What Sin ability does this? Vid inc.

Lafay

For those who can't watch the video: the player is doing a good job of keeping the node in his sights while hopping around guarding a civil war side node. The last time we see the node under his team's control is at 36:17 when he goes to attack an enemy, then the node flips to the opposing team at around 36:22, the player spins his camera and we see the node under enemy control at 36:23.

Since its not possible to cap a civil war node in 5-6 seconds, I'm gonna go ahead and guess its a case of the bug described in this thread. Its being seen in voidstar a lot, but basically a stealther exits stealth and immediately starts capping but for some reason, the player is delayed in coming out of stealth and appearing on your screen. End result being that the objective is at least half, if not fully capped before they appear.

You and your friend Aluvian, and anyone else who feels compelled should file tickets on the incident and maybe start a thread in the bug report forum so you can show the video as well.

I think its important to note that this affects players who are not necessarily trying to abuse it, so don't go after the sin in this video with pitchforks (or anyone else you see that manages to cap in this manner). He was likely unaware that he was invisible to the other players on the turret. I'm actually pretty sure this has happened to my assassin a few times, too, but since it looks normal to me its impossible to tell. Until this is figured out, its safest to lay an AOE on the VS door/CW turret every 8 seconds to reveal any stealthers affected by the bug.

tl;dr just a stupid bug, nothing to see here, move along

Edited by NadirPalo

For those who can't watch the video: the player is doing a good job of keeping the node in his sights while hopping around guarding a civil war side node. The last time we see the node under his team's control is at 36:17 when he goes to attack an enemy, then the node flips to the opposing team at around 36:22, the player spins his camera and we see the node under enemy control at 36:23.

Since its not possible to cap a civil war node in 5-6 seconds, I'm gonna go ahead and guess its a case of the bug described in this thread. Its being seen in voidstar a lot, but basically a stealther exits stealth and immediately starts capping but for some reason, the player is delayed in coming out of stealth and appearing on your screen. End result being that the objective is at least half, if not fully capped before they appear.

You and your friend Aluvian, and anyone else who feels compelled should file tickets on the incident and maybe start a thread in the bug report forum so you can show the video as well.

I think its important to note that this affects players who are not necessarily trying to abuse it, so don't go after the sin in this video with pitchforks (or anyone else you see that manages to cap in this manner). He was likely unaware that he was invisible to the other players on the turret. I'm actually pretty sure this has happened to my assassin a few times, too, but since it looks normal to me its impossible to tell. Until this is figured out, its safest to lay an AOE on the VS door/CW turret every 8 seconds to reveal any stealthers affected by the bug.

tl;dr just a stupid bug, nothing to see here, move along

Good post.

or.... i like this one...

o Stealth

o Disconnect from internet

o Plant Bomb

o Reconnect to the internet

o Internet recatches up. They are 6 seconds through the cap before you see them.