launch of xpac had been 50 for a long time to know their stuff.

As level 36 as a carnage mara I - LITERALLY - killed this guy with charge, Gore + ravage, and scream. That's it. He was a lowbie mara IIRC

I think the bracket is okay for balance. I always did better than average in the 54s, not so much in the 55s when everyone got decent.

Spoiler alert that used to literally kill 100% of people in pvp if you didn't get cc'd during ravage. I think it boils down to missing skills somewhat. I had no issues with it leveling from 50-55 on my other characters, including my op. But it seems wildly imbalanced on the scoundrel I'm leveling, because of the lack of talent points/attacks. Not so bad on my guardian, in comparison, so I think it's a class by class thing really. You can't really play scrapper without shoot first or fr, but you can tank/smash/dosomevengeancethings without a problem.

You got your XP, stop crying.

And you're lying. PvPing for XP is infinitely more fun than doing the planetary quests in this game for the second/third/fourth/fifth/sixth/seventh time. That's all Lowbies are (and have ever been) good for, an alternative method of leveling your toon.

I disagree. I like mixing planetary quests and class story with PvP warzones whilst I level. And the warzones feel very unbalanced when the 50-54 group tend to destroy lower level alts.

I think 30-54 is absolutely fine. You got the squishy Sages that are now reliable and those pesky Operatives that are super fun to brutally murder.

On my 42 Sniper this morning against a Medicine/Lethality lvl 42 hybrid Operative. He kept trying to cap our node in NC and I would destroy him every time. Afterwards he starts QQ'ing that Snipers are OP because of Entrench. Good times to be had in PvP nowadays.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.