The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

What will it take for BW to address the Powertech / Vanguard class issues?

nDjiin

Bioware won't comment. We're not a force class. Bioware only cares mostly about the force classes in this game. You saw how quick they were to comment on the Sin DPS during the PTS before these changes took place. However, since these changes, they still haven't commented on PTs at all. Furthermore, it took them a year to start doing things with the mercs. This game will be dead before they even get around the PTs.

Can we start calling Bioware "Sony Online Entertainment" yet?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It seems that the DPS in SWTOR is ranked in like this

Highest : DPS only class : ie Marauder / Sentinel, Sniper / Gunslinger

Next Highest : Healer Class : ie mercenary / Commando, Operative / Scoundrel, Sorcerer / Sage

Lowest : Powertech / Vanguard, Assassin / Shadow, Juggernaut / Guardian

My point being the tank classes have 2 tree's that are now almost worthless - so why would they have 2/3 of the skill tree's that are not competitive? Why not have 2 tank tree's and 1 DPS tree. Personally I would rather they fix the DPS on these classes but this doesn't seem to be happening anytime soon.

I will rephrase your statement :D

tier 1: knights, consulars, warrior, inquisitor

tier 99: troopers, smugglers, bounty hunters, imperial agents

first one will always be on top of food chain. 2/3 but more likely 3/3 specs is viable in both pve/pvp.

lower ones are ones being messed with. sometimes 1 spec will be buffed, other 2 will be bad, sometimes all 3 will be bad. some wont be bad in general, but inferior when you compare them to ones from tier one.

• 2 weeks later...
What will it take for BW to address the Powertech / Vanguard class issues?

Another expansion. When the level cap goes to 60 they will be forced to do some balancing, but I don't expect anything before that day. Bioware doesn't do periodic class balancing anymore. If they break your class, you might as well re-roll because you're in for 6 months to a year of being broken.